Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

What, did the third episode already come out?

No, all this is from 1 and 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I loving loved Selesia not knowing about events that's happening in her manga because she's from the anime, that's an amazing gag

I also loved that she demonstrated the wisdom to know that pursuing that information would probably be a terrible idea. A character in any other show would immediately be fixated on changing their future.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

Is anyone else having problems with the meek doormat protagonist?

I don't think he's really supposed to be the protagonist here. He even says he's just the narrator at the beginning.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

The fictional characters bringing up how tastes and smells are muted in their worlds because they're under described in the media is a clever touch.

In that case characters from cooking manga would probably be incredibly disappointed with our typical food selection.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

chumbler posted:

I don't know why the magic horse makes motorcycle sounds, but it's fine by me.

Obviously the horse identifies as a motorcycle. Mystery solved.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

paragon1 posted:

Man I hope the authors aren't actually responsible for creating these worlds because that's one hell of a moral cross to bear if you went all grimdark.

Like do you really want to find out that you've got what happens in the world of Berzerk on your hands?

Are you kidding? Berzerk's author would probably be like, "My only regret is that I didn't make you suffer more."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Any given Berserk character: "You mean... there's no hosed up demons or evil gods here? And everyone isn't constantly getting raped or otherwise brutalized? I AM NEVER GOING BACK gently caress MIDLAND"

*Sees a life-size anime pillow*

I have reconsidered.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Yeah. I actually liked the substance of Meteora's experience, I just wish they could have found any other way to deliver it to the viewer than a monologue.

The exposition was so boring that it seemed like they were going full on NGE budget cut slideshow. Even for someone who usually doesn't mind talky shows, I found myself thinking, "Okay, when are you going to do stuff?"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Infinity Gaia posted:

This show continues to be so... Slow. It has such an interesting premise but it's still failing to do much with it. I really do hope it shapes up but I'm losing faith. When I start to lose interest halfway through an episode things are pretty rough going.

They really could have condensed all of those points into 3 episodes if they removed the redundancies.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

At least it's kind of refreshing to see a relatively competent government organization for once. I expected them to be antagonistic, but they were somewhat on top of things.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kanos posted:

Holy poo poo, why???

It's like they're trying to destroy this show on purpose.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show still manages to be very boring. It's like they animated a LN without bothering to adapt it at all. Maybe I'll pick it up again after the run ends.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Vengarr posted:

I still think there's something going on with the animation studio/production process. The first episode was spot-on.

I'm still waiting for a better scene than Selesia jacking that car and figuring out how it works while driving. Character development and plot at the same time?

I haven't seen a show do such a nosedive from the first episode in awhile.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kanos posted:

Yeah, I know, it's just "gritty film noir hitman" and "loading a gravity explosive into a revolver" already don't scan together to begin with so gently caress it he has a flying watch too.

Nah, he'd fit in perfectly well with a WW2 setting with leanings toward the occult.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

You're only saying this because he'd get gruesomely murdered halfway through the second date, aren't you?

I think I've seen that movie.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mordja posted:

I'll just come out and say it; this show is way to self-serious for something as inherently wacky as "anime/video game characters invade the real world." Cliche as it is, there been almost no strangers in a strange land moments, most everyone adapted to modern Japanese society quickly and easily, and eight episodes in there have only been three real, brief fights. It's all po-faced speeches about reality breaking down and "no, I hate this rotten world, DAD!"

I think it's going for more of a Madoka vibe than inherently wacky.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Too bad we'll never find out why she has shark teeth..

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

How does this show manage to be so impressively boring? I watch it and find myself thinking, "This should be interesting," but somehow, it isn't. Magane could be an interesting character, but she constantly speaks in nonsense and drones on and on.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Asimo posted:

Well, I gave it a good attempt, made it seven episodes, and I'm done with this I think. Maybe I'll give it another go once the run's finished if I hear it picks up later, but as it is it's just kinda bad. It's way too "light novel", and not in the fun schlocky kind of way but in the dreary, tedious manner where you can't even enjoy the badness. People have brought up the :words: issue already but that's really just a symptom... most of the actual issues include the plot is as shallow as a tidepool and thoroughly predictable, the character interactions are either one-note or painfully forced cliche poo poo like "character keeps secret because the plot demands it", and the exposition just feels like the author is deeply in love with their worldbuilding that isn't a tenth as interesting as they seem to think it is.

There's lots of other stuff with the design and direction that are kind of... mediocre and off-putting too. This is kind of a subjective example and I'm sure someone will rush to disagree, but the character design is horrible. Take a look at the cast, and now assume you knew nothing about the show's premise... with the exception of maybe Mamika, would you honestly assume they came from different worlds, let alone entirely different genres? And everything else seems to have that same sort of half-assed direction to it, and it's impossible to ignore once you realize it. I managed to stick with it for this many episodes because the premise is interesting, but wow they've basically just squandered it in mediocrity.

Okay yeah that review came off harsher than I was planning, but ugh.

I expect this show will be used as a future case study for how NOT to write something.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

darkgray posted:

Welp, regretting that I didn't post "Why don't they just tweet the illustration?" earlier, but so it goes.

This show isn't very good, is it. The characters are just so frustratingly tiresome.

The first episode was so much fun. It's like they thought up the premise for the first couple episodes and promptly ran out of ideas.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

darkgray posted:

This still just comes down to whether you enjoy watching idiots bumble around, then? If I thought that was entertaining, I'd just reread my own post history. :(

Why do you have panties as your avatar?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tamba posted:

By introducing a bunch of new characters, as confirmed in this interview
http://recreators.tv/special/interview/cast_interview_02.html

Oh no. This show is a complete trainwreck.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kwyndig posted:

Oh jeeze, I thought maybe this show would be a forgettable 12 episode trainwreck, but this... this is something horrible. I can't imagine how the plot will even stand up to having more people shoved into it because the plot is barely there as it is.

Are shows this short ever cancelled mid-season? I could see that happening here if there is precedent.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

mabels big day posted:

i think adding an assload of characters can only make it better

That's what the writer of Bleach thought too.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe Altair is trying to destroy the anime world by making RE: Creators a bad anime that no one will continue to watch.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Annointed posted:

Well I'd call it stupid, if it weren't for the fact I'm living in the only country that fell for that bullshit and now has the most unqualified administration ever.

I didn't know you could post from North Korea.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nephthys posted:

Ahahaha, so they're going to create Re:Creators inside Re:Creators and beat Altair by writing themselves beating her in real time.

PEAK META.

:aaaaa:

I dropped this show maybe 5 episodes ago, but maybe I should pick it back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dzhay posted:

...why are you in this thread?

I just want to see how bad it gets without an actual time investment.

• Locked thread