Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Well, would you look at that! Guess you had one last wild ride left in you. I have a good feeling about what Yoko Taro has in store for you, and what you have in store for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Drakenier sounds like an anime with a big honking robot and a protagonist who screams a lot.

I wonder what other weird bullshit 2B's going to do in the other gag endings, and how much of it 9S will witness.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Given that Drakengard 3 basically established that the multi-verse is a thing, I'm okay with both Papa Nier and Brother Nier being canon.
For a time, I thought the two Niers were father and son and the version of the game chosen decided if Nier Sr. or Nier Jr. would survive to take care of Yonah. However, Papa Nier's backstory puts a pretty big kibosh on that theory.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I recently caught up with the thread and was all set to make a joke about Pascal laying down the law, but then the mass child suicide happened. Should have figured. :smith:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So what else does 9S have to lose? There's his home, his partner, his surrogate mother, his sanity...

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, so that's what else he had to lose.

His partner.

Again.

A dozen times over.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

It can't get any worse.
I’m sure the machine network has some plan to make 9S relive the worst moments of his life for eternity.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I find something darkly humorous in the Red Girls having a moment of introspection, finding out they disagree on something, and destroying each other because A2 wasn't distracting them by futilely swiping at their projections.

As for the most recent update, I noticed that A2 fought a machine named after Confucius, who advocated fixed social structures and self-discipline, while 9S's opponent was named after Laozi, who encouraged a more flexible way of life. Appropriate, since A2's been freewheeling for years. Not sure how 9S would be opposed to Laozi's teachings, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Fun fact: while I was watching that ending on Youtube, my computer suddenly froze up and shut down. That only happens once in a blue moon. I think Yoko Taro's out to get me in particular. :tinfoil:

But yeah, I wasn't expecting something so sincerely bright from a game like this. It felt really good to see these strangers swoop in to carry the day, and I actually felt really terrible whenever one of them got taken out, though apparently their data doesn't get deleted after all. That's another good playthrough from TDI that I'm happy I read through to the end.

• Locked thread