Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This game is pretty good, though I'll say that I like pretty much everything about Persona 4 better.

Anyway, your first video link (to "Burn My Dread") doesn't work. It's a link to the editing page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
We have not yet met the best character

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I don't really like the female protagonist's version as much with one exception

that exception is The Best Character

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

Like any good anime protagonist who wields a sword and is in high school, we're in kendo.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The entire point of the smt franchise is to play pokemon with charmingly japan-ized mythological figures and creatures

what possible gain is there in losing that beyond maybe making the mc's initial persona visible in cutscenes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Let's maybe not talk about P5 stuff at all here

That aside, I'm 100% on board with having the main character's original persona always be relevant; hell, I'd just stuff it in its own unique slot in the team so you always have it with you, and have it level up when you do.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

With the power of constant reloads, nothing can ever really go wrong.

Unless you quit out of frustration, which, given the game, is a real possibility.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The MMO social link is, by itself, basically the entire reason I prefer the original game to the female MC version.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I forget which has the least obnoxious characters associated with it, but that one.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth remains very good.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Koromaru is a very good dog.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

All of them. Solo this poo poo.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

no one

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I think the game probably should have had the "what the gently caress is going on here, you obviously know more than you're telling us" scene a while ago.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

It was necessary for backstory, sure, but not so much for the "why the hell are we listening to you" questions.

I'd think there'd be some conflict over receiving orders after being conscripted, without any explanation beyond the basics, but maybe it's just me.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yabbashah means "dry land", not "dry sea". You can find it in Genesis 1:8.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

Eh, gently caress it, take Ken anyway because what's the worse that could happen?

Instead of exposing a small child to psychological demons, chloroform Shinji and drag him in. Let Aigis deal with his nihilism.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh look, the best character is back.

Well, for like half a scene. But still!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Yeah, sure, whatever.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

Go with the dog

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog, Robot, and who cares who else comes with seriously a dog and a robot hell yes

Also Edogawa is talking out of rear end about Kaballah again but gently caress if I want to take the time to correct most of his poo poo. However, I will talk about its origins for a bit. Basically, there was a rabbi was named Rabbi Simon bar Yochai who lived around the fall of the second temple. There’s a lot to him, but here’s the relevant part: the story goes that he was persecuted by the Romans and had to hide out in a cave for 13 years, only eating fruit and drinking only water. While secluded, he supposedly had these mystical secrets explained to him by the prophet Elijah (who is himself a part of an entirely different bit of Jewish mystic tradition), and then passed ‘em on. This was around when the Sefer Yetzirah, another mystical book, was said to be written by two entirely different Rabbis; however, that's not technically Kabbalah, even though it is Jewish mysticism, so Edogawa's explanation is still full of it.

A while later (like 8 centuries or so), a guy named Moses de Leon wrote (or transcribed, or published: no one’s quite sure, but people think he wrote it) the Zohar, claiming it was from Simon bar Yochai. The Zohar was one of the first written bits of Jewish mysticism, and set of a bunch of people to study in Safed in current day Israel; there were already some there, but a whole lot more joined, including Rabbi Moses Cordovero, who basically founded a school of mysticism based on the Zohar. It also prompted a guy named Rabbi Isaac Luria to teach his own version. He’s the source of, well, Lurianic Kabbalah.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 2, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog, and Dog

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

Just a boy and his dog, this creepy kid, and this hobo they found in an alleyway

:same:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I can’t imagine how awful it must feel to be the type of person who doesn’t vote for a dog to join the main party at all times

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I think the game expects you to like Junpei more, at this point, than we (or at least I) do.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I will never not vote for dog and robot, ban or no ban.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

You cannot stop me from voting for the dog. (and also the robot)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog and Robot. As always..

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog, Bot, and I guess the guy with the fire giant sword

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog and Bot.

And the corpse of Shinjiro. I'm sure there are mods for it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog, Robot, Possibly Suicidal Girl.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tendronai posted:

Time for a team of Dog-bot.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog, Robot, who cares.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

lots of people not voting for dog

not sure how they live with themselves, smh

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Wait we can do that

Dog, Dog, and Dog.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

We are taking Koromaru for a walk.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh fine, I’ll change my vote to Mitsuru.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dog, Dog, and Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Black Balloon posted:

Dog, Bot, and uhhh new glove so Akihiko I guess.

this