Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Boy, March sure was a month for video games, wasn't it? But wait, there's more!

Big Games
  • Persona 5 - April 4
  • Yooka-Laylee - April 11th
  • Dragon Quest Heroes II - April 25th
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris - April 25th
  • Syberia 3 - April 25th
  • Little Nightmares - April 28th

Also, it's April Fool's Day! There have been a few good ones so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2x8c-RFGnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZJxYLoun7g
And this one, from Nintendo.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajjj/0401/index.html

e:

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://wayforward.com/news/2017/04/announcing-a-new-re-imagining-of-a-wayforward-classic/

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

It's a fun game actually though

I mean if I wanted a janky game set in space i'd just play X3, which is also like only ten dollars.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've heard a lot of mixed things, but the game looks super pretty.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

ok something awful thread, someone bought me nier automata as an april fool's day gift because i'm a huge rear end in a top hat. should i play a bunch of doom 2016 out of nothing but vindictive spite?

don't cut yourself on that edge cowcaster

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/848082511846625280
e:
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/159048366649

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 2, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

gimme names if you wanna die in fantasy xcom

jack boner

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

thats so loving awful

Warhammer already peaked with the enormous death robots, so...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I still can't believe Telltale hasn't updated their engine yet.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I finally got to play 1/2 Genie Hero and it's disappointing. It's not as fun as the last two games :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Oh christ that's a thing? I've definitely felt it would be great if I could just run over items and not have to break my sprint. But to be honest that really should be an in-game feature!

You can buy it from P&D's shop in route C. Or at the end if A/B? I don't remember when that store opens.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Palpek posted:

Wait, does this mean Dark Souls is buddhist?

Also thanks for the write-up, I guess I'll pass on the game for the time being.

You could make a very strong argument for a Buddhist interpretation of Dark Souls, I think.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Looks like they're trying to fix Mass Effect? I don't see anything about making people look less like frogs, though. Also just lol at the fact that EA/bioware keeps dropping male-on-male romance from all their games at the last minute and then adding them back in later. We just didn't have time, guys, it's got nothing to do with how we prioritize things in the design process.

You can't fix what's wrong with that game with a patch, full stop.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They've burned so much money on P5 and it's coming out so late that this is a business move to prevent "copies lost to lets plays"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Whoa wait is the rumor system back in p5?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

tight aspirations posted:

e: And guess who teamed up with G2A?

>TFW your last game bombed so hard you have to strike up a deal with the Russian mob

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

People canonically gently caress Pokemon in the games, nothing is off limits.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I loved the aesthetic that comix zone went for, it was great.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmfao, god drat.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Living in the East Coast gives you an extra reason to hate people who live on the West Coast, since when they bitch about heat it's always preferable to what we have. I would rather have a 110° dry heat day than a 85° day at 80% humidity.

Help Im Alive posted:

Did the Japanese release of Persona 5 have the streaming ban too/was there a backlash

I think the streaming culture is almost totally Western in nature.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gearbox loving sucks and I'm glad they're floundering so hard.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Does soundwave play only mp3s now

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

it wasn't really THAT long ago that Borderlands 2 was a legit GOTY contender despite its moronic writing, but hoo boy it has been a long long way down from Colonial Marines to Battleborn to Bulletstorm "redux"

Under no circumstances would I ever consider borderlands one or two to be anywhere near goty. Borderlands is loving boring.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/851983157511438336

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I feel this. I think part of it is how restrained by technology the game; between the limited view distance (with its enticingly vague fog) and the wobbly textures it feels like the game itself is ready to fall apart at the seams. It's such a cool game

Where do you fall w/r/t 3 (I think it's the best one)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

the new sonic may have bubsy in it

from bubsy 3d to sonic dreams collection, arcane kids have warped reality to their twisted desires

It might be Blaze? She's basically become Girl Sonic at this point

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

does Sonic know about Bubsy's new lifestyle

http://sulkysadbobcat.tumblr.com/

lmao oh gently caress that madman is actually making this?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The current one is bad because of them trying to have everything at once with the split in consoles with noticible differences and still forcing people to make games that will run on both.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The most likely answer is that Nintendo is getting ready to roll out their Virtual Console, and continued NES Classic sales will cut into that market.

No, that doesn't make any sense, you're right, but that's Nintendo baybee

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

I like that Taro said that Nier Automata was not going to be depressing but in the end, once you go through everything it's a game entirely about meaningless cycles being endlessly repeated for making the things of the world feel like they have a purpose, even if they actually don't and all was lost literally thousands of years ago

The game itself is still very positive in its message, I think.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

Nier: Automata has literally the same ending as Battlestar Galactica.

way less canadian actors though, for better or worse :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

For a split second I was like "where did citb find a blade game"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wish more places would do work shirts of fake companies, I love those.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

I would have been OK with Quiet's outfit if The End was similarly naked, save for his beard strategically covering his junk at all times like an Austin Powers gag.

Are we not sure that his suit wasn't just filth covering his old rear end body

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The game does a few really nice callbacks though, and it helps deepen the experience a bit if you played or know about a couple of the things that happen in 1.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I feel bad about nier because it affected me in a really heavy way to the point where I've got it up in goat status but I know not everyone experiences games the same way.
I got burned by telling my SO about the Witcher 3 and they hated it, so I try not to hype up games when I recommend them because of that.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mutata posted:

hbomber is good because he makes videos about how poo poo racist YouTubers are instead of making vids that just go "Yeah but COMEDY" or blaming newspapers or whatever.

A long running gag when he first started out was that he was secretly a Nazi. He's taken those videos down at this point, but all of his callout poo poo rings hollow because of that.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean he also posted a Tumblr apology like yesterday of him doing the same thing that kite said he did to a different person, but let's not talk about him in this thread anymore.

dark souls 2 is bad

At least the PvP worked, it being all hosed up in 3 really hurt that game for me. :(

Sakurazuka posted:

This makes backing that worthwhile even if I never get around to playing it.

This is such good poo poo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Losing gaming friends / internet friends is always a terrible thing, since a lot of the times you just never know. They just sign off one day and... That's it. :( We've all had friends just leave. Most of the time we hope they just got really into real life, but...
I'm glad you got closure at least lurdiak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If we're talking about people from a million years ago bring back Martin random

• Locked thread