Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair this is much better suited to be your last LP than loving Susana or whatever.

If you go that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Enemies drop poo poo when they die. poo poo you can acquire and use for various things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well also I assume the robots would figure it out and just go underground or something.

A space lazer can only do so many things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That is the best part of the game for how angry it makes manchildren

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You can just not play it's an option.

But being smug is more fun I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

In the case of the creator saying so, there's also the counter-argument of "then why are you selling it?"

But that doesn't follow at all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

"The real best option was not to play it!"

"Then why are you selling me a product which is a game meant to be played?"

It just seems that there are some cross purposes in that particular interaction. That said, I did enjoy playing that game and they had some good inspiration that isn't seen in most of the genre, but it doesn't stick out to me as more than a minor blip above the norm.

Automata, meanwhile, hits basically every aspect required to make it fantastic in my eyes.

e: words hard

That only is a choice if you choose not to play.

There is another option

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Iretep posted:

if the choice is not to play or play, it should probably be advertised on the games cover so people know not to buy it.

Every game has that option.

It would be pointless.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Because manchildren are dumb and whiny.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't think the androids have a concept of children.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Your confusing games spec doesn't have joke endings.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Whoops. I thought "The devs wanted to put in an optional ending where you simply left the area, but the idea was nixed." was referring to Adam's boss fight, not spec ops. :downs:

"How can we make art out of calling the player a monster if most players are choosing not to be a monster?" 🤔

That isn't what that implied at all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well yeah seeing people freak out because a game doesn't cater specifically to whatever arbitrary acceptable level is always funny. Especially when they try and make some half assed argument to pretend their criticism is legit.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Calm down Jesus

• Locked thread