Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh thank the Lord, finally had something that a) didnt go straight through me and b) wasnt toast for the first time in six days.

I suspect tonight it might be EAT loving EVERYTHING time. Juuuust starting to feel hungry.......

Edit : Worst. OP. Ever

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

slidebite posted:

Tolerate what? Taking the cats with us for the viewing? That was entirely my decision because I didn't want cat presence in the house for viewings in case they aren't cat people and to be honest houses show way better without pets or signs of them in the home. That said, I will take the big cat tree next time to get it out of the living room but the cats are staying.

LOL cats and clear signs of cats means Im MORE likely to buy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

And yet Australians will tow goats with a Lambo

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

There is a Rick and Morty joke here with the talk of apples

Im going to go take a poo poo

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

Waffles are worth it.

I dont like waffles so... eh. No biggie.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

clam ache posted:

No I feel like rhyno would get more use with that.

Not enough like a floor

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

This is A Good Post

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ferremit posted:

Well our PM is merrily following your Cheeto in Chief in, so we can all get involved in the poo poo storm together.

Goddamn loving moron Turdbull is

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

rdb posted:

Using sarin on kids is not cool, and air strikes are not the same as feet on the ground.

Don't forget: All those dead Syrian kids on TV? They're literally the same people as the refugees your country didnt want. Let alone the thousands of civilians who keep dying from bombs marked "Made in the USA"

The USA has the moral highground for jackshit.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

^^^^ Edit : Respecting Moderator request made as I posted.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

I mean feel free. I dont care as long as you dont personally attack someone.

If it gets too crazy ill just tell you to go to d&d but meh this is the chat thread.

Thank you for the consideration, though.

Believe me, I'd rather be the one working on cars while others jawboned than have another second of the politcial depression session. It's depressing and angering.

The whole world just gone loving insane.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Maybe I'm jaded but I tend to focus heavily on things that I can change, and 99% of the time that's not politics. Seems like it's tabboo to just not care about it, but like whatever man get off my lawn with your dang pamphlets.

I just get mad with all the outright stupidity.

*sigh*

Anyone in my area, feel free to drop in any weekend. I'll be in the garage

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Bathroon renovation thread.....?

Sorry but wut?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I *highly* recommend getting bored with rear end in a top hat and change it to Cumlick

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

No, but I will say that capping how much someone may earn from their own private ventures (so you're not personally paying them and it's not public money) is morally dubious and accelerating rapidly toward simple crab bucketing.

If they want to make a billion bucks by paying wages that no one can live on, then they can go gently caress themselves and much more morally corrupt

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Except I didn't say that.

Except that's exactly what a CEO who wants to make a billion bucks does. There comes a point where it's about greed rather than honest reward - and if the renumeration package is 33 million while the employees cant earn a living wage, then the CEO is a loving rear end in a top hat.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Beyond that, you're doing it because you want to punish people for being rich.

Well given how many of them are pure assholes and they themselves do all they can to gently caress over the poor and the middle class.......

I say tax them. Soiciety worked a hell of a lot better when the rich and corporations paid their taxes.

Powershift posted:

I'm with CAT INTERCEPTOR, let's burn down all the walmarts!

That might help out a lot TBH. How many small businesses and also manufacturers have been severly rear end hosed by Walmart?, let alone their employees?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

So you believe this behavior:

Is only normalised by one political party, the democrats? Nothing recently would indicate to you their opposition does the same?

LOL the Democrats / progressives aint got poo poo on conservatives for hate and name calling. Mostly because for conservatives, that's all they got as their lifeviews have been well and truly debunked by rational arguments.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

slothrop posted:

The world got a little less funny today. We're out of time, Goodnight.

https://youtu.be/8-QNAwUdHUQ

Genuine loss. John Clarke was truly exceptional - Clarke and Dawes is brilliant political satire.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Cardio is better for your heart generally hence the name but to me at least it's less fun. I ride a bike 8 miles every week day and walk at least 2 miles on top of that so that's my cardio.

I prefer cardio over weights (no poo poo if you see my Strava) and leave the weights to being in the garage.

Maybe not much longer, I'm going to start working my FTP upwards and that means more raw power = squats and deadlifts. I want to see if I can hit 300watts for 20 minutes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Geoj posted:

Hey, Hitler was a bad guy but at least he never used air dropped chemical weapons!

Except I believe the Nazis did do that as well, against retreating troops and civilians late in the war. Not well known and I beleive not unique either, I read earlier of an incident where they bombed both sides of a tunnel with gas

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Well that was certainly a teasing trailer for the Last Jedi. The poster tho.... that's amazing as gently caress.

Disney is gonna get more of my money

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Corbyn is going to doom the UK to a decade of Tories singlehanded. Anyone even slightly competent should have May on toast with all the BS.

Otherise I've had so many things gently caress up lately and to top it off tomorrow is an anniversary of something I *really* didnt need reminding of. Axe Murderer is about the best description of how pissed at life I am right now

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

funny Star Wars parody posted:

So GM is putting all of its money into china, Brazil, and the US/Canada? What the gently caress are they thinking? On top of that, this sale seems like a raw deal for them

Opel was losing about 2 Billion a year apparently However wether that was before or the after GM's fees they demand from subsidiaries, I dont know. Holden was said to be losing a lot of money but the truth was they were profitable .... except GM charged them design fees for a platform Holden designed in the first place. It's absurd

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah that was Wrar, not sure if he has done any work on it recently I think he might be busy with life things.

Yep that's his car. Confirmed busy with life and a kid coming in July I think.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Like I expected, I had a really bad emotional day (20th anniverary of a failed marriage as well as a bunch of other poo poo gone wrong). But right now with a cup of tea and the smell of ecalyptst oil from a scent burner I think I am the single most chillaxed human on the planet.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

MrChips posted:

If the Jehovah's show up at your door, turn their weirdass cult practices against them and tell them that you were disfellowshipped from the church years ago.

I did that, and you should have seen the looks on their faces - it was as though I had literally turned into the devil himself before their very eyes.

OMG, that way better than the hail satan method.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Every single one of those vans is horrifying to drive and you dont want to think about safety - either dynamic or crash - if you value yourself in any way. They were at best contemptuous of anyone dumb enough to drive one.

Now we are talking

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

KakerMix posted:

I daily drive a 90 Acty and it owns what are you talking about

If you want to enjoy it, eh. But I aint walking back any part of my statement otherwise, I've driven a few different small Kei style vans / pickups that AI seem to adore and all I can say is that you have to be loving crazy, not a single one has any charm - or anything CLOSE to being anything other than a turd on wheels. Let alone if you get involved in a crash you are about as hosed as if you were hit while riding a bicycle.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So are we really smoking tires today? :stare:

Been huffing Dunlops all day.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Hello from Kaptain Ballistik's wedding. I now have a new 5 year old niece

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

The best part is that you can stop exercising again!

Sex on the floor is better when you arent a fatass tho.

Congratulations Mr Rhyno is a Jerk :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

A new 5 year old niece pretty much enforces me to learn about Shopkins and My Little Pony.

The girls section of a toy store is a rather weird place that until now I knew nothing of

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Cats are your best solution. A few months and it's like what cockroaches?

GOTG 2 -

To be honest, lower your expectations. It's not lightning in the bottle like the first one. It's different as well. Basically, it's a second tier Marvel movie - good to very good, needs a rewatch to really grok it (and probably more enjoyable like Marvel movies tend to be second time around) but it's just not quite first tier like Winter Soldier or GOTG 1.

It doesnt mean you shouldnt see it. You should. Just temper expectations a bit as it just doesnt have for instance that amazing opening like GOTG does.

8/10, deserves your money.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

slothrop posted:

Oh poo poo, didn't realise that was out anytime soon. With any luck it'll run for a week in Katoomba in about 4 months time :rolleyes:

Your in luck, playing at The Edge this week

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

Understandably it pissed some people off but if you're happy to stand in an assembly line doing exactly the same job for 25 years I kind of agree with capping your pay.

I dont. Inflation exists. And if you are loyal for 25 years you drat well deserve pay rises. Come on, that's just plain being an rear end in a top hat to say someone who does a good job for 25 years aint worth paying more.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

blk posted:

New ride

27.5 Niiiiiice

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Well it's official, we're doing a quick courthouse wedding then a small (<25) dinner celebration instead of doing the whole crazy wedding thing. It just kept getting bigger every step of the way. Will save a lot of money and should be a lot less stressful.

One of the smartest ideas I've heard.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Better at having new vulns and 0 days, ya

The worst 0 Day Apple has that it isn't fixing is the obnoxious fanboi-ism that surrounds it.

I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

True, I was talking as a personal choice. Apple is far and above more Enterprise ready with their phones.

LOL WUT iPhones Enterprise ready in any way??? Just no.

• Locked thread