Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm curious, did anyone binge the season instead of watching it every week? While I enjoyed it I understand people's complaints and I wonder what people who watched it all at once think.

I watched the first three episodes weekly, didn't like most of it so I stopped. Binged the rest over the last two days and while episodes 8+9 were pretty good, I think the season is bad compared to the first two. I agree with the general complains in the thread, the characters were too one-dimensional and the plot too thin. Unlike the first two seasons I don't remember ever having that "oh my god it's already over" feeling at the end of any episode. On the contrary more than once I thought an episode was over and there were still 10 minutes to go.

I also don't understand what's supposed to be so clever about the opening scene of episode one versus the final scene. Of course I am inclined to believe the civilian in the first scene because Stasi bureaucracy has a reputation of arresting innocent people and I know nothing about the civilian, he also sounds like a nice guy who is genuinely troubled.
And of course I think that Varga is a dirty liar, I just watched 10 episodes of TV establishing that and also he comes across as a complete rear end in a top hat in that scene.

Now some people consider this commentary on how we understand stories and how we perceive reality and I agree somewhat, but - like so many things this season - it's way too on-the-nose.

sicDaniel fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread