Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I still can't believe Yoko Taro's luck that a perfect storm of events happened and culminated in this masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

pulsor93 posted:

So, any chance that Kira herself might show up on this thread?

That'd depend on if she has an account :v:. She and another VA from this game did an AMA on r/nier a while back and they stream the game fairly often too, so it's not like they're not active in the community.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think Square wanted Platinum to do a game, and Platinum were massive fans of NieR and someone at P* already planned out how they'd do a theoretical NieR sequel.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

MythosDragon posted:

Man all these metal gears jokes I dont get. Does the series actually have gundams or what and if so why have I never seen an image of them yet know most of the rest of the series? I cant play them myself due to absolutely despising the gameplay, its like an entire gameplay system based off that one ff7 mini game in the shinra tower that always took me 20 minutes as a kid.

I don't feel like digging up the original two metal gear models from the MSX games, so here are the big ones from the Solid games.

This is Metal Gear REX, from MGS1 as it appears in MGS4:

This is the anti-REX, RAY, from MGS2 and also as it appears in MGS4:

This is Metal Gear ZEKE, from Peace Walker, the Metal Gear you get to procure parts for:

And here is Metal Gear Sahelanthropus, from MGSV:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Edit: -snip-

Right, I'm not 100% sure if it's ok to post about side materials from the original NieR here so I'm going to err on the side of caution.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 3, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The idea with Project Gestalt was to have the Replicant bodies clean the world of Maso and get the stuff punted over to the Drakengard universe since that stuff's bad news for Gestalts and organic humans. Somewhere along the way, Replicants became more than just mindless bodies and started developing societies and cultures, leading into the events of the original NieR.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Steam experts, when do you next think the game will be on sale? Do they usually do an Easter sale or anything? (Can't remember if there's already been a Spring sale)

The LP keeps really making me want to play it. And the thread has reassured me on the bullet hell stuff. And I can hold my graphics card together with a zip tie. But drat it, I'm still a big ol' tightpurse!

I doubt it'll go on sale again til closer to the end of the year, the game's barely a month out.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Sindai posted:

The game doesn't have much in the way of graphics options for improving performance on older hardware. The minimum requirement is actually a 770 which is what I have and in big fights I was basically playing in Bayonetta witch time 100% of the time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention earlier but until this LP I didn't realize the weird grenade launch attack I got sometimes was from hitting pod shoot during a dodge. I also didn't realize it was literally 2B grabbing the pod and using it as a grenade launcher. Nice touch.

Have you heard of the FAR mod? It can significantly improve performance on weaker cards by lowering global illumination quality, which doesn't have a super noticeable effect, and also fixes the game's weird scaling issues. I'm running a GTX 760 and the game felt much better when I cranked the GI down.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Clever Spambot posted:

Wait is this real and not some sort of horrible prank?

Not looking for anyone to drop spoilers or anything but is it easy to find once you have upgraded all the weapons? I'm really close to having done all that anyway so im just curious if its worth going back and doing.

Just go do it, I don't think it should be too hard to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You mean that high stakes games of Project Diva over the skies of Tokyo aren't considered normal???

• Locked thread