Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Lord_Magmar posted:

So this particular Colisseum, I personally found that their line about Melee Weapon to be a lie, as the best unit when I went through it was the Small Biped with 2 axes. Some of it's attacks just shred everything else.

Dear God this. I did the max lvl ones just spamming spin to win.

Fun fact, you can equip the chip that makes you lvl up a robot you take over for these fights. If I remember correctly they just lvl up the badguys too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Priestly posted:

Don't know if this was brought up earlier, but...

http://yorha.com

Apparently they're doing a new run of the YoRHa stage play, this time featuring 2B's voice actress Yui Ishikawa as Number Two. Emi Evans and Marina Kawano (who sang the Japanese ending theme for Automata) are listed as singers. They're also going to run a brand new play about the first male YoRHa models, with "Number Nine" as the main character. Might not be super relevant to the thread, but I thought it was neat.

I would say this is super relevant and drat them for not having a lovely American tour.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I would say the story feels like something a TOTALLY wasted Yoko taro might write.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I beat the rabbit in the 60s with a2 in constant berserk mode. It was not pleasant and involved like 20 large heals and anlit of smaller ones to top off between the damage to hp chips refilling her bar. Don't do this, it was stupid of me.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's actually not quite right. Someone on the production team clearly figured out how stupid Motoko's thong was, because they just quietly added a pair of jeans to her standard outfit after about the half-way mark of the first season.

God that outfit was dumb as hell.

I always assumed someone in HR yelled at her about it.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Holy gently caress yes.

You. MADE. A. THING.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I'll suffer a shittty gatcha for Yoko Taro. Hell I voluntary play fatego

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Dragomorph posted:

Yes for both. Terra Battle's been out for a while, actually. Terra Battle 2 has also been out for a while.

Don't get Terra Battle 2.

Legendary Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi and his studio Mistwalker Corporation are continuing to work on his successful JRPG Terra Battle, and just celebrated 2.7 million downloads worldwide.

To celebrate in style, Sakaguchi-san announced that Terra Battle will get a new world and questline by an exceptional team. NieR: Automata Director Yoko Taro will do the writing, the game’s composer Keiichi Okabe will create the soundtrack, and The Last Story Character Designer Kimihiko Fujisaka will handle the character design.

https://www.dualshockers.com/terra-battle-hironobu-sakaguchi-yoko-taro-new-story/

I think you undersold this.

Edit, I have no idea how to get to the event itself.

YOTC fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 26, 2018

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Dragomorph posted:

I generally try not to OVERSELL gacha games as a whole because, well, gacha games. But yeah. It's in some ways better than other gacha games, some ways exactly the same even with the pedigrees.

The event should be under "Challenges" under the Arena button and is just called Arachnobot's Tale. You might have to go through tutorial stuff a bit first.

Yeah, the first part of the event is lvl 25 so to see it at this point you'd have to grind like a madman over the next 33 days before the event goes away. Though they have some new player 'here have a good healer so you dont die every match' bonus going on.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Just imagine if they let Yoko taro take hold of a section of kh story.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Billzasilver posted:

This is a pretty good weapon story

Man, imagine any drakennier keyblade.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Half of the world would be Sora/Donald/Goofey reaction shots as blood splattering sounds happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
This loving game knocked me on my rear end and I laid on the floor crying for like an hour after beating it.

Thank you Id.

Thank you Yoko Taro.

Thank you everyone at platnium.

And thank the crazy exec at square that was like, 'gently caress it, give yoko one more shot, hes a good drinking buddy.'

YOTC fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 9, 2018

• Locked thread