Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I like the cut-off Wilhelm screams at 3:40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Guessing the incest stuff is to make Rick less appealing to insane fans who idolize him? I approve.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

This was the best Jerry episode in a long time. Everything he did was funny.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Yeah, this was a great Jerry episode. He was in character, but had more to do than just be a punching bag.

I also enjoyed that Venusian was just normal French.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Skippy McPants posted:

Pillbug Jerry was also an excellent non sequitur.

edit: "okay," "thank you," was great too. Can get why people would dislike it, but I think I laughed more at this episode than any in recent memory.

Yeah, I thought this was the funniest episode of the season so far. Also liked that the turkey pardon was just a brief gag at the beginning.

Mokinokaro posted:

The new CEO of Warner Bros. is also the CEO of Discovery Channel and has basically been on a murder spree against most HBO Max and WB programming. He's big on reality TV and possibly only wanted the merger so he could take control of CNN as he's also a Trumpian. Cartoons are some of the hardest hit of the projects he's killed, including pulling a bunch of finished series just so he doesn't have to pay residials.

Oh poo poo, that's why JMS needs a twitter campaign to get the B5 remake pilot made :ohdear:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

It sounds like the voice actors have really settled in to the roles, or I've just become more accustomed to them. They sounded a tiny bit different at the beginning of the season, but I legit couldn't tell the difference in this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Guy A. Person posted:

For me the sweet spot was the Evil Morty/Rick Prime episode which was great because it obviously featured a variety of Morty's and Ricks. I assumed they didn't necessarily record them in order anyway, but it makes sense to leave some of the heavier lore ones like that and this one until they were more settled in (honestly if I had to bet I'd assume those were the last two recorded)

This article about them makes me like the voice actors even more: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/rick-and-morty-voice-actors-interview-1235651361/

quote:

So both of you went out for both roles.

Belden: Most Rick and Morty fans don’t just imitate one of them. Ian and I have laughed because I thought my Rick was a lot stronger than my Morty, which shows how much I know.

Cardoni: And I thought during the audition process that my Morty was getting stronger. So, during the process, we were both up for both.

Belden: It was easily the longest and most intense audition process I’ve ever been a part of, but it was also the most fun. The people running the auditions kept throwing curveballs at us — things you’d never hear these characters doing — just to see if we could stay in character.

Co-creator Dan Harmon and showrunner Scott Marder told us they put you guys through this rigorous and exhausting process, trying to nail every potential nuance. What are examples of some of those curveballs?

Belden: Like, “What if Morty was just channeling Rick here?” “What if Morty wasn’t quite as submissive, but he was really dominating and angry here?” “What if he was being a bit cold and calculated, much like a certain Morty who wears an eyepatch?” You could tell they were having a lot of fun with us.

Cardoni: There was a session with Scott where I had to do some matching to Chris Parnell’s character, who had voiced his half of a combined being. That’s a skill to match existing animation but also match the timing of another actor without that actor being there. Also, toward the end, they brought in a vocal coach for us to work with — even before we were cast. What that showed me is that as rigorous and exhausting as that process was, they were looking out for us. It was a preview of how supportive and how conscious they were of not hurting our voices or going overboard.