Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

What about the Van Gogh monster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Davros1 posted:

No one's asking what/who's in the vault the Doctor and Nardole are protecting?

I think we're all agreed that we'll come to that mystery later. I do look forward to it!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

cargohills posted:

Also, there hasn't been a second series of Class yet.

It is weird everyone started talking about it again.

I didn't mind it, but it was no Doctor Who.

Still better than that K9 tv show

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jivjov posted:

Who was it that predicted a "second episode of Series 10 Big Finish sale"?

You were right.

Edit: Huzzah! I own them all!

Robophobia is included there, probably my favourite of the main range audios.

Enjoyed Smile, but yeah, ending was lacking slightly but I liked it. "Welcome to your new world, the situation isn't great, deal with it."

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Dabir posted:

Can't wait for the big idiot behind Forest to gently caress it all up next week.

Burkion posted:

Wait they let the Forest of the Night guy write another episode?

Why would you

Why would you ever

Nice overreaction you guys, and other idiots.

BSam fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 22, 2017

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Dabir posted:

Be fair Forest is uniquely, thoroughly awful and gave the distinct impression that the guy behind it had never written anything in his life and wasn't planning to start now. My statement was reasonable based on the evidence available.

Fair enough then.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Don't feel so bad about our australian Whovians programme anymore.

Is that you getting a shoutout at the end echoplex? if so that's pretty cool. Your work is awesome.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh, hey, woah.

At least it's giving Rove work.

gently caress Rove.

Tegan on the other hand I love the poo poo out of. Give her all the work.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jivjov posted:

I've been working my way through Jago & Litefoot....Encore of the Scorchies is amazing. I was honestly not expecting a full musical episode.

It is amazing, but the Companion Chronicles Scorchies episode is so much better.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I'm not quite sure how and why, but there's a new group doing fan doctor who audio stories.
I've actually voiced a part on an upcoming story, once it comes out, if it's not too terrible, I might link it to you guys.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

WHAT THE gently caress IS McCOY SOING IN SENSE8

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I enjoyed that. Agree with 4 for 4 so far, but that's probably not a surprise to anyone.

Anyone listen to the "binaural" thing? I think it didn't add much except for when the house starts knocking from a bunch of different places, and it was pretty awesome then.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Curious echoplex, in an episode without much in the way of screens and monitors, or signs and that, did you guys do much?

maybe signs in the estate agents and that, or the paintings of whassername, and that kind of thing?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

docbeard posted:

YOU WATCHED IT
YOU CAN'T UN-WATCH IT
(It being In The Forest of the Night)

Oh yeah, i remember that good episode.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I will say this episode has the best version of the "I'm the doctor, look me up" thing

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jivjov posted:

I just encountered a Facebook commenter holding up the Zygon 2-parter as "brilliant" and "the best Doctor Who has been". And I just wonder what show they've actually been watching.

it wasn't me, the zygon two parter is worse than that forest episode

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

The 10th Doctor starts to mention Jesus in a roundabout way in Planet of the Dead before getting cut off. You probably forgot because like the rest of humanity you tried to scrub that lovely, terrible episode from your brain.

what? is that the fun one with the flying bus and lee evans?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrL_JaKiri posted:

No, it's the horrible one with the flying bus and lee evans. I'm not sure I've seen the episode you're talking about.

:love:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It is a dumb premise, but I like to think of the President of Earth thing as the various governments just admitting that trying anything else goes badly. Any time he's gotten involved and they shunned his advice, people died. Any time they tried to stop him and do their own thing, people died. Any time the Doctor's gone up against the alien threat after their people died, the aliens died. Standard policy is now to stand the gently caress back and let the Doctor sort it out, because they've learned their goddamn lesson by now. The hard way.

Although judging by this episode, not enough of them have learned their goddamn lesson.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

Like a lot that Moffat does, the Doctor being bragadocious is one of those things that is frosting. Its fun, its a nice treat, its special the first time you have it...and then it becomes really old as a primary diet.

The Doctor's "largest library in the universe, look me up" line? "Even monsters have nightmares"? Those were kind of zingy lines. The speech at Stonehenge was also pretty good. But that was...five years ago? The entire reason it was appealing is that the Doctor usually acts so quiet. If his normal character is "Mr. Tough Stuff", it defeats the purpose.

i agree, the one used a week or so back was good, because they actually did look him up. but other than that, yeah gently caress it.

people have been giving dr who monologues to other dr who actors to read out and they've been great. i want the most 'i'm the loving doctor, ain't you ever heard of me? run you fucks!' that someone can find, and for them to give it to Five to read out. someone please make this happen

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

i'm sure i've seen that, thanks for linking it again

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

hahaha what the gently caress is this ^^ ?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Burkion posted:

I always took it at face value- the false memory would be where he came from, but he was clearly around in this time line as Yana for a pretty drat long time. And it would make sense that the Master, attempting to flee from the Time War, would regress to an actual child and hide away.

But it's not a big thing.

Rule one: the Doctor lies.
Rule two: the Master always loving lies.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah as they panned across the ship I had to wonder if echoplex had accidentally wandered back onto set and gotten confused :haw:

White Hole is one of my favorite Red Dwarf episodes, the scene where they try to have a conversation about what is going on is just fantastic writing.

So what is it?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

The elevators weren't actually *that* fast. You saw the floor counter slow down as it reached the top floor. That wasn't just the elevator slowing down, that was literally the time within the elevator slowing down.

One thing I was wondering about is why they always kept Bill's chest device hidden behind clothes. It made it seem like she didn't care enough about what was done to her to even take a look at it.

I know right, show us the robot tits!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

In the Episode White Hole Holly's IQ is boosted greatly from the usual 6000 all the way to 12000, however this is too much for her to handle, so her lifespan reduces to ~2 minutes, so she shuts herself down to conserve energy. The above statement is Rimmer trying to cram all the information he has into the short time she'll take to turn back off: WHITE HOLE SPEWING TIME, Engines Dead, Advice Please.

Oh poo poo I think you were just doing Holly's reaction to that outburst, I'm a loving idiot :v:

So what is it?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I need to watch that episode again. I only just remembered Talkie Toaster features.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Yes, that was a lot better than the "next time trailer" threatened it would be.

I do often exaggerate how good doctor who is, but yeah, this season only had one not so great episode. loving brilliant.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The best part of this season has been Burkion saying before most episodes "This has the potential to really upset/anger me, prepare for my rage" and then after each episode saying "yeah, that was good"

or words to that effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rochallor posted:

And I'm on the fence about David Bradley legit playing the First Doctor. He played a great Hartnell, but having him actually be the Doctor feels weird.

I'd be inclined to agree, but I think the casting of Hurndall opened the gates for this kind of thing, as long as it's done respectfully.

• Locked thread