Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

obviously i wouldn't trade Paul McGann for anything but the fact that Richard Griffiths was allegedly next in line after Sylvester pains me greatly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Big Finish finally posted the trailer for "The Ninth Doctor Chronicles". It's... something.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

jivjov posted:

The Judoon have some promise. The audio story with them was really well done.

They're just Not-Sontarans, I read the plot synopsis for the Big Finish set and I couldn't even remember who they were until I saw the cover art.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

someone brought up chris chibnall to colin baker at a con i was at this evening and he's still salty about the segment chris did on open air in the 80s lmao

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Watched Jamie Matheson do a live commentary of "Mummy" and he said the cigarette case full of jelly babies was 100% Capaldi's idea. He said "i would never put something like that in a script because it would be the same as saying 'We're big fans of Tom Baker and we wish you were him.'"

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

No I'm not gonna loving review that Tenth Doctor/Rose audio thing. Don't ask

it'll be out just in time for secret santa! :downs:

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

It seems inherently British to not want to keep the same acting job for very long. It's why they started losing people on Downton Abbey, they said they just wanted to do something else.

Contrast this with American Actors, who will keep the same acting job for decades if they land it. I'm looking at you, Kelsey Grammar and Mark Harmon.

to be fair, Frasier required way less running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

jivjov posted:

Ooh, now I hope someone gets McGann to read that speech at a convention. (Or not. I honestly feel a bit bad for the actors getting handed lines they've never seen before and expected to deliver them in character)

I wish people would do this but with monologues that have nothing to do with Doctor Who. Like somebody just walks up and hands Peter Davison a piece of paper with Christopher Walken's speech about the watch from "Pulp Fiction" on it

• Locked thread