Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Honestly I think he just doesn't care that 2B was 2E, he's full on red-eyed banana sandwiches now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I love that in a world of Microtransactions and Lootboxes, Taro went the opposite direction and made achievements purchasable with in game currency :allears: That man's a genius

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I tried to get that achievement but for whatever reason, 2B is completely fine with me looking up her skirt and won't knock away the camera :saddowns: I shouldn't have to spend money on such a low effort trophy 2B, stop making me look like a creep

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Id once destroyed his hand because he Shining Finger'd his own deck in order to save a litter of freezing kittens.

https://twitter.com/fioaimes/status/829129363316682752

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Dark Id is one of two people I know that were insane enough to 100% Chrono Cross

The other person is me

I still cannot fathom why either of us would do such a thing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Omobono posted:

I had heard about the "killer rabbit" leveling exploit without much details. I kinda assumed it was a straight up reference from that.

Also how did he avoid cyber rage zombification? He looks accessible during route C.

He stood so still that the rage virus also thought he was just a statue :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

END ME SCOOB posted:

As far as I can tell, there is also one lingering effect from this fight*, in that Emil no longer adds his chipper signoffs and conversation to any visits to his store. He's just silent when dealing with you.

Doing this boss was where I gave up on 100% on my first run because that was a punch in the gut. I just beelined for the end.

* Unless it was a bug or a looooong string of coincidence.

:saddowns: Oh no

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've never actually played the DLC so I'm real excited to see what's next :yokotaro:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ajkalan posted:

I always found the surprise cannibalism scene followed by Citan's navel gazing of "To end a person's life, and then consume their flesh. Is that...permissible?" to be crazier than the chuchu crucifixion, but this was definitely one of the sillier moments in any game.

The constantly ducking out of the party whenever he needs to do some actual work made him enough of a prick, but him letting them eat the people without saying anything was genuinely what the gently caress man

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In the log at the beginning, it says

"Reboot: 132 times
Error Log: Deleted"

And while that could just be an innocent number of how many time the machine comes on, the :yokotaro: in me makes me think it means this is the 133rd time the stubby's been force patched to remove their emotions :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The YoRHa chip to show sounds shows the soundtrack too, so maybe there really is just music piping in from everywhere :tinfoil:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm pretty sure Taro didn't show up as a boss because his final game will require the player to kill him in real life to get the platinum trophy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The fact that you need 95% to complete the subquest, but only 80% to get the achievement, and also only 80% subquests to get the other achievement is just next level trolling :allears: there's literally NO reason do ever do this quest unless you're specifically The Dark Id doing a Nier Automata LP.

Seriously Id, I'm not convinced this entire sidequest isn't specifically an attack on you from the Dark Lord himself.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I heard if you use strength on the truck a hundred times, Caim comes out from under the truck and kills you instantly

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:yokotaro: IT'S HAPPENING IT'S HAPPENING :yokotaro:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Anyone who has all the cheevos and didn't delete their save file is a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Honestly I liked him better after he went banana sandwiches. We all have a little Caim in us :unsmith:

• Locked thread