Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Jfc lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Jimmy Hats posted:

What's the everest death toll at this year?

69 lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

myDad posted:

What does Tax Man think about the -- merging D&D and GBS into one subforum called Current Events?

I think lowtax is like a retired ceo who still sits on a board of directors in that he doesn't give a poo poo unless it affects his dividends, which in this case are 100% of the forum dollars.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

XCOM scientist: When enough FYADs and QCS SJWs gather together to say that mocking dead mountain climbers for years is wrong and that posting a Krusty picture for months doesn't make anyone want to sign up for the site, they merge. They evolve into something.... more. Yes, the Concern Troll, as I've taken to calling it, is a malicious creature which stomps across the terrain, loudly whining about its fee-fees supposedly being hurt by innocent GBS fun-havers as they catalog and post lulzy death statistics and pictures of decaying third world citizens. I'd advise you don't get too close- that massive, spiked participation trophy it carries can pack a massive wallop.

:scrunt:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

myDad posted:

What does Tax Man think about the -- "merging D&D and GBS into one subforum called Current Events"?

Probably doesn't want to do it or it would have been done by now. If they're merged he risks losing a large chunk of users and the potential money that goes with it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

XCOM scientist: When enough FYADs and QCS SJWs gather together to say that mocking dead mountain climbers for years is wrong and that posting a Krusty picture for months doesn't make anyone want to sign up for the site, they merge. They evolve into something.... more. Yes, the Concern Troll, as I've taken to calling it, is a malicious creature which stomps across the terrain, loudly whining about its fee-fees supposedly being hurt by innocent GBS fun-havers as they catalog and post lulzy death statistics and pictures of decaying third world citizens. I'd advise you don't get too close- that massive, spiked participation trophy it carries can pack a massive wallop.

LOL whooo boy what were YOU Thinking with this post :myman: :rick: :morty: :rickandmorty: :wubbalubbadubdub: :yikes:

Dude see yourself back to your lair and don't come back to GBS, the funniest forum that isn't driving traffic away from this site, AND STAY OUT!

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
It's not a good post though.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drat really? :gbsmith:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
People who spam threads to death should stay banned imo. Controversial I know

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

that health care thread where dad gay kept quoting the huge rear end op made me laugh harder than anything else on this forum and it still makes me laugh just thinking about it

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

that health care thread where dad gay kept quoting the huge rear end op made me laugh harder than anything else on this forum and it still makes me laugh just thinking about it

Sometimes idiot kings need idiot jesters . . .

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

myDad posted:

Sometimes idiot kings need idiot jesters . . .

these violent delights have violent ends

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lmao and the OPs meltdown in QCS

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i really feel for all the people who click on gbs because its the first forum and get repulsed

but arent the real victims here the people that go to do that then their finger slips and they accidentally click on fyad

what im saying is fyad should be a qcs subforum

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

It's kind of epic seeing some of the proto-precursor basement crew people slowly, slowly begin to open their eyes and realize how miserable of a place ~2013-present GBS has been.

im not "seeing the light" i just understand where people are coming from. when i registered the forums were freaking awful imo and i like them how they are now but im a bit of a rebel

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

Removing and reinstating gbs did not bring about the posting renaissance that was supposed to occur, does anyone really believe that indefinitely probating or banning the most active posters that are left will usher in a new a golden age of good posting and not just drive gbs further into irrelevance?

Are you really pushing the idea that quantity of posts is what makes a forum poster a positive? As far as I can tell they only hammered a handful of the most inane white noise cliquish crew. Do you truly miss them so much?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

zen death robot posted:

FYAD isn't visible unless you are registered.

Maybe this should be done to GBS... It couldn't hurt.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hmmm.... thats a good point

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

hey has the cryptic guy who only posts sarcastic asides and never contributes anything to gbs posted in here yet i really miss him

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

Are you really pushing the idea that quantity of posts is what makes a forum poster a positive? As far as I can tell they only hammered a handful of the most inane white noise cliquish crew. Do you truly miss them so much?

I'm saying that it won't bring in new posters and yes, I miss my posting friends

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

zen death robot posted:

FYAD isn't visible unless you are registered.

ok change that to any registered user whose finger slips

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Blue Train posted:

I'm saying that it won't bring in new posters and yes, I miss my posting friends

get PMs and u can see your posting friends again in shambala

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This would be better than merging gbs and dnd.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

It's kind of epic seeing some of the proto-precursor basement crew people slowly, slowly begin to open their eyes and realize how miserable of a place ~2013-present GBS has been.

for the people who arent in the know, could someone on top of this put links together? i'd like to do something positive in here but this is all very confusing

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

e: gently caress

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 4, 2017

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

eric posted:

This would be better than merging gbs and dnd.

merge d&d and e/n

They're both forums for mentally ill people who love :words:, so it should be a smooth transition

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Enfield posted:

im not "seeing the light" i just understand where people are coming from. when i registered the forums were freaking awful imo and i like them how they are now but im a bit of a rebel

I didn't say that you were. You've still got a ways to go I think

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

myDad posted:

What does Tax Man think about the -- "merging D&D and GBS into one subforum called Current Events"?

i'd sooner merge GBS with ADTRW :goku:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

I didn't say that you were. You've still got a ways to go I think

o.. oh...

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

Expand your mind and make new friends, who are not one trick gimmick accounts.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I hope you all drown in your own ejaculate and tears.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I hope you all drown in your own ejaculate and tears.

Namaste, brother.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
hope is not an option

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Naw this is how you do it:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
argh this is killing me!

who was the conservative superstar from Current Events back in the day? was it "Voice of Reason"? i remember every thread in CE in like 2000-2001 was about 50% that guy posting.

i wonder what ever happened to them.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Naw this is how you do it:

Lumpy the Cook is the only poster on this forum that's more GBS than Jack Daniels.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

does a jpeg of a klown got you down

1000s of days for idle "im gays"

a dancing flamingo, using incendiary lingo

this isnt a haiku so stop that post right there

zdr stop being such a square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

actual current event threads in gbs are uniformly the worst threads at any given moment and i dont understand the gushing or posters coming out of the woodwork to call it "epic"

• Locked thread