Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham posted:

IT'S REALLY GOOD YOU GUYS, IT'S TOTALLY NOT A BORING LAW TALKING SOAP OPERA SHOW.

This is 100% true. Do not mistake this as a legal drama. The legal stuff is more the background engine the way meth was Breaking Bad's background engine. It's used to drive the stories, more than the stories being about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

P.S, gently caress Chuck :mad:

OP why is this not called Better Call Saul Season 3 - gently caress Chuck? Because yeah, gently caress Chuck.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I re-watched Gremlins for the first time in several years and went "Oh hey, that's Jonathan Banks as one of the cops!"

Should be canon.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stickarts posted:

This show creates more tension with a 24 hour copying store than The Walking Dead does with the zombie apocalypse.

It's true, a tiger, filthy trash people, dozens of guns and a dreadlock king all add up to 1/100th of the tension caused by an rear end in a top hat hitting his head.

Sony fucks up their movies but thank God they kept AMC tempered on these shows.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham posted:

Chuck's gonna die before this is all over.

I have a completely different theory: When Jimmy finally returns to fight the Heisenberg charges in the present time, Chuck will be his "final boss": The guy prosecuting him.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

drunken officeparty posted:

I know the answer is "because the tv people don't want to do it", but couldn't that tape get Saul disbarred at least? It doesn't need to be criminally provable to do that as far as I know

I'm not sure about state law but in Calfornia, not only could it not be used like that, Chuck could literally be brought up on charges for a concealed recording.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Chuck wants Jimmy to do something really stupid that he can catch him red-handed in once Jimmy hears about the tape. Jimmy will hear about the tape because Ernesto's loyalties have always swung closer to Jimmy than Chuck.

I loved the subtle detail of him seeing Chuck having a hard time and trying to duck out of sight before being called.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Steve2911 posted:

It stands to reason that they also planned to track him when he goes out in his normal car. So as to know where he is. One in each vehicle isn't exactly excessive.

They also no doubt found his disposable car by tracking his real car.

That's also why he met the guy at 4AM while leaving the cap at home, so they'd think he was sleeping.

Junkyard Poodle posted:

I like the slow burn storyline, cinematography, and performances. Top quality show, better than breaking bad.

To me, it's Different but Equal.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Am I the only one who hopes they find some way for Hank to stop by for an episode or two like Tuco? Maybe he could be giving Nacho a hard time.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Out of curiosity I looked up what Johnathen Banks used to look like in his roles when he was younger and still had hair, and he was basically Leisure Suit Larry.

I so want to head cannon Mike as turning into Mike after his run in with the Gremlins that totaled his police car.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Not strictly BCS related, but I met Rian Johnson tonight and got to tell him how much I loved the Breaking Bad episodes he directed, including perennial goon whipping boy "Fly".

Wait wait wait.

WAIT.

Goons loving hated Fly? Really? That episode was drat near classic. It wasn't a plot driver but if any show ever deserved a slow moment, that was it. It wasn't filler at all, either. Lot of character work in that episode.

I'm with you on that one, Fly was good.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 15, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shbobdb posted:

I hate Kim. She stole Jimmy's clients and is just generally a road block to Jimmy being Jimmy. Kim is a . . .

a person undeserving of the bullshit about to rain down on her?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

We need Huell.

I can't remember, how did Mike know the nazi crew again?

It'd be hilariously terrible to have a run in with Jack and Todd at some point. Lydia is almost guaranteed to show up on Saul.

Grand Fromage posted:

We need Huell.

It would be funny for Walt to be in a scene somewhere that isn't important, just him at a coffee shop in the background or something. It's not that big of a city, wouldn't be ridiculous for them to cross paths in a minor way.

My other great disappointment is Saul very clearly did not know Badger in his first appearance, preventing Badger & Pete from showing up until we time jump into the future. And I mean that, Badger & Pete were always one of the most entertaining duos of Breaking Bad, to the very last episode.

ED: I will always get a kick out of them trolling Star Trek fans by purposely getting one detail about the origin of drat berries wrong. :bravo:

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 21, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ditocoaf posted:

But now I'm seeing how they're treating the whole Gus Fring reintroduction. They clearly are really talented at filming and editing very stylish scenes, but also they clearly bought into the whole "oh holy poo poo this Breaking Bad character is back on TV" hype, and the show is bending around that. That saddens me a bit, because I used to see BCS as a show that you could watch without seeing BB first -- just a new show, with more developed talent behind it, that happened to contain links to an old good show that you could see if you wanted to. But the Gus Fring arc is clearly based on the assumption "you've seen BB before BCS, and when you catch a glimpse of Los Pollos Hermanos in BCS you're gonna be excited to see Gus Fring again". So now yeah, I'm on your side -- BCS only works as a continuation of BB. I'm a bit sad about that. It's still amazing, but I can't sell it as its own thing to my friends with a clear conscience.

I entirely disagree; Mike's setting up the war with the Cartel and then meeting up with Fring matches the timeline perfectly, because "every few years ago, there's a conflict" means that we're likely to see the first Gus/Mike vs Cartel showdown that was explicitly referenced repeatedly in the parent show. That said I am convinced that something is almost definitely going to happen to Hector during this that puts him in that wheelchair.

As for not selling your friends a clear conscience, think about something for a moment: If I bulk-erased Breaking Bad from your mind and you watched this episode, would Fring have put you off? If anything, them hiding Fring's involvement felt the OTHER direction for me, where it was frustrating knowing the answer to the question well in advance of the characters, but I think so far you could watch all of Saul -> Breaking Bad and quite enjoy yourself once Saul's done.

It's less "Hey, hypetrain, we have a great BB character back!!! Wooo!" to me and more "This is literally the timeframe these characters have always met, so they were going to have to meet." Again I think if your friends are watching the show with no knowledge of BB, a lot of things like Mike trying to track his aggressors becomes far better, because you won't know well in advance what he's doing/watching him go through the motions.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 21, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man I forgot how bad some people were during Breaking Bad. I was looking up some Saul video clips, the stuff related to the ricin cigarette and Jesse being super pissed off when he found out Saul helped Walter poison Brock, and there's dozens of comments mad at Jesse for "overreacting, big deal, he was in the hospital for a few days. What's the problem?"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NowonSA posted:

If they want to wrap things up in S4

Isn't the plan 6 seasons, just like BB?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush posted:

I like the idea that Jimmy's going to have to defend himself in court or risk disbarment, with Chuck as his primary opponent, and his reputation as a friendly lawyer to senior citizens will be ruined as the details of the trial are publicized. In the end, though, he'll pull off a miraculous Saul Goodman-style acquittal by working the jury. This will drive Chuck, who will do everything completely right by the books but still lose, fully insane. As part of the proceedings, everything will come out about Chuck's mental illness -- maybe he'll even end up committed -- and that will be the final blow that drives the two of them apart. Maybe it will also torch the McGill name for good -- HHM becomes just Hamlin & Hamlin, and Jimmy changes the name of his practice, having given up trying to fly straight for good.

I do too, though I think the final season should still be post Breaking Bad, or at least, the last half-season. I want Saul to just give a finger to everyone by clearing his name.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TBeats posted:

I would like it if the actress who plays Kim wins an Emmy. She's real good :)

I bet she could pull off even an action or military role, I saw her in an interview and she's actually pretty buff. She'd probably kick my rear end in a fight, even, but I NEVER noticed this on Saul itself.

Just a random comment but it surprised me.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lost Season posted:

Mike's relationship with gus was more than just regular work, though. Mike was Gus's right hand, he oversaw large parts of the operation, and based on what we've gotten from BCS so far he surpassed quite a few guys Gus already has on payroll to get to that point. I think there's enough meat left in Mike's storyline that it will be able to match pace with Jimmy's.

I'm personally really glad BCS is as much Mike's story as Saul's. Two of the best characters from the original series and they're always awesome to watch.

Hell I'd watch an 80s cop drama with young Mike if they found the right actor. They could call it Don't Mess With Mike.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Like Kim dying

I don't why people keep thinking Kim is dead in the future. It's really dumb. It's likely they broke up, but for all we know, they could still be in touch. Same with Chuck really.

Do you really think Saul would tell Walter loving White about his associates, friends and family outside of work? I mean that worked out real well for Jesse. Jesus Christ. The only reason it's obvious they are not likely together is because.. well, she and Saul are on way different trajectories.

Seriously, Saul never ever came off like a man with a haunted past. Not one Goddamn time. I'm not saying they're not dead, but this assumption of "if we don't see them, they're dead" is silly. Hell BCS could run a season during BB and just show what else Saul is doing and it'd be interesting.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 5, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflecopper posted:

There's no way in hell Kim is still on speaking terms with Jimmy in BB. She might be slipping a little now but no way would she tolerate the level of poo poo Saul gets up to. Come on.

Like I said, they're on different trajectories, but speaking terms?

She's not Chuck. She's not going to poo poo herself if Saul does something illegal or immoral, unless it can hurt her. In a relationship? Most likely no. 99.9999% no. But she could easily still be his friend, maybe view him as that gently caress up ex of hers that's still a nice guy at heart. She just can't get dragged down with him.

People are really fast to make all these assumptions, when it could be either way. I agree they're almost certainly not together, but I see no reason he'd be disowned.

Chuck however, no matter where he is or what happened to him, probably hates Saul with the power of a thousand suns. gently caress, Chuck might STILL be harassing Jimmy during BB's timeline, we don't know that for sure and to assume that's not the case is fool hearty. Saul might love plastering his posters everywhere just to piss him off in the nursing home for all we know.

I'm just saying BB went out of it's way to NOT show any of Jimmy's personal life, because Saul is not stupid enough to drag that into work with the people he represents. I don't think they're together but so many people just keep beating this "Kim is dead, Chuck is dead" train and it's highly ... premature.

Wafflecopper posted:

Plus Jimmy needs to lose her to fully break bad

Not really. He just represented scumbags before Walt and Jesse kidnapped him. He wasn't doing anything too horrendous outside of that, shady as he might be.

Hell, as we know, Nacho is probably still around and you never saw him either, outside of the reference of "Tell Nacho I'll get him his money back, Jesus" or something along those lines when he mistook Jesse & Walt for Nacho's goons.

It's just something I see over and over, with people going "If they're not in BB they are either dead or will not ever talk to Saul again." If Kim wants a career she'll have to dump him though, so that much I agree is likely.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Get-Out posted:

Is Chuck for sure alive in BB? I'm kind of hoping he gets ratfucked some more in BCS cause he's my least favorite character out of both shows, including Walter.

Status is completely unknown.

I have to admit this is just wishful thinking but I'm hoping that the final season opens in black & white in the Cinnabon as always, but then.. fades to color, and it takes place post-BB and that Chuck is still around, still hates Jimmy, and the "final battle" is Jimmy fighting all the things he's charged with.. against Chuck (if not actually on the prosecution, certainly helping them).

That'd be the way to tie it all up with a bow on top, for both series. It's a favorite theory of mine but I make absolutely zero bones about there being not even a grain of fact to it. Just something I think would be neat/work.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

I gotta say as far as you can judge a person for liking a fictional character I'd judge the poo poo out of anyone that liked Todd.

I actually felt kinda bad for Todd. Whenever he talked it was such an honest, leave-it-to-beaver sincerity. He showed signs of mercy and honor.

It's like if Todd was raised by a normal family and not psychotic neo-nazis, he might have turned out a boy scout who'd never do anything illegal. But since he was all those traits just added up to make him the creepiest motherfucker on the planet.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOOT BOOT posted:

I kinda wonder what would have been if they went with a Breaking Bad sequel instead of prequel. It'd be interesting to see what they would have come up with working under the restriction of almost everyone being dead.

I'd watch the poo poo out of a pure comedy starring Pete & Badger

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If you think skylar was a bitch you just might be

What if you thought Skylar was a bitch.... to her sister?

She kinda was, once she was fully on the Walt train. It's amazing her sister even talked to her anymore.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TwoStepBoog posted:

HHM's image damaged.
Chuck's credibility ruined.
Rebecca finds out Chuck is mentally ill.
Mesa Verde is now justified in leaving HHM for Kim.
Jimmy walks free.

All in one episode.
God :drat:

It's like a season finale, halfway into the season!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just have to say I've been waiting the whole series for Huell to finally show up, and holy poo poo did he get a perfect introduction. Not only that, there was a really good reason to not use Mike since Chuck met Mike last week, plus Huell is established as a world class pickpocket that's good at taking AND returning things from Breaking Bad.

They held onto their Huell card for a long time, and man did they play it in style.

VagueRant posted:

When people complain about the pace of the glacial, drama-less episodes previous

How many episodes was that? 1?

I actually thought it was quite clever as an episode to do it that way, it was just a bad choice for a season opener. It's been hitting the accelerator flat out ever since.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 9, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

Still uses the pickpocket skill.

Now I'm just picturing doing that in Daggerfall and having a 100 guards come from everywhere after Huell

Halt! Halt! Ha-ha-ha-lt-lt-lt! Halt! Ha-Halt-Halt-Halt!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rexides posted:

Overlapping with Breaking Bad means that this show won't get any kind of climactic ending.

I disagree but not real overlap. They've been continuing the snippets of Saul post-BB for a reason, and I'm still convinced the last few episodes will be the resolution to him in "present time."

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nail Rat posted:

So at this point from Breaking Bad the show has

Mike
Mike's daughter in law
Jimmy
Francesca
Tuco
Hector Salamanca
Gus
Victor
rear end in a top hat bluetooth guy
Tyrus
Huell
Lydia
Krazy 8
Don Eladio
Dr. Goodman (the guy who saves Gus and Mike)
Probably some other minor people I'm forgetting

It's kind of everyone except the Whites and the PInkmans. They missed a golden opportunity to bring back the junkyard guy though

We haven't had motherfucking Gale yet. I'm sure he's soon to arrive though. The pieces are falling together.

I'd also really like to see Huell's frequent "partner" show up. He was always fun.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 16, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rangi posted:

Whiskey stops aging once it's bottled.

Aren't the confirmed dates of each episode 1 2002 for Saul and 2008 for BB?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Durzel posted:

Hard to believe this is the same show that spent a full 86 seconds showing us an elderly lady coming down a stairlift.

The pacing recently is just nuts, especially compared to a big chunk of the last season, and it's turned into a who's who of Breaking Bad alumni, almost to the point where it's taking me out of the show slightly. I'm expecting to see Gus next week, then Hank shortly after, and maybe retcon Jesse into a bigger role in Krazy 8's operation.

Ok that's a bit harsh... It's still a very high quality show in its own right. I just hope they don't get tempted to "six degrees of separation" all of the characters into the chronology of BB and let the shoe stand on its own.

I was thinking the other day that all of these "callbacks" would work actually better as foreshadowing, so if someone were to watch Saul -> BB it would be really entertaining.

Vintersorg posted:

I hope she never does show up again and the Gus thing was so loving cheap!

I personally want to know what Lydia did to piss Mike off so loving bad by the time of BB. He had an immediate on-sight hatred of her and she was only spared a bullet because of his soft spots.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 17, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Akumos posted:

Wait.. this showed is supposed to be in 2001-2002? What the gently caress? They really are expecting us to suspend a lot of disbelief with character appearances and basically nothing happening between the end of this show(I can't imagine it ends right before BB if it's that far back) and Walter meeting Gus on BB. Could easily see this show wrapping up in a season or two and ending in 2003-2004, so it seems weird to leave out the other like 6-7 years between the shows if that happens, unless we get some massive time skips here.. and not sure how we'd ever get the Walt cameo most people expect if it's that far back.

I continue to expect/hope that the last season of the show will be post-BB, and the season before that will be right before the time fade.

Fading the black & white intro into color would just work perfectly.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wow people are whiny and quick to judge.

It's likely Lydia wasn't put in there JUST as a cameo; she's legitimately likely to be involved in the show. Like I said earlier she and Mike hated each other by BB for some reason. I guess we'll find out why.

Also they've done fun things with EVERY tie in. The meth lab isn't even "REMEMBER BB? REMEMBER BB?" It's where Gus is going to be going and soon. Why I mentioned Gale earlier. He was in business long before Walter loving White got involved. Also I firmly believe the way they're doing it everything we're seeing as callbacks would be great foreshadowing watching the shows in a linear order.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I just found out from a friend that PLAYUH is K-Strass, the notorious Yo Yo guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBzWHudBoiA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ9TLftki5U

He fits the show better than I realized.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've said it before, but this is really why this show is so good. When you can argue from the point of view of literally any character means that the writers have done a drat fine job.

And now I shalt argue the show on behalf of Hector Salamanca

gently caress THAT loving GUS FRING. THAT'S WHAT. I AM #1, THAT SHOW OFF loving SMUG PRICK. ALL SHOULD FEAR ME BECAUASE I AM A loving SALAMANCA.

But seriously most of the characters have extremely understandable POVs.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lotus circle posted:

What I want to know is on a show called Breaking Bad, who the gently caress is this Walter White guy and why should I care about him more than Breaking Bad, our lovable scamp protagonist?

I love how people don't trust this show to tie the Mike & Saul plots together with a bow at the end.

Doubly so since Saul knows Gus, and is the guy who pointed White to Gus, meaning they absolutely have to cross paths on a criminal level. My guess is that Saul's need for money will leave him to take a big risk and helping Gus, Nacho and Mike with the Hector plan.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ALFbrot posted:

Mike met her, and they had a nice connection.
Mike was visited by Playuh, who told him that Nacho was in the market for empty nitro capsules.
Mike immediately cottoned on that Nacho will use them to hit Hector.
Mike, not wanting to deal with Playuh and having been dissuaded from anti-Hector action by Gus, washes his hands of the matter.
Mike goes to the support group, learns that her husband died mysteriously and she has carried that burden for nearly a decade of intense suffering.
Putting a human face to the pain renews and intensifies Mike's animus towards Hector for the murder of the good samaritan (and, to a lesser extent, the driver of the truck)
Mike decides that he wants Hector dead again, after all.
If it's gonna happen, he's gonna make sure Nacho does it right.

I think you're more or less correct, though I don't think he immediately figured that out. I'd assume he looked the pills up off camera, THEN figured out what was going on. ("These are nitro pills -> Why would Nacho want nitro pills? -> Looks into his associates) but overall I think that was the reason.

I wouldn't feel bad for missing it though, it took me a long thought to figure out why one lead to the other. All of this makes me wonder why Mike didn't just gun down Todd down after the kid incident given his ethics, though.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 24, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cromulent posted:

I interpreted the support group interaction as Mike not wanting to end up disappeared (Nacho's sloppy work causing Gus immediately suspect Mike), leaving Kaylee and her mom with the same unresolved grief the woman at the support group has. I do think the good samaritan aspect is valid too though, it's in Mike's character.

Or not wanting the idiot Playuh to end up disappeared.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

vermin posted:

"Man, I used to be the back alley doctor for the Sopranos and now I'm bottom-feeding in New Mexico...I'm so much better than this place."

I could totally buy Breaking Bad and The Sopranos exist in the same universe.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ghostwritingduck posted:

I haven't been watching since the second episode this season. Have things picked up?

gently caress yes, this is honestly the best season of the show hands down at this point.

skull mask mcgee posted:

not really, no

Lies

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

I think if Kim doesn't die, she'll leave because Saul indirectly kills Chuck.

Why are people so freaking convinced that Kim or Chuck are going to die? For gently caress's sake. There's a million reasons they wouldn't have been on Breaking Bad and they could just be alienated from Saul. Hell he could still have a friendly relationship (but likely not an actual RELATIONSHIP) with Kim during that period, it's not like he'd dragged her in with loving meth dealers. We literally saw nothing about Saul's personal life in that period.

I feel like if half the posters that keep thinking this had creative control of Breaking Bad they'd been gung-ho about the "Walt accidentally kills Walt Jr. with a Jigsaw shotgun device in season 1" terrible idea.

ED: Also did Saul EVER come off like a haunted or broken man, even once, in BB? Even now, in hiding, he just misses those days. A lot of you are way too cliche in terms of what kind of tragedy to expect. I'm still hoping for a post-BB epilogue where he has to deal with all the people in his life.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 31, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Durzel posted:

Saul drops Nacho's name in BB when he is kidnapped by Walt and Jesse, when he presumably thought they were cartel members, so the implication is that Nacho''s scheme is uncovered (but probably not before the damage has been done)

Wasn't he also suggesting he owed Nacho money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aliquid posted:

As someone who has fallen on hard times, I can't not empathize with Jimmy, and he's the main reason I enjoy the show. I wish I had half the charisma he does. I was nearly arrested for stealing food two weeks ago. Yesterday, I found out that I didn't get a job as a call center temp. Loan repayments for my worthless master's start in six weeks, and I didn't win the Powerball tonight. Watching someone else stand up to the system and make his own way is all I have left.

You need to meet a couple of enterprising meth cooks to really go places

• Locked thread