Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

zen death robot posted:

Keep in mind that's after I've blocked as much poo poo traffic as I can. So most of that is legit traffic.

What is bad traffic? Bots or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

scott zoloft posted:

Where's everdraed? He'd know what to do.

Twitter, probably.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Spambots, spiderbots, creepy crawlers, and brute forcers

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Is there any easy way to tell if front page visitors are posters, or vice versa? Curious how many visitors are unique to each portion of the site.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Where do people come here from?

e: Do you monitor links from other sites or anything?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

myDad posted:

Where do people come here from?

Link from the front page or the handy Android app here.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I have a hard time believing the front page attracts anyone in 2017. It must be word-of-mouth or Lets Plays.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

zen death robot posted:

We could change the culture by merging D&D and GBS into one subforum called Current Events.

Now, this- this- is an excellent idea.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

But you know what is cut and dry? Proper capitalization and punctuation!

We should stop making difficult and divisive editorial calls and start working on mindfulness of form. Mindfulness of content will follow naturally.

i dont like the correct spelling or whatever because i dont have any fingers

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

We could change the culture by merging D&D and GBS into one subforum called Current Events.

The best idea I've heard all loving year

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

The graphs don't lie and we don't have thousands of unregistered visitors per day.

I think they don't want to register because they take one look at GBS and never come back to the forums

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Isaac posted:

After the CCCC thread was deleted I stopped posting in any of the same places as the 'basement crew'. Now on the outside looking at all the lmbo posts went from just white noise to completely unberable. I dont think GBS needs anything radical done except punish whats always been against the rules, things that arent interesting funny or informative.

I'm glad you were able to break free, those guys are below your weight class Imo.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

If my first exposure to SomethingAwful was post-2013 GBS I would have turned 360 degrees and walked away.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i get that people want the old, earnest gbs back ts just before it got hosed up because the mods were really bad

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Enfield posted:

i dont like the correct spelling or whatever because i dont have any fingers

Yeah I'd say you've got a pretty good reason to write however you can. Hopefully the mods agree.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If my first exposure to SomethingAwful was post-2013 GBS I would have turned 360 degrees and walked away.

If it wasn't for Imp Zone, the greatest gaming forum on the entire internet, hell...

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Enfield posted:

i get that people want the old, earnest gbs back ts just before it got hosed up because the mods were really bad

It will never come back in the form that it was in.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What is this feeling... Hope? No. I've always known hope. This is what it feels like to see change.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Honky Dong Country posted:

Yeah I'd say you've got a pretty good reason to write however you can. Hopefully the mods agree.

i was joking its actually not that bad

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Enfield posted:

i was joking its actually not that bad

Oh my bad. I just kinda assume you're not bullshitting when you say you got something different going on because of all that.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did the forum traffic sign ups increase when GBS was closed down?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's kind of epic seeing some of the proto-precursor basement crew people slowly, slowly begin to open their eyes and realize how miserable of a place ~2013-present GBS has been.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Post-2013 GBS wasn't half as miserable as 2011-2013 GBS. Not by a loving country mile.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Current day GBS is insular and unfunny, Senor Woodchuck era GBS was insular, unfunny, and bitchy as hell.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

XCOM scientist: When enough FYADs and QCS SJWs gather together to say that mocking dead mountain climbers for years is wrong and that posting a Krusty picture for months doesn't make anyone want to sign up for the site, they merge. They evolve into something.... more. Yes, the Concern Troll, as I've taken to calling it, is a malicious creature which stomps across the terrain, loudly whining about its fee-fees supposedly being hurt by innocent GBS fun-havers as they catalog and post lulzy death statistics and pictures of decaying third world citizens. I'd advise you don't get too close- that massive, spiked participation trophy it carries can pack a massive wallop.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

XCOM scientist: When enough FYADs and QCS SJWs gather together to say that mocking dead mountain climbers for years is wrong and that posting a Krusty picture for months doesn't make anyone want to sign up for the site, they merge. They evolve into something.... more. Yes, the Concern Troll, as I've taken to calling it, is a malicious creature which stomps across the terrain, loudly whining about its fee-fees supposedly being hurt by innocent GBS fun-havers as they catalog and post lulzy death statistics and pictures of decaying third world citizens. I'd advise you don't get too close- that massive, spiked participation trophy it carries can pack a massive wallop.y

This is a bad post.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

Post-2013 GBS wasn't half as miserable as 2011-2013 GBS. Not by a loving country mile.

Who cares? I didn't read that poo poo either Lol

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Lumpy the Cook posted:

XCOM scientist: When enough FYADs and QCS SJWs gather together to say that mocking dead mountain climbers for years is wrong and that posting a Krusty picture for months doesn't make anyone want to sign up for the site, they merge. They evolve into something.... more. Yes, the Concern Troll, as I've taken to calling it, is a malicious creature which stomps across the terrain, loudly whining about its fee-fees supposedly being hurt by innocent GBS fun-havers as they catalog and post lulzy death statistics and pictures of decaying third world citizens. I'd advise you don't get too close- that massive, spiked participation trophy it carries can pack a massive wallop.

good lord

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Who cares? I didn't read that poo poo either Lol

Probably people that actually post in GBS.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yikes

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:yikes:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
What's the everest death toll at this year?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
What does Tax Man think about the -- "merging D&D and GBS into one subforum called Current Events"?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Jfc lmao

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Jimmy Hats posted:

What's the everest death toll at this year?

69 lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

myDad posted:

What does Tax Man think about the -- merging D&D and GBS into one subforum called Current Events?

I think lowtax is like a retired ceo who still sits on a board of directors in that he doesn't give a poo poo unless it affects his dividends, which in this case are 100% of the forum dollars.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:scrunt:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

myDad posted:

What does Tax Man think about the -- "merging D&D and GBS into one subforum called Current Events"?

Probably doesn't want to do it or it would have been done by now. If they're merged he risks losing a large chunk of users and the potential money that goes with it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

LOL whooo boy what were YOU Thinking with this post :myman: :rick: :morty: :rickandmorty: :wubbalubbadubdub: :yikes:

Dude see yourself back to your lair and don't come back to GBS, the funniest forum that isn't driving traffic away from this site, AND STAY OUT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
It's not a good post though.

• Locked thread