Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, that went about as well as I'd expect from a Yoko Taro joint.

And now I want to see how Yoko Taro would handle a Monty Python sketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, the final boss for this run is Totally Not GLADOS. Sure, why not?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

9S gets a 10 for dramatic entrance, but loses 8 points for failing to stick the landing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

That was a surprisingly positive for a Yoko Taro game. 9S becomes Big O, and everyone's relatively happy.

It's all of Yoko Taro's usual flavor of madness from here on out, isn't it? :ohdear:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

9S may be a total dork, but I can respect a guy who is not afraid to fist-bump his pod companion.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HiKaizer posted:

Watch as it's a mobile game.
Counterpoint: It will be a dancing rhythm game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

McDragon posted:

I was going to say a Nier world in Kingdom Hearts but no. Just let Taro Yoko design one. :kheldragar:
gently caress it, have Caim and Angelus be a bonus boss fight that can TPK from minute one unless you know precisely how to dodge their attacks. Which requires carefully listening to the boss fight music because the dodge times are synced up to sections of the song's melody.

Jokes aside, Keichi Okabe and Yoko Shimomura working as a tag-team on the soundtrack would be absolutely glorious.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Also keep in mind Darth Taro's happy ending comment was postfixed by "well I think it's happy anyway"

:stonklol:
Yeah, that's what gets me concerned. What Yoko Taro thinks of as a "happy ending" is almost guaranteed to not be the same as what the average person thinks a happy ending means.

Unless the happy ending involves A2 crossing time and space to shank Nowe over and over again, then I might reconsider my position on that comment.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Welp, I am prepared for the newest volume in "The Greatest of Feasts" saga. Bring on the rampant carnage!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kavak posted:

I thought 9S and 2B were going to get stranded or something and then the game would "No John YOU are the demons" us and reveal the logic virus makes everyone uninfected look infected.

Instead we brought a dormant version of it back with us or it snuck in through their data streams somehow. But why isn't the Commander infected? Is the virus designed to only affect YoRHa?
The Commander is not infected currently because the game wants to give us a false sense of hope before dropping a bullshit boss fight on us in the form of the Commander going insane and attacking 2B and 9S. For an added bonus, 6O and 21O are going to tag into the fight on the Commander's side because :yokotaro:.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, that escalated quickly. That's one way to say "welcome to Route C, motherfuckers!", but this is Yoko Taro we're talking about here, subtle introductions are not his strong suit.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I forget which thread was talking about it, but Emil will occasionally photo/song bomb dramatic in-game rendered cutscenes/dialogues, depending on what sidequests you do and where he's spawned at the time. you'll have people in a dramatic, emotional moment and then "eveRY DAY IS GREAT WHEN YOU'RE ME" dopplers in out of nowhere

it greatly improves them when it happens
This, however, is a wonderful palate cleanser for everything that just went down. :unsmith:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have not played this game yet. However, I wish to find the people who designed this boss fight and ask them "Exactly how many drugs did you folks take before designing and then approving this boss fight? And where can I get them?". Because Hegel just looks absolutely not fun to fight against on any difficulty, and especially on higher difficulties where enemies can OHKO you if the player coughs at the wrong moment.

On the other hand, A2's child murder streak continues, so at least that side of Yoko Taro is chugging along nicely.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, at least Pascal got to do a very cool thing before Yoko Taro drove on by and ruined everythingrestored things to normal. On the flip side, we didn't have to put Pascal out of his misery via a boss fight. So...call it even, kinda?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Missile sounds like a good idea with a less-than-stellar execution. Especially with the "if you so much as fart on an eighth of a pixel of geometry, you're stopping dead in your tracks" caveat that tends to hurt moves like this. Seriously, that problem can be extremely annoying to deal with, especially in a game with slipshod programming (e.g., Sonic 06 and those really bad speed sections). At least Missile has some utility for those that want to use it, unlike Decoy which seems to have almost no value outside of completion percentage padding.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Skylight posted:

And then every moose in the area charged the Pod thanks to this grievous insult.
I'm honestly amazed we haven't been able to weaponize boar/moose drifting yet in this franchise.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Omobono posted:

This is a friendly reminder that our boy 9S has been hitting a new and different rock bottom every update for like twenty updates.
They say that life finds a way, but life is just a talented amateur compared to Yoko Taro.
And judging by the end of the update, 9S is about to hit a new literal rock bottom. Again.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Seriously, out of all the poo poo that happens to any KH character :stare:
About the only thing that hasn't happened to Aqua so far is grievous bodily harm/serious injury to her person. Which now that Disney has Marvel content, I fully expect Aqua to get either the Misty Knight treatment (both arms severed, replaced with vibranium prosthetics) or the Jubilee treatment (loses her powers due to an event/retcon, gets partially turned into a vampire via being in the blast radius of a vampirism bomb and then fully becomes a vampire later on) to further her suffering.

Or she gets a story path in KH3, but most of the time she has stop Frank Castle from murdering every villain they come across and only succeeds 33% of the time.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yoko Taro's Wild Ride never fails to satisfy in weird ways. I'm honestly surprised he only stopped at the CEOs of Square-Enix and Platinum. He could have gone even further and involved the CEOs of the respective game platforms on this, or even other tech giants. Like, imagine a Birth of a Wish remix adapted to fit Steve Ballmer, for instance.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Goddamn, Yoko Taro. Just, goddamn. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i recommend that people who haven't played this game try to guess what the next bit is
The exposition chair from Xenogears makes a triumphant return, except Yoko Taro's the one sitting in it.

• Locked thread