Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

remember PiL

neither do i

Screw you dude, PiL is legendary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So backwards and dumb. "Durrrr climate change isn't true, oh poo poo I can't feed my livestock because of this endless drought, oh now my farm is washed away be a 1 in 100 1 year flood"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Capt.Whorebags posted:

"The Nationals and the Liberals have drifted too far to the Greens, the most destructive force in politics"

:staredog:

ABC using carbon dioxide to control people or some bullshit like that. Thanks Queensland

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oooh, Michaela Cash now being dragged out now, being a part of the secret deal for One Nation preferences in the WA State election

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Man, if Bob Day loses his seat outright and PHON gets a smackdown from the feds this would be a really great month

And if any conviction to Hanson comes through, that it sticks this time, and can't be overturned.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cartoon posted:

Ray Hadley on housing affordability this morning was straight up comedy. "Kids these days don't remember the era of 18% interest rates and how hard we had to do it...."
The repayments 18% on a loan back then is probably the same (maybe less) than what people are paying on the current loan rate.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah, he seemed to only hate them because of the poo poo MPs they produced, not for the fact they were loving over their members.

Meanwhile talking about useless members in the Parliament, Scott Morrison has pretty well given up doing the job of a Treasurer and wants other people to do the leg work for him:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-06/scott-morrison-calls-on-big-business-to-prove-their-worth/8421638

He wants big business to state the case why they should pay less taxes.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

In a shocking turn of events...

ALL THE WAY WITH LBJ DJT

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

You mean this is fake news? :sad:

I want to know if that's the offical Australian Conservatives Twitter account or one of the numerous fake ones

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Can't we just do the usual thing and throw wave after wave of Americans at the problem until they lose and it goes away?

It usually keeps the Americans quiet for about a decade after a defeat before they get the idea again that they can win a conflict.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I hate that poo poo as well.

My response when really pushed is: Australia is a rich nation, we can both afford to look after our own citizens and provide financial help for people overseas.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Stop hawking your Labor mates work in this thread.

Whitlam posted:

Has anyone seen any predictions about when the housing bubble might pop? I mean I know nobody can put a specific date on it, and we're at the when, not if, point, but are we probably talking like within the next say five years? Possibly less?

Personally I'm kind of excited for it to go. Not for all the people who'll go bust, which is sad, but because I finish uni this year (touch wood), and I already have a great job and healthy savings account, but just lol at the idea of buying now. Incidentally most of my friends are struggling to find work and can't even rent, let alone begin to think about buying.

Depends on a lot of factors, governments continuing to do gently caress all to slow things down, Trump and which way interest rates go.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Recoome posted:

I wasn't aware, but apparently Safe Schools was cut in NSW

This is a very cool and good thing to announce on Easter Sunday, I suppose

Of course Abbott has come out saying this was a great idea by the NSW Government, even though Abbott used to support Safe Schools until the Libs Right told him not to.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hiddenmovement posted:

He destroys the liberal party from within, the hero we need not the one we deserve etc

I remember an old political cartoon where it was insinuated that Brendon Nelson was a Labor stooge.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

https://twitter.com/annavidot/status/854530183944036352

Armidale isn't enough, we've got to gently caress everyone over.

Canberra's going to become a ghost town. Good thing we have the NBN rolled out throughout the country

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Halo14 posted:

Thanks, would be nice to see some sort of accountability. How can he go to the gym or ride multiple times a day. Geeze.

Also....

Whoa, an actual attack on Turnbull on the Terrorgraph?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hooman posted:

I was born here, I never had to pledge poo poo or jack.

Probably explains why so many Australia first types seem so uncommitted to rights and democracy.

I remember at primary school during the weekly school assembly we used to read out the pledge. hosed if I can remember the words to it these days.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ok, so it's happening

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Starshark posted:

I hope we get dragged into the NK war. I was just thinking there's not enough things for us to spend our tax dollars on.

What about social services for the poor and under employed hahahahahahahaha sorry, drat social conscious

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

Because not everything in this country is about Nazis I present

Wait, it is all about Nazis isn't it?

I don't understand the superannuation thing that's flared up here. Even the 730 segment about it was unclear. It just seemed like rich white men were pissed off for some reason at O'Dwyer. Maybe because she was female and was pregnant, now on maternity leave.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's amazing the huge changes to his personality since the 90s.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BBJoey posted:

lol, just lol if you think
I don't, that's why I read Murdoch news papers and watch commercial TV news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sophie Mirabella is back in the media again, suing the news paper that reported that she pushed Cathy McGowan out of the way in a photo shoot during the last election campaign.

• Locked thread