Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Licorice
Dec 18, 2013

drr drr drr...

sniper4625 posted:

The original LP is a large part of the reason I picked this one up Day 1. Thanks for that, and looking forward to this.

Same. The Drakengard and NieR LPs made me fall in love with moon-masked madman Taro's complex, bittersweet universe, connecting in a way I'd never have through straight video LPs or simple summaries.

I am incredibly pumped to read this LP, and super, super glad to be here for its beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Licorice
Dec 18, 2013

drr drr drr...

HenryEx posted:

Oh by the way, if anyone's ever wondered why 2B sounds kinda familiar to them, you might have been a retsupurae fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNREEEx6ZQ

... holy crap, you're blowing my mind. I thought it was cool when Dan McNeely Edwyn Tiong got a role in Freedom Planet, but this is a different level. She's also pretty amazing, especially the more emotional moments.

The Dark Id posted:

Any posts of Yoko Taro being an amazing weirdo is approved for this thread.

In that case, here's YT discussing his concerns of Atlus doing a new fantasy RPG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LT62mVaIpA

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Yeah, this is a pretty common quirk with Platinum's games; they tend to explain only the most surface level aspects of their combat systems and leave the players to figure out the rest.

I didn't find out about the long jump until the very end of my run, trying to get to a chest that I couldn't reach no matter what I tried. Had to look it up online, then felt like an idiot for never trying that.

It took me like sixty hours of play to realize that briefly pausing after the first press of the attack button would change the combo you were about to begin. I'd been confusing it with neutral/moving stances. (I've also never played a Platinum game before this one, so that might be a well-known mechanic by now...)

Lord Licorice
Dec 18, 2013

drr drr drr...

Dabir posted:

I'm testing things right now and jump+light does not do an ascending attack, only jump+heavy.

Which weapons are you testing? I'm positive heavy sword does a spiraling jump attack with jump+light.

Lord Licorice
Dec 18, 2013

drr drr drr...

Dabir posted:

All except bracers which I'm pretty sure I remember generally how they work and you're definitely describing large sword's jump+heavy. I noticed its quite frankly weird response to jump+light very clearly.

Oh! I figured out what I was misremembering. Explaining myself would be a spoiler, but you're right.

Lord Licorice
Dec 18, 2013

drr drr drr...

Obnoxipus posted:

I never even realized you could shoot those birds. You monster.

Huh, me neither. There's a couple incidental environmental hawks gliding lazily around that I've tried to hit, but it never seemed to work.

HenryEx posted:

Also, pre-emptively: please don't hint or nudge at the wording TDI chose in this update. You know what i mean.

Ha, I noticed it too. Not saying a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Licorice
Dec 18, 2013

drr drr drr...
I've been waiting so eagerly for this particular update.

Pigbuster posted:

The robot above the R on the left that does goofy little hops is my favorite.

I love this little dude so much. :allears:

• Locked thread