Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

VikingSkull posted:

lol remember when Hillary called black people "superpredators"

no you see it's bernie who hates minorities. abuela is just trying to protect us from the "bad ones"

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
http://wallstreetpit.com/113170-anti-aging-pill-on-the-horizon-human-trials-this-fall/

They've cured aging in mice. Testing it on humans now. We're going to be stuck with the Baby Boom Generation for a long long long time ... well at least the rich ones who can afford the treatments ... like Trump and Clinton.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 13, 2017

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Gianthogweed posted:

http://wallstreetpit.com/113170-anti-aging-pill-on-the-horizon-human-trials-this-fall/

They've cured aging in mice. Testing it on humans now. We're going to be stuck with the Baby Boom Generation for a long long long time.

Hillary will be cursed with everlasting life but the inability to actually win a presidential election. The fate she deserves.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Gianthogweed posted:

They've cured aging in mice. Testing it on humans now. We're going to be stuck with the Baby Boom Generation for a long long long time ... well at least the rich ones who can afford the treatments ... like Trump and Clinton.

Trump Emperor of Mankind just became a lot more likely

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Gianthogweed posted:

have they cured high caliber bullet wounds in mice?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rezatahs posted:

:nsavince:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

rezatahs posted:

i dont think a high caliber bullet would "wound" a mouse so much as disintegrate it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Rutibex posted:

i dont think a high caliber bullet would "wound" a mouse so much as disintegrate it

so disintegration should also work then

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i just really hate mice :v:

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

Wowwww

I retroactively withdraw my hypothetical begrudging vote for Hillary, if I were an American.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

John McCain could have done better than that, cmon girl

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

It's sad that Americans are so dumb that we force noble sociopaths to have to act like they're just regular old people that love fun

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I hope she makes the news for opening another can of pickles

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
a pre-opened jar of pickles

sad grandma that can't pop that top

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Commercial news is not in the business of 'reporting facts', or informing the audience, or anything. Nobody at MSNBC gets paid based on how well-informed a global citizen they make their average viewer; they're entertainment there to get eyeballs, and what gets attention is conflict and confusion. There's actual real scientific controversies going on right now calling into question whether the research that gets treated with the most credibility is the best or merely that handled by those who know how to game the system but you're never going to hear anything about journal impact factor on CNN because it's a bunch of boring academics slapfighting and there's no broad characters or narrative tension. There's crazy research breakthroughs going on all the time but you state a fact and show a neat sciency picture if you can and it's over.

Some troglodyte yelling about the Scopes monkey trial, though, that's a fun story with a clearly digested plot arc they're confident in their ability to tell Joe Sixpack between commercial breaks, and while they're totally on the side of Science that that dude's a goofy throwback, the net effect of a bunch of smarmy well-groomed media pricks loving up basic factual points to beat on some poor bible-thumper and rebroadcasting snippets of his paranoid ranting is to convince a load of people who never really had cause to give the issue much thought that evolution a dumb lie the Man is telling to suppress the underdog truth. That guy keeps getting ratings so people start covering him in detail and bringing him on for interviews, some bottom-feeders looking to outflank the competition start 'covering the controversy' to pander to the other market, and the foundation of modern medicine is forevermore an unsettled issue to the people who vote on federal science funding.

It doesn't matter what 'side' commercial media ostensibly takes, it is always allied against truth and understanding, it will always introduce vagueness into the straightforward and make irreconcilable eternal battles of trivial disputes. If any issue is resolved, anything is known for certain, that's money out of their pockets. They cannot be used for good.

Needs more Jews but yeah

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Luxury Communism posted:

Posted this in "lol trump's fine" but it belongs in this thread too.

:golfclap:

now post it on DemocraticUnderground.com with the thread title "Alt-right Trump voters begin to regret their decision"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

lol remember when Hillary called black people "superpredators"

Lol she's so old politically that her at the time progressive views about black people are now racist.

Remember when she carried hot sauce in her purse?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Rubellavator posted:

Lol she's so old politically that her at the time progressive views about black people are now racist.

Remember when she carried hot sauce in her purse?

imagine Trump taking on a fake accent like this

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I literally can't imagine him attempting this.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

lmbo

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jesus tapdancing christ. And still people who consider themselves "leftist" stick up for her.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Goddamn. To me it's not even the "accent" that's the worst of it, but the soulless inflection betraying that she isn't even considering the meaning of what she's reading.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

youd think somebody that had spent so much time in bumfuck arkansas could at least affect a bit of a southern drawl

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Luxury Communism posted:

Posted this in "lol trump's fine" but it belongs in this thread too.

Hmm no compound words containing "-cucks" 4/5

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Im dying

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Blue Raider posted:

youd think somebody that had spent so much time in bumfuck arkansas could at least affect a bit of a southern drawl

You think she's going to talk to the help?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

shes a pretty lovely public speaker imo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Raider posted:

That video of the male actor imitating Hillary is pretty drat lol for this

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Blue Raider posted:

What do you mean by that?! Do you mean she's shrill? Hmmm? Because she's a WOMAN? HMMMMMM?

I learned it from watching you, C-SPAM

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blue Raider posted:

Not according to the millions of dollars she's made doing it.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
And Donald Trump makes the best buildings

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Rich idiots throwing money at her to say shell make them richer doesn't make her a good speaker

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

fair point but thats probably a product of what she's been and not her ability to rile a crowd and not sound like somebody reading the ingredient list off a bottle of windex

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Chomp8645 posted:

If you refer to the "speeches" devlivered to Goldman Sachs & co. that she collected "fees" for, that was just a euphemism for bribery.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know what? I'm NOT excited to see Hillary Clinton back in the news. She's a oval office.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I must have delivered that line too flatly but thank you guys for responding in earnest.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Chomp8645 posted:

I must have delivered that line too flatly but thank you guys for responding in earnest.

You gotta do it in a *looks around* *whispering* negro voice.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Southern Dandy is the only southern accent I can do and it's the only southern accent I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Accretionist posted:

Southern Dandy is the only southern accent I can do and it's the only southern accent I need.

• Locked thread