Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I am so happy this show is back. Ewan McGregor really looks like two completely different people, if I didn't know he was playing 2 characters I would have had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trying to get rich off of Bridge tournaments is midwestern as gently caress. God I love this show :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

I've never heard it off the internet either, it's apparently more of a west coast thing.

Flip a bitch is definitely something that is said in the midwest, I grew up in Michigan and it was commonplace when I hit driving age.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TraderStav posted:

U.P.? I grew up in metro Detroit and never heard that before. Living closer to mid Michigan now and still never heard it.

Nah, SE Michigan. It wasn't something that was said 100% of the time but everyone I knew definitely knew the phrase. Hmm...

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

I made it through seven episodes of the Young Pope and he never even fucks. Why would I watch a show about a Pope that doesn't gently caress?

I have never seen a single episode of The Young Pope, but if it isn't literally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmBHitRhGjI then I don't even care

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 23, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AbstractNapper posted:

I'm not a big car buff, but is Ray's Corvette supposed to be in a good state? Because from the close-ups and the interior it seems I guess decent. But when they first introduced it with the valet bringing it in front of Emmit's house, it kind of looked like a eroded metal trash can in the shape of a car.

No. I can almost guarantee that the bottom of that car is rusted out and the engine doesn't sound like it's in that great condition either. The paint job is also pretty poo poo looking too.
Assuming they salt their roads up there (I lived in MI and we salted the hell out of our roads in the winter) it can be extremely difficult to keep a car looking nice if you aren't on top of things.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Longbaugh01 posted:

As someone who was born and lived in Minnesota: You bet your rear end they salt the hell out of the roads up there and winter can last 3/5 of the year so cars get wrecked by rust.

:hf::smith: Some states use sand but man were winters brutal on my cars growing up.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"using her poontang to hoodwink and bamboozle" might be my favorite line of anything ever

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

That loving sex tape :xd:

No, for Pete's sake, I'm wearing a hooker wig! :3:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ray :smith: That stupid loving stamp.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Nikki Swango is a loving badass :swoon:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bates posted:

Not really sure how she knows to do the things that she does though.

She plays a lot of bridge, duh.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 15, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Barreft posted:

Can someone explain the love for Carrie Coon? She plays a good middle aged mom/cop in Fargo but I don't see what is making people go, "Oh I started watching because of Carrie Coon". Besides Leftovers is there something I'm missing here?

She's a good actress but I'm guessing I missed a few Bryan Cranston-esque shows/movies from her? I never even heard of her before Fargo this season.

I'm not being sarcastic at all, I feel like I've missed a Walter White type performance and I'd love to watch it.

You should watch The Leftovers. Not only is it a great show but Carrie Coon is fantastic in her role as Nora.

e: she's also very cool
https://twitter.com/carriecoon/status/874099167186079744

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 19, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't remember if it was ever mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but I read an interview with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and she said one of the first questions she asked Noah Hawley about the role of Nikki was "does she love Ray, or is she just using him", because she felt that was an important component of how she would play the part. And how she expected to get some cryptic non-answer, but instead was surprised when Hawley said "yes, she truly does love Ray" without hesitation. I thought that was really neat. :unsmith:

That is cool :unsmith: and is shown in how she plays Nikki

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Simpatico to the point of spooky.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Escobarbarian posted:

Wrench must be a huge idiot if it took him five years to track down Emmit

He had a briefcase full of 'gently caress you' money and was wanted for ?5? murders in that storage facility, plus Emmit was dealing with a bunch of stuff, I'd probably peace out for a while too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm curious, did anyone binge the season instead of watching it every week? While I enjoyed it I understand people's complaints and I wonder what people who watched it all at once think.

• Locked thread