Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
♪♬
Goodbye Tony

it's been nice

Hope you find your paradise...
♪♬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Romo's final game ever was a loss to the Eagles. I'll take it. Of course we also are probably responsible for his crippling back issues so that kinda sucks :smith:

Sorry all those Cowboys fans never appreciated you Tony. I always liked you. Enjoy golf and TV.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

John Brown posted:

Guys...I'm really down about the way this all happened. These emotions may be premature but I'm really considering moving the Cowboys down a notch and finding a new #1 team to root for. Any suggestions?

Off the bat my runner-ups are: Broncos, Chiefs, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks, Steelers, and Texans.

As an Eagles fan, don't become an Eagles fan unless you're a masochist or have lost the ability to feel feelings.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/sbjsbd/status/849275666851876864

tony romo confirmed as greatest cowboys qb ever. thank you tony

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

This makes no loving sense to me from the Ravens side but hey cool a good player for almost no cost.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

BRING BACK THE FANTASY ANNOUNCERS

Those Yahoo fantasy announcers were the best announcing team I've ever seen. More TV broadcasts should embrace a funnier, less old white man style commentary track.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Is there a reason the Texans wouldn't take a shot with Cutler? He seems the best of a bunch of bad options and Cutler isn't that horrible a QB. He's certainly better than Osweiler-tier.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey, Dak Prescott fits all 4 criteria :colbert:

So did Wentz, I believe

Wasn't Wentz only a 2 year starter because he missed a year due to injury? Also he had a whole bunch of wins but I don't think he hit ~*23*~.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FAT BATMAN posted:

One of my friends who is a total football layperson saw an article about the Seahawks possibly trading away Richard Sherman and they're devastated that it might be true. How can I reassure them everything is going to be okay (as long as they don't trade him to the loving pats)?

Tell them the most important player on the team is the 12th man :smug:

Or that he's getting older and really expensive.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

Nnamdi had some bigger issues, but I'll agree on DCs. I'm coming around to the notion that "Defensive Coordinator" is the second-most important position on a team behind QB.

I really and truly think had Jim Johnson not died the Eagles would've had multiple Super Bowl wins.

gently caress cancer, man.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I've been hanging around D&D lately, trying to get my finger on the pulse of current events, and I get sad and upset when I see TFF regulars get screamed at and called bitchmade dumbass fucks. Mcmagic, Fiz and Volkerball seem to catch a lot of poo poo in particular lol

You should've seen it during primary season last year. It's actually a bit better now!

I hope the Eagles don't pull a Hillary and ignore the glaring needs at WR just because they brought in Jeffrey.

edit: Also how hosed is Eli? Is this "go to jail" bad or "Roger Goodell angrily shakes a finger at him" bad?

axeil fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 17, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

This is loving hilarious. I mean gently caress the Pats and all but if I had to make a list of cities that would be great at being the city everyone loves to hate and mercilessly making GBS threads on all the haters it'd be Philly and Boston.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Came here to laugh at this.

Patriots fans are the most aggrieved, sore winners I think I've ever seen, in any sport.

Just you wait.

When Carson Wentz has won his third MVP award in a row after back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl wins you will hate the city of Philadelphia just as much. We get loving obnoxious when we win*.

*citation: 2008-2012 Philadelphia Phillies fans

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

At least this year will be better. Probably a Raiders Falcons Superbowl. I'm okay with either of them winning.

This Year, The Year Two Thousand And Seventeen The Philadelphia Eagles Will Win A Super Bowl

(please please please please please)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

That'll just make it that much more impressive really.

http://www.theonion.com/article/eagles-fans-give-mcnabb-three-week-deadline-to-win-2280

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Bucs are doing hard knocks.

Lame. I was convinced it was gonna be us. Young popular QB, new coach, a city filled with insane people who love their team too much and would love watching all the drama, etc.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

He died doing what he loved, killing people

:golfclap:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shangri-Law School posted:

Teams whose owners donated to Trump's inauguration:

Patriots
Cowboys
Washington
Jets
Rams
Buccaneers
Texans
Jaguars (WTF :mad:)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/19/nfl-owners-rain-cash-on-trump-inaugural.html

So the evil teams and then for some reason the Texans and Jags too.

Intruder posted:

Shocked that the list isn't: Literally all except Mark Davis

Yeah but their fans voted for Scott Walker so

The Eagles are owned by one of those hollywood communists the GOP is always screaming about so I doubt he would've donated anything either.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
My theory about the Texans donating is some crazy plan to get Trump to invalidate Osweiler's contract prior to figuring out they could do a salary dump.

I think Khan just wanted some friends, any friends, anywhere to care about the Jaguars.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Pats fans are the loving worst.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Eagles play 0 teams off bye after playing what seems to be the entire league last season.

19-0 here we go!!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Volkerball posted:

Christmas football again!

Yo Volkerball, you're right, that game is gonna be sick. Eagles and Raiders on Christmas in Philly. I hope it snows.

And Santa is there :getin:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Unless a local affiliate offers a game I can only watch the London game. As if being a Browns fan weren't enough of an indignity. Sunday ticket is bullshit trash.

My friend, have you heard about our lord and savior Gamepass + Ad-free time?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

Get ready for not one but 3 bullshit finishes this season:

IND @ SEA on SNF 10/1
PHI @ SEA on SNF 12/3
ATL @ SEA on MNF 11/20

Seattle also has a TNF game but that one's in Arizona so it'll probably just be another 5-3 slog

I mean, the Eagles scoring a garbage time touchdown after being down 27-0 is definitely boring but I dunno if i'd call it bullshit.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chromatic posted:

holy poo poo hhahahahahahahahaha https://youtu.be/OSmM_io9_eQ?t=229

This is loving hilarious and pro-click.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

evilweasel posted:

i have some sympathy for the idea that if you can't manage to avoid testing positive for a test you know is coming a year in advance that doesn't say great things but boy howdy this is silly

Yeah, I mean pissing hot is definitely not a good thing but this is some real dumb hot takery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I am pretty sure he is holding an NES controller in that first picture.

Which means Brett Favre was playing friggin' Mario the day he was drafted. Would Favre have been a goon if the forums existed back then???

• Locked thread