Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

beep-beep car is go posted:

Y'all haven't lived until you've had a Macoun during it's peak season, freshly picked from a tree. Or a Northern Spy, cut up with a little salt with your morning oatmeal. Don't bother with Empire apples, they get mealy hours after being picked. Any hybrid of a "red delicious" (a lie if there ever was one) is not worth your time. Arkansas Blacks are neat from a historical perspective, but they're more of a pie and/or storage apple. Some people swear by Baldwins, but I don't like them. Early in the season you can't go wrong with a good Cortland. If you can find them on the tree, Crispin/Mutsu's are fine, but I wouldn't bother if you see them in the store. If you like the Honeycrisp (honestly they have a bit of a kerosene undertaste that I don't like) try a Jonagold.

gently caress, I love apples.

Braeburns are my personal jam. Good sweet/tart balance, nice crisp bite, hold up well when cooked, and the keep forever in a cool cellar.

Rhyno posted:

Wheat wrap, lettuce, tomato, chicken (had to use lunch meat because reasons), cheese, onions, potatoes and some caesar dressing.

I do something similar. Marinate some chicken breasts or thighs in buttermilk overnight, drain and dry the excess off (optinal). Hit 'em with garlic salt, celery seed, and cracked pepper and dredge in Frank's Gold, then grill or bake.

Wheat wrap, lettuce, onion, diced chicken, little crumbled bleu cheese or light bleu cheese dressing, little shot of Frank's. Makes a good wrap and scratches my hot wing itch without a million calories of breading.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

KakerMix posted:

The swift destruction of the transportation industry's employees is going to be harsh if it plays out like we all fear it will.

I don't fear poo poo.

The Luddite and NIMBY crowd are going to get automated vehicles that don't run on rails banned before they ever see widespread use in shipping. First time some automated freight hauler turns the idiot who brake-checked it into a corpse it'll be the end of them.

If you think there's any chance of that not happening, go talk to a few truckers or hit up youtube for some sweet dash cam footage of how idiots drive around rigs. It'd be cheaper, from a liability standpoint alone, to completely rebuild the national rail networks than win that legal fight.

ilkhan posted:

The solution is definitely to double the cost of each burger flipper. That'll fix it!

Looking at you $15/hr minimum wage.

Gonna say the same thing that I always do : Labor is not free. It costs a amount of money (the living wage) to sustain a worker and allow them to provide the labor. If you can't afford the labor, then your business is unsustainable and you need to GTFO the market.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 7, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

What you're seeing here more and more now is the point-of-sales staff in McDonalds and the like being thinned out in favour of automatic self-service ordering touchscreens, so where you had, say, 4 till servers, they now have one till server and 1 "handover" person at the collection point. People do come out with some poo poo relating to minimum wage etc, but the argument that a large increase in it only benefits those employees who are still left has a certain amount of truth to it.

Then you have things like zero-hour and part-time contracts and a dozen different ways to sidestep paying people certain benefits etc, and while the basic idea is a noble one - to have people in any job earning an actual living worthy of the term - there's going to be an awful lot of chasing down unintended loopholes etc that float to the surface as businesses try to optimise to suit whatever the rules are.

Plus you have the USA's inane thing with paying people in service sectors poo poo and expecting their income to be made up by tips, which is an absurd way of doing things, but seems quite well dug-in at this point.

The only bit that bugs me with minimum wage stuff is politicians acting smug about "doing" something. No, you told businesses to pay people more money, and then you get to take a slice of the increase in tax revenue. You've "done" sweet gently caress all yourself.

Bathroom chat: Can someone explain those "engineered beams" to me? It honestly looks like a wood RSJ made out of a sheet of OSB and some timber. I don't think I've ever seen that in a UK house.

I've actually been seeing a sharp decrease in self-serve checkouts here. Small city, so the crowds here aren't usually huge, but people hate the self checkouts and most places decided it was cheaper to keep someone running a register than to have to keep maintaining the fragile things and hurting customer goodwill at the same time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Powershift posted:

"let me pay full time employees half of what they need to survive or i'll fire everybody" is a really lovely form of blackmail.

That's basically what they've used to keep wages stagnant.

It's Walmart's whole business model in places like California with high costs of living.

"Let us put our staff on public assistance or we'll close all our stores."

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Oh yeah Mass Transit will hopefully get huge because of automation but I was speaking primarily about individual automobiles and the car culture that Americans have and perpetuate since so many Americans buy into the "you aren't a real man until you have a car" etc

Not to mention the continued existence of the 75% of the country that isn't densely built up urban areas. :v:

Powershift posted:

Kodak and Polaroid couldn't be assed to put effort into digital cameras

It's happening quickly and smoothly right before your eyes. look at uber and lyft.

Stage 1: you own your car because that's what amurica is
Stage 2: It's cheaper to use uber for the 30 times a month you need a ride than it is to own/maintain a car
Stage 3: uberpool lets me share the cost of getting a ride in somebody else's car
Stage 4: uberpool picks me and some other people up in a company owned automated shuttle

Yeah, you'll still have dinkus in his miata splitting lanes, but he'll pay out the rear end for the right to do so, and any failure to do so perfectly on his part will lose him that right. "but i have to get to work" is used by drunk drivers everywhere to keep their license after their third DUI, when there's a cheap alternative, that excuse is gone, and the "need" to be allowed to turn your own steering wheel and punch your own pedals is gone.

Uber doesn't mean poo poo. They are only 'cheaper' than owning your own car because they are dodging taxi regulations, putting the entire cost of their fleet and maintenance on the drivers, and forcing down ride prices with investor funding.

They aren't a solution for poo poo except the SCOTUS case that'll be along in a couple years to more firmly define the difference between employees and contractors.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Powershift posted:

Uber is operating a loss to create a monopoly they're expecting to exploit with automation.

They are exploiting their workforce with the expectation they'll be replaced before the money dries up. Their current lovely actions are barely relevant to the expectations set out by their business model.

Automated private mass transit is the solution to the "75% of the country that isn't densely built up urban areas" It isn't affordable to have 30 passenger busses going to bus stops, but a 10 passenger vehicle costing you 10 minutes to stop at yours and a few other people's front doors would be once that vehicle is automated, communal and electric.

A lot of people here seem to defend their steering wheel emotionally, and that makes them blind to the requirements of the larger percentage of the population forced nearly against their will to hold a steering wheel by a country built around a car.

Your '10 passenger vehicles' are assuming a density equivalent to suburbs.

Think the 1950's bus system instead, where we're talking a few miles walking to the stop to get sufficient density to be worth a drive.

The country west of the Mississippi, with the exception of the Pacific coast, is really, really loving empty.

This is the most recent copy they've got on census.gov :

Note the huge swaths of the country with a population density less than 100 people per square mile, and less than 20 people per square mile in most of the West.

That 'costing you 10 minutes to stop at yours and a few other people's front doors' is more like 'costing you a few hours' when those doors are a couple miles apart, and the town you're trying to get to is a few miles the other direction from your neighbor's place.

Not to mention the question of how you haul anything bigger than a couple day's shopping back on that 10 person bus. Or who's paying for the bus, since the property taxes of a few hundred people served by that small town but mostly outside of its statutory borders aren't going to pay for a lot.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Ah, this may be where there's a slight misunderstanding. Minicab isn't "normal car" versus "black cab" taxi, it's a licensing difference. A minicab is "private hire", you cannot hail them on the street, you have to book them (this can just mean yelling "OI MATE I NEED TO GET TO THE STATION" through the open door of their office), while a "hackney carriage" can pickup fares at will. Although the traditional black cab is often used because it's been very specifically optimised for the purpose - and thus is generally the best choice - you don't have to use one.

I loved the 125bhp Fiesta Ecoboost I had recently - again, no cruise control, bit of a silly omission in my opinion. Not sure about a lower powered Focus, but the engine itself is impressive.

Yeah, that's most of the US. Outside of the dense city centers, you call a cab company and they dispatch, they rarely if ever take hails on the street (because that's a great way to get carjacked).

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

Watch Humans Need Not Apply, a lot of this automation discussion is fleshed out fairly well for a 15 minute explanation aimed at the average reddit user

The simple fact of the matter is this: Robots don't need to be perfect, they just need to be better than a human. Most individuals won't like it, but that's not an especially large threshold, considering how fallible we are. Look at the number accidents due to inattentiveness or intoxication, every insurance company is going to want automated cars, since they're going to cost less in insurance payouts. Every single business will lose people to automation, but transportation will put up the biggest, most visible fight against the automation. Fight as much as they want to, a truck driver just cannot compete with a robotic truck that would use less fuel, can't be distracted, doesn't need to eat, doesn't need sleep, doesn't need benefits of any kind, and costs less to insure.

What's even better for businesses about automation that no one really acknowledges is that machines can learn collectively. As soon as one machine has an "experience", any other machine connected can share that same experience and do the job without having to have ever performed it before. Working knowledge of a trade that would take years for humans to learn and weeks to properly train a replacement could be done in less than an hour when installing a network of automated workers.

Long term, there's not enough public outcry in the world that will make human workers more attractive to business than a machine, except for niche applications

Yes, I'm sure insurance companies will be all for it, just as soon as a automated vehicle can reliably do all of those things in real world conditions. Just like the transportation companies will be all for it just as soon as the price of something that capable is within their reach, as opposed to a human that you only have to pay when they're doing work. Also making an even more massive capital investment up front and eating depreciation and maintenance on trucks that are now vastly more complicated and must be maintained in better condition. Oh, and they're ready to shoulder the higher insurance costs as well, given that the insurers are being asked to cover vastly more expensive trucks.

Of course, I'm just pulling numbers out of my rear end here, same as you are, because the technology flatly does not exist yet.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

funny Star Wars parody posted:

the tech will be around in the next 15 years, the cost will go down 15 years after that, and they'll finally give automated traffic their own lane five or ten years after that

Seems a bit more reasonable. Watching that video's hilarious. It's like reading Yud's bullshit about how general-purpose AI that's capable of functioning on a human level is 'just around the corner'. Trying to extrapolate general-purpose robots or general-purpose AI off of the speed with which general purpose computing expanded is laughable.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

This I agree with. But the solution to "poo poo, labor is expensive, lets automate everything" is not "lets make labor more expensive!" There are good reasons to increase the minimum wage. A counter to automation it is not. Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be for high schoolers, they're not for the single mom to live off of, even in triplicate.

Making labor more expensive is not a response to automation, it's a response to the minimum wage not keeping par with cost of living or inflation.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Jesus, I missed that bit.

Yeah, let me quote from the man himself, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, back in the 1930's when the minimum wage was first implemented.

"It seems to me to be equally plain that no business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country. By "business" I mean the whole of commerce as well as the whole of industry; by workers I mean all workers, the white collar class as well as the men in overalls; and by living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level-I mean the wages of decent living. "(1933, Statement on National Industrial Recovery Act)

“Do not let any calamity-howling executive with an income of $1,000 a day, who has been turning his employees over to the Government relief rolls in order to preserve his company’s undistributed reserves, tell you – using his stockholders’ money to pay the postage for his personal opinions — tell you that a wage of $11.00 a week is going to have a disastrous effect on all American industry.” (1938, Fireside Chat, the night before signing the Fair Labor Standards Act that instituted the federal minimum wage)

Anyone who tries to tell you the minimum wage is about 'Highschoolers' badly needs some remedial history instruction.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

So split the min wage into heads of household and no depends, or something. If you are trying to support a family on minimum wage you are doing life wrong.

If you can't run a business while being required to pay a living wage, you are doing business wrong, and are a negative on the economy as a whole by removing your workers from the customer pool for other businesses due to keeping them in abject poverty.

40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year at the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour is $15,080 before any taxes or pre-tax deductions for healthcare.

The federal poverty line is $12060 for a single person without any dependents. Conveniently, the most common figure for public assistance programs seems to be 125% of the federal poverty line, which is.... $15075. That is, however, below the threshold for Medicare, which is at 138% of the poverty line, and SNAP, which is 130% of the poverty line gross.

So assuming our theoretical employee has no dependents, pays no taxes, and somehow avoids the legal requirement to carry health insurance while also never missing an hour of work all year, they are on paper not in poverty!

Hilariously, the federal government has a separate minimum wage for contractors on any federal project. It's $10.20 per hour, and $6.80 plus tips for tipped positions.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I love that thing, because either :

A. The person they're calculating for averaged $11.88 per hour net across both jobs

or

B. Assuming minimum wage with 15% off the top for taxes, the person worked 77 hours a week.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

Nope. I only have 1 AI poster on ignore, iirc, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on him. Unlike democrats, I don't try to shut down people I disagree with via name calling and hate filled protests.

This I agree with. Any person working full time should make enough to pay their own way. The problem isn't minimum wage, however. Its making each job valuable enough to the company, and enough of jobs needing to be filled, that workers are valuable enough to pay that way.

You simply don't appear to have any concept of how much leverage companies have over employees, then.

End of the day, someone's got to shovel poo poo, sweep floors, flip burgers, and clean bathrooms for those businesses to exist. At present, the lack of a sufficient control on minimum wages means that companies can leverage their economic power and greater knowledge of the true value of that work to their business to get employees to do it for vastly less than the value they generate. The margin being generated there goes directly into the pockets of C-level employees and shareholders, for the most part.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

If it was that successful they'd be adding dozens of stores, not one.

Bullshit. McDonald's, like Dunkin Doughnuts, Starbucks, and Subway, is a concept that works entirely because it is everywhere. That's their entire marketing strategy, being universal and habitual for consumers, and leveraging the power of a universal logistical chain on the back side.

If you're not going that route, slower expansion is better, because it lets you keep your branding and quality control high. C'mon, man, this is the basics of franchising.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Maksimus54 posted:

They are a family owned and run business, not a franchise.

a Dick's Deluxe is $3.10. Two patties, cheese, lettuce, mayo and relish. A cheeseburger is just $1.75. A burger $1.40. Shakes are $2.50.

drat, those are good prices. I'm going to have to remember that place next time I get up to Seattle. I'm a sucker for a good cheeseburger.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Wrestling Icon Rick Flair was in town for an event tonight and he was just ejected from a local outdoor bar for being a drunken rear end in a top hat and slapping girl's asses.

Sounds like a nigh-terminal case of being Rick Flair.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I'll give this a whirl tonight, thanks dude. The app has me doing all kinds of specialized body variations and I'm like "do I really need to do calf and shoulder shrugs?"

Starting Strength is a pretty decent program to look at as well. It's all big compound lifts, 5x5, with continual progression. It's built to lit 3 days a week and do your cardio after or on down days, though.

Squat/bench/dead one day, squat/military press/dead the other to start, swapping one deadlift day for power cleans once the deads get too heavy to do every time.

My numbers are way lower than before I had abdominal surgery last year, but the progression is motivating.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Locator posted:

Jebus, those insurance premiums and deductibles. Everyone in my company bitches about the current health plan, because the premiums keep going up, and so do the deductibles max OOP, but after seeing the stuff in the last page or two, I think I'm pretty happy with it.

$70/month premium, $800 deductible and approx $2000 max OOP (I forget the exact number, but it's near there). Standard doctor co-pay is $25 and specialist are $40. That's where the biggest percentage increases have happened, just 4 years ago it was $10/$20 for PCP/Specialist.

As of this month, I'm paying $415 as a single guy in my mid-30's who doesn't smoke (but is billed as a smoker because I didn't get the notarized forms in in time). gently caress this company's insurance offerings forever, I paid over $3k out of pocket last year to have my gallbladder removed. Two more weeks and I don't have to worry about it, new gig is a high deductible plan but zero premiums and a HSA the company kicks into every year.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone :3: Now his scare is over I need to think about myself as before yesterday I didn't know his side of the family all died of heart issues.

The discount scheme sounds like "don't pay the artificially inflated prices that are created for insurance purposes"

Relevant to healthcare chat, the total bill my parents face for ambulance ride, emergency medical scientific goings-on, CICU stay etc is about £20 in assorted parking fees to come visit. Yall should try some of this NHS bullshit, seriously.

All this weight chat makes me want to start lifting. That's good for your heart right?

It is, and it's really satisfying too. I regret living on the third floor a lot though, as a hard squat day means walking all wobbly in the morning.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

CornHolio posted:

Yeah, I had a friend on Facebook literally say that even Hitler didn't use gas.

A direct quote, "Even the nazis chose not to use gas, despite its effectiveness."

I mean, I I'm pretty sure they didn't use it against active combatants, but they sure as hell used it against POWs and everybody else they wants to exterminate. They sure as hell did use gas.

The Nazis did use gas weapons, just on a limited scale. Hitler was afraid that if they used wide-scale chemical weapons, the Allies (who had much larger stockpiles) would return in kind.

Rhyno posted:

So uh. tell me about Charlotte NC.

As long as you're straight, white, Republican, and Christian you'll probably be fine. Just be aware that this state is full-on THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN STATES' RIGHTS retarded politically, to the extent that they just proposed a new anti same-sex marriage bill that insists the SCOTUS has no jurisdiction over marriage.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 12, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

For North Carolina as a whole, I'd say you're correct. However, Charlotte proper is rather progressive. There's definitely some influence from what you describe, but there's also a bunch of very smart and very good people I still keep up with that live there. The southside of Charlotte is like any upper-middle-class suburb of a major city. Plenty of progressive folk!

Rhyno, don't expect to be able to get from Lake Wylie to downtown in 25 minutes. During rush hour it's more like 1.5 hours. Enjoy Carowinds!

Yeah, but remember, as part of killing HB2 they banned localities from making any anti-discrimination measures until 2020 and gave the Legislature direct control over all matters relating to public bathrooms. Charlotte's going to have to put up with the state breathing down their neck constantly, looking for excuses to crush anything progressive.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

I went up to the UP once and it was gorgeous.

The UP is my jam. Absolutely beautiful. We're waiting for my niece to be old enough to stay with the grandparents for a week or come along again and planning a full week Boundary Waters trip in northern MN as well.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Enourmo posted:

I'm looking to get more utility than the Protege, the AI options can wait til I'm graduated and have a job

Isn't Adiabatic trying to curse someone else with the Gorester? :getin:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

My parents had me on Ritalin for 15 years, I weaned myself off it, now I use caffiene and sugar which is more effective, but now I'm 31 so drinking energy drinks every other day is starting to have health issues.

I did that. Then I hit 30 and got a desk job, and it caught up with me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Midniter posted:

2) Scratch-offs and lotteries are a poor tax, don't waste your money on that crap.

100%, but it's a way to scratch the gambling itch some people have that's relatively safe. Dropping a buck on a scratch off every now and then is a lot easier to not go overboard with than say Texas hold-em.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Geoj posted:

Assuming they don't want me to sign a non-compete (I haven't seen the fine print yet, but if they do I'm walking), yes - just not the kind of situation I'd like to get into.

Check your local laws, but non-competes for low level gigs, especially contract gigs, are generally unenforceable.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Fixed for living in the south. I have no soliciting signs on the mailbox and the ramp to front porch, if they still bug me they're getting yelled off the property. I'm a very chill friendly person but I don't put up with that poo poo. Was 2-3 times a week for a while, the signs slowed it to once a week then taking their picture (personal and plate) and information while pretending to call 911 reduced it to once a month.

If the girlfriend answers and its solicitors she either slams the door in their face or grabs the shotgun.

I had a roomie in college who was a huge goth, and took great pleasure answering the door to solicitors in black robes with a giant novelty knife with fake bloodstains on it. It was hilarious at the time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

KakerMix posted:

Gosh I just want every one

$5600 bucks is just too much after that Hijet otherwise I'd totally get this one too.

I am probably legitimately bigger than that car but it is adorable.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm so sorry. These things are the loving devil.

And my wife thought it was bad that one of the cats found and killed a mouse last night. No droppings or anything that we've found anywhere. I just came home to a cat making drat sure it's dead.

I want to say that when my Ranger did this, it was the water pump. Which was a loving pain thanks to the PO doing it previously and gluing it together with RTV instead of using the Orings dry as intended.

Push pins are the standard way for any stock style heat sink. If the new one wants to screw in, it should come with a backing plate that installs behind the motherboard and protrudes through those same holes. Unless the case is relatively modern and decent, you'll have to pull the motherboard to install that.

This makes no sense. Is it maybe booting off an old junked up install of Windows on one of the old drives instead of the one you were using?

It absolutely makes sense. One of those 4 drives is likely starting to die, and the read errors or delays are causing system lag. Remove them all, then boot with one connected at a time to determine the failure.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Fuckin jesus fuckin christ this is hellweek, boys

GET SOME

You okay boss?

Grats, Darchangel! I start my new life as an employee rather than contractor on the 1st, so apparently it's job changes all around.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

Understandably it pissed some people off but if you're happy to stand in an assembly line doing exactly the same job for 25 years I kind of agree with capping your pay.

Why? Did inflation stop?

Should they be losing money year on year to make you feel better about getting hosed over compared to the real starting wages when they started?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Same for the service industry. Average wage for fast food minions here is about a buck above when I started working back in 1996.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

When I left my last food service job, I was making $3/hr less than what I was hired at.

Yeah, my last cooking gig was $3 higher than what I started at when I was 15. Computer janitor work pays vastly better, and I am much happier.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Fixed this for you. HR is there to protect the company. They also do hiring and pay bullshit but that's secondary.

They are the ultimate lazy and/or bachelor kitchen appliance. The little disposable baggies that you can get make cleanup a 30 second process. Most recent GWS slow cooker thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712282 The original one has been lost sadly, there was some good stuff in there.

A bunch of them got transferred to the GWS wiki at some point : http://goonswithspoons.com/w/index.php?search=slow+cooker&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah something like that sort of maybe sort of happening right now to me as well.

We'll see.

But also holy poo poo there's a lot to do and I have a total of 30 hours of meetings scheduled this week (and 30 more next week) to make sure I get none of it done :haw:

Situation excellent. I am attacking.

I work graves and am staying on that schedule, so I'm doing my last contractor shift 9pm-8am Sunday into Monday, then new employee orientation 8am-??? and back at 9pm for first shift.

My first hours at my new (significantly higher) rate are going to be all OT. :getin:

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_acceptance_movement

I am all for body type acceptance. Everyone should feel comfortable with their body but there are definitely risks when it comes to being overweight.

Oooooh what do you have planned?

I'm all about fat acceptance. I accept that I am fat. :v:

Actually down about 6lb this week. Once you actually start writing down what you eat, it's pretty easy to identify where all the extra calories are coming in.

• Locked thread