Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Also, it's one episode in and I hope Nikki and Ray(?) get out of this okay

I hope they get away with everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Because he was a no-nonsense fundamentalist Christian by the looks of it. Writing or even reading stories about aliens and amazing worlds beyond our own doesn't gel well with that usually. But he obviously still had some interest in it, because the show he watched (season 2 of Fargo) was also about aliens.

The dude won a Hugo award, there's no way his being a science fiction author was a secret.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

He used a pseudonym.

The award was in his house... she literally picked it up

My point is, we don't know yet what specifically about those books surprised her, but it doesn't make sense for it to be "my stepfather wrote science fiction books".

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 23, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You guys are seriously stretching. He's her stepfather, he has an award prominently displayed in his house. Everything about that suggests that his writing career is not a secret.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paladinus posted:

The song "Кукушечка" (Cuckoo) is in Russian, and he definitely says 'сядьте' (sit down) to the guy. Everything else is obviously in German.

He says "setzen" (german for sit)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo I haven't heard Peter and the Wolf since I was a kid

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dude what the gently caress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's a lot of references to Russia in this season huh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ray and Nikki gonna take down an international crime syndicate by accident

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AbstractNapper posted:

Also, was the point of the intro that none of the short stories were true, even though he declared them as such, and some people would still believe them exactly because of their absurdity or unlikelihood presented as a fact/ anecdote?

This is a ______ story.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Did they reveal that Ray had traded the stamps for that lovely car before last episode?

A depressing reveal.

It was in the first episode.

The key difference I think is that in the first episode, Emmit denied that he had manipulated Ray into the trade, and now he finally admitted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

But whats the VM stand for

• Locked thread