Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
If I was a schoolboy I would 100% sign for Liverpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

E: not mdt

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Arsenal Everton on the final day might end up being a very tasty game.

Edit: lool there's still a NLD to go this season as well

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I don't get this argument. Wenger clearly isn't a good manager right now. He did well to keep Arsenal in the top 4 on a smaller budget, but that was 5+ years ago. And right now the 2 recent FA Cup wins look like outliers on a slow decent towards mediocrity.

He may still be a good manager, given the right situation. However I don't think he's on the same level as Pep, Carlo, Mourinho, or Conte right now where most people would expect success wherever they went.
Arsenal's spending and wage bill tracks with being in the top 4 but not winning the league, so he's doing what you would expect that team to be doing and for the last 10 or 12 years always has been. I'd also say the two FA Cups were an upswing rather than an outlier as well. It's the constant expectation of fans to overperform a team's "natural" level that has started to do him in. City, Chelsea and United spent on a different level over the last few years, and league position is relative so the only way to surpass them is to massively overperform like Leicester did. Also makes Mourinho and maybe Pep look like massive frauds, and Pocchetino for manager of the year.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

If we can move three more points clear i reckon we've got it, still a shaky position until then.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

All I and Sanchez I think, going off how much fellating they give on MOTD

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

It's a really weird one this. You have to assume that Kelvin MacKenzie of all people is media-savvy as gently caress, but it's so obviously a misjudged and oddly hate-filled hit piece on a young player that doesn't have a bad reputation, and the city of Liverpool itself (again). Obviously he knows that he's never going to be anything but a hate figure in Liverpool so is happy to put the boot in to appeal to team rest of his audience. But who does he think is reading that and loving it, and not going to be appalled by it? The only conclusion is that this ugly, small-minded and racist column was written for its target audience, Manchester United fans.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 14, 2017

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Zlatan's a bit of a freak though, I doubt his body is finished. Has he had many injuries before? don't remember ever hearing he was out for a long time.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Time for big fat Rooney to get some exercise then I guess.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Zlatan has scored the winning or equalising goal at least five times this season, the gently caress are you all on about

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm a lurker at heart and making threads on any forum is too much effort for a low-effort poster like me

also there is one now
I did one mdt in like 7 years of posting in TRP and it was quite fun. Do it next time Insurrectionist. we believe in you and we love you.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Reprisal posted:

it's almost like Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan, and Pogba have all played very well for other teams that had more than one target on the field at any given time hmm
Are you sure about this? A lone striker isn't some uncultured antiquated British fail tactic. It's actually exactly how 4-4-2 doesn't work

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

5th place Manchester United are good
They're wank cunts tbh

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Yeah tbh you can't really argue Rooney was a waste of money or they paid too much in transfer fee, he was their star player for the best part of a decade.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I've seen Pogba play as a box to box midfielder for Juve, and absolutely destroy teams up and down the pitch for an entire match. He can do a lot of stuff so spending a billion pounds on him and restricting him to a DM role is a bit of a waste considering there are better pure DMs around.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

madey posted:

Looks like one of the few bets he won was laying Samaras as first goal scorer lol.
At least he backed his own team each time. Just giving himself more motivation imo, should be applauded.

Edit: I don't really bet, what's the difference between a selection of "Newcastle" and "backed - Newcastle"?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Yeah he got the other teams player sent off in a derby, what did you think he was gonna do lol

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Hence "Fellaini was a loving idiot and deserved the red". Do you lot bother actually reading posts or just trip over yourselves to mash reply as soon as you see a United fan post?
Did you read your own post haha, there were words after the bit you've quoted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

That man is in his 70s, this is probably the 10th time he's seen Sunderland relegated, it's really not that tragic

• Locked thread