Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here's an actual link to the crunchyroll page for AoT, CR's such a mangled mess these days.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I totally forgot my thoughts and questions. Derp.

I really loved the new opening and the animation was sweet. I really liked when the titans in the forest started sprinting. I can't wait to find out the secret of the titan in the wall. I can't wait to find out who the beast titan is. It's interesting to think there may be a city of human-titans out there. Also the ending was horrifying and amazing and I had no idea the episode was over until the credits.

In regards to the Wall Titan, a small spoiler: they will not get to it this season. Maybe not next season either, if it's another 12-episode one. There's a lot to cover between now and where the manga's at, seriously. Also, "don't google anything about AoT especially not character names" still very much applies, moreso now than ever.

Terper posted:

This is my favorite arc in the manga, hope you anime-watchers enjoy it. I'm the weirdo who liked the second Attack on Titan opening more than the first, and I like the third opening more than the second, so they've got a good thing going here.
I'm more of a 2-1-3 fella. 2's real good, 1's almost as good and certainly more iconic, but I like the more bombastic nature of the second one. This third one's not really doing it for me, really just sounds like "let's try and bottle the lightning of the first OP again".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If an OP takes 50 seconds before nailing it though, I think it's failed. The original and second are both good all the way through. Also your link doesn't work.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There are reveals that will happen this season that are really, really good, and they're not even as good as some stuff later on. There's an arc that's a bit divisive, but I ultimately enjoyed it.

Also, the basement was totally worth it. Not a joke.

Also also, magilla gorilla is a faaaaaaantastic character and one of two things I was most looking forward to seeing animated, even if he might not make many appearances this season. Like seriously he might be my favorite character in the entire cast, though there's other great ones too (Jean and erwin come to mind right away).

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 2, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Minor is a bit much, they're secondary characters behind eren mikasa etc but they're still fairly significant since they're part of eren's squad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

This series could use one punch man

There have been countless pieces of fanart and lovely crossover t-shirts depicting exactly this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SpartanIV posted:

Why'd they squander the hype after season 1 and delay season 2 for so long? Was the manga not very far along or what?
At the time there wasn't really a super good point to stop a full season at. Then they wound up just putting out a half season instead and called it a day, and in this case there's a good place they will definitely stop at barring horrible directing decisions. If they do another season of the same length, there's another point they will likely end at specifically. And then from then on we go straight up to the current stuff and the basement, which would likely be the finale for a fourth full length season or fifth half length season.

The advertising for the new season hasn't been very good either it seems.

It's a shame really since the series has definitely gone places since where the first anime season ended, and even explains pretty common questions such as why (minor spoiler) the enemy human titans didn't just smash the wall itself down and instead just kicked in a gate as well as The Basement, despite being the Fishman Island of AOT, being totally worth the wait and setting up some crazy potential for the future of the series.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 17, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I was about to say, I genuinely want all anime only watchers to post their speculations on what they think is going to happen next week and the rest of thee season, spoiler tag it if you feel you need to.

This entire arc is jam packed with stuff and I want to hear anime only watchers speculation on what folks think will happen based on what they know and have seen from this season so far, before the rest of the season airs.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 2, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Catalina posted:

Same! I haven't caught up to the manga, but I've read up to the end of the next arc, and even though I still don't know things this thread is speculating on now, I'm keeping my mouth shut, even when I'd just be referring to things that happened in season 1, because I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for anyone.
You should catch up and join us in the manga thread.

The latest few chapters have really done amazing things with the series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Start at chapter 30. There are similar parts but the finale of season 1 is pretty different from how it goes down in the manga, and by 32 or 33 you'll be in totally new territory(season 2's stuff).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Caught up on both.

Once season 2 ends I recommend reading the manga because who knows if we will even get a season 3, feels like season 2 hasn't done nearly as well as the first one due to the abnormally long gap between the two, and there's a chance we won't get it for another few years. And there's multiple entire arcs between where the second season will end and now, all at the very least decent if not great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Something to fix for the blu-rays probably

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And we're through the looking glass here, people.

haha no we're not this is only the beginning of the crazy poo poo the series'll do.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Like I said, that is totally something they'd fix for the blurays.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The best part about googling "Reiner Braun" for the last couple years used to be that the first results plus thumbnailed image results were just the Armored Titan. It's been fixed somehow, though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That was one of my favorite parts, that Bert and Ernie are the two major sentient antagonists for a large portion of the series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

trucutru posted:

I doubt there is any animation style that can Dorohedoro justice. The art is as unique as everything else in there.
Akira style but utterly filthy

Lovechop posted:

here come the boys
fuckin lol

mabels big day posted:

I mean the named titans basically are giant mecha robots, except made of flesh
the term is Meat Mecha.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 12, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The anime definitely made sussing out reiner as the armored titan easier, I know a few people who saw his hair and build and were like "is that reiner?" right off the bat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DaveKap posted:

I'm sorry if my animation station caused your modem to explode.
By all means, please continue to work your magic like this, they're great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mikasa has seen some poo poo, man. And eren is her last touchstone to her family, who have been murdered twice over in front of her eyes now. That'd gently caress anyone up, and she's clearly not a well person. Eren is her crutch, he's all that keeps her going, so her obsession is at least a little understandable.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RealFoxy posted:

I was trying to look something up and accidentally saw manga spoilers and jesus christ, this thing is going to have as many twists and turns as Game of Thrones

Never Look Up Info For Attack On Titan

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This episode breaks significantly from the previous episodes and may end up setting things up to rush if not skip altogether an entire arc from the manga in a future third season (which would likely take up an entire cour if it was played out akin to the manga). Not sure how I feel about that. The arc was divisive, but important.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is one part that caused a real conflict between readers but ultimately it's been fantastic all the way through. If they don't announce another season soon after this one ends though, I'd say jumping in to the manga would be a good idea. Don't want to run another few years where someone could spoil poo poo for you.

One could say the Bert and Ernie reveal was a pretty big bombshell. But compared to them, there's some colossal reveals coming up. :smug:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Maera Sior posted:

I'm still waiting for Armin or Hange to realize that all titans are/were people. Please tell me it's going to be a ~big reveal~ before they end the season, they can't think the audience hasn't figured it out by now.

That was actually a later thing, but they yanked it from much further down the line and put it in this season.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 11, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You could make an imgur album with them in it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kytrarewn posted:

Highpoint of the episode was absolutely "I'll wrap it around you as many times as you want". Pure Eren, there. So dopey.

2018 isn't *that* far off- do I want to read the manga in the interim? I think I might, but interacting with all of the other anime-only people for the whole season was a lot of fun and I'm frustrated by some of what we didn't learn, and some of what it seems like we'll never learn (ie. the identity of the smiling titan or whatever it's called).

Also: Is the Beast Titan a coordinator, too? What do Bert and Ernie know about Ymir's past? She just kinda put that "I was a goddess for a while" thing out there and they didn't bat an eye, and what we saw wasn't terribly coherent..
read-a da man-gah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

^^^^^thanks!!

Watch fma brotherhood, the original anime goes off in a real dumb direction

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The absurdly higher ratio of Linkin Park fma 2003 amvs vs brotherhood is all you need to know about fma 2003

Also that it literally ends with ed getting sucked into a portal and WHOOPS NOW HE'S IN WW1 GERMANY IN OUR WORLD!!! AND THEN THEY MADE A REALLY BAD MOVIE CONTINUING FROM THERE!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

If real life was an animes would you guys rather be in this world or one punch man's world?
Aot's world suuuuuuucks to live in, so one punch man 100%

Also I and I'm sure a lot of other manga readers really appreciate the speculation of where the plot might go from anime only folks so feel free to keep speculating, it's great stuff :tipshat:

• Locked thread