Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
For being a creative type, duder seems to have a hard time wrapping his head around how big a shock it would be for a character to realize that they're a character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Darth Walrus posted:

You're only saying this because he'd get gruesomely murdered halfway through the second date, aren't you?

When you put it that way now I want him to date her too

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think this show is almost really really good

Like maybe 55%-60%

Sadly I think the part that trips it up seem to be inherent to the writing/plot of it, so I doubt that missing portion is going to be made up for

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

HenryEx posted:

Bring in someone from the Mighty Ducks. Someone from Mummies Alive, TMNT, Extreme Dinosaurs, Gargoyles, whatever. I wanna see Xanatos show up

This show takes place in 201X.

They don't even have a Dragonball, City Hunter, Fist of the North Star or Doraemon expys. The most old school creations are "People are still ripping off Gundam 40 years later" Kanoya and "What if we superificially took the elements of Jojo we liked without all the texture and personality that makes it interesting" Mirokuji

You'd have a better chance of ___________ The Hedgehog showing up

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

chiasaur11 posted:

Also, Sota apparently topped the Newtype polls this month. I haven't watched the last few episodes, so did I miss him suddenly being replaced by Reigen Arataka or Joseph Joestar or summat when I wasn't looking? Because otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss.

It's not just that he's bland, but he also doesn't, you know, accomplish anything. He's just there.

The male Newtype polls have always been dominated by the absolute most tedious, milquetoast, boringest-common-denominator bullshit like him, the brown haired Gundam Destiny, the Black Swordsman who is actually a lovely nerd and not a swordsman, Light Novel Hero X, etc.

I like to think that the only times there's an actually cool dude on there it's because all the horny fangirls are expressing their thirst. God bless 'em!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I honestly think part of the problem with the show is Rei Hiroe. The guy's got good ideas and is a very talented artist but... being concise and getting loving on with it are not his greatest strengths.

and that's why Jormungand is better than Black Lagoon

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Archer666 posted:

Dear sir I will not let this insult stand.

Ridiculously-well-animated-and-drawn-with-a-lot-of-details pistols at dawn!

if it's anything like that roberta arc, dawn is going to span a period of 18 hours

and if it's anything like re:creators, we'd get to the point to dawn, there'd be a snarky flashback episode, then we'd each pull the trigger, but the shot will not be depicted and instead there'd be an interview with our voice actors

i want keith david to voice act me

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
if the whole show was moments like the end of this week, or moments executed that well, this show would be freaking great

But stuff like that is like maybe 1/10th of the show. The rest is underwhelming action, regurgitated exposition, and character stuff about characters that aren't that good

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
On one hand, I don't really care if the world gets destroyed because it's not that good a world and I don't really care about any of the characters in it

On the other hand, I loving hate Altair and her stupid lovely chuuni... everything, so I want her to lose.

This week's episode had enough happening in it that I enjoyed it somewhat. Kinda funny how we've basically lost two of the most prominent creations. I wonder if Meteora is going to survive the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
i think i may hate this show now

it was one thing when altair was a bad chuuni fantasy of nihilistic bullshit, that had entertainment value in a superficial "lol stupid" way

but for her to be that BUT ALSO a moon eyed crybaby the second she meets her mommy...

The entire emotional side of this show strikes me as weepy and melodramatic in the worst way. Not necessarily in an unrealistic way, but just realistic in the way I would expect from unpleasant people that I hate?

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 10, 2017

• Locked thread