Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

What fine colors and logo would you recommend for a privileged man who has never started the playoffs without being able to watch his own team?

Preds and Caps are the teams to cheer for this year.

I do think that whomever wins the Preds va Hawks series is the team going to the cup finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

You're forgetting the Sharks Leafs Oilers and Hawks

? I said whomever wins Preds vs Hawks. Also, The Leafs are in the east.

I guess I should specify: whomever wins Preds vs Hawks will be the western conference team in the finals. The Sharks haven't been playing well lately, and i don't think the other teams in the west would beat the either team in a series.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

I meant teams to cheer for

Oh, my bad.

Teams I want to win in order of rank:
Preds
Blues
Caps
Sharks
Jackets
Wild

And these teams I am actively rooting against: Pens, Hawks, Bruins and Canadians. Screw the Pens, Bruins and Hawks, and I don't want Montreal to get rewarded on the Subban trade.

The rest I'm indifferent to. I'm stubborn and think Preds have a good shot, maybe I'm being unrealistic. Blues I would love but i don't think they'll make it far if even out of the first round.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wait, so I guess it worked since they won, but why did the Penguins start Fleruy in net? I thought I saw even Sullivan saying Murray was starting? Or did I misread that?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Fleury leads Penguins to Stanley cup finals, Murray gets drafted by Vegas.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Late to Preds chat, but I've been to games in Philly, Nashville, St Louis and Chicago so far, and non have been close to Preds games. Great fans and the chants are actually great when you're there.

Anytime my wife and I hear "there one minute left in __ period" we automatically go "thanks Paul!"

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

Torts took the CBJ from 8th to 3rd in the Metro and a gain of 30-some points.

I'm still figuring they might find a way to give it to Babcock Because Toronto. Weren't the Leafs expected to be a bubble team this season (i.e., they met expectations)?

They'll factor in Columbus crashing in the playoffs vs the maple leafs already making a decent showing.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Doc Emerick is great. And they had a short background documentary on him a year or so ago that was pretty good.

Pierre is awful, but so easy to make fun of. Bobby Ryan asking him "where am I from....cherry hill New Jersey" is easily going to be the best part of this years playoffs.

Most of the others blow. Gary Thorne never bothered me.

Edit: on a random note: the retail store I used to work at had John LeClair visit again today (he buys all his phones there). I was sad today I switched stores. I did sell his wife her last phone, so that is my closest hockey contact (I was to much of a pussy to bring up hockey).

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 27, 2017

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

preds are dumb and bad and so is Tennessee

Wrong. Tennessee itself is meh, but Nashville is awesome and Preds are awesome.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Infidel Castro posted:

The Nashville Predators are going to win the the Stanley Cup.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

From what I've seen of Nashville, it looks like a honky-tonk, country music version of Columbus, only the latter doesn't have any shrines celebrating the South.

e- I'm trying to validate this by looking through the photo gallery of things to do on VisitMusicCity.com and the photo slideshow is like that South Park parody alcohol ad: "Country! Music! Live music! Country music! Music that is country! A bar! Did you know there's country music here? Obscure hot chicken! Honky-tonk! Opryland! Midwest! Twang!" No mention of the psychopath riding the horse with his firearm, though.

Country is certainly a part of nashville, but it's really not the entire city at all. It's just the 5 blocks downtown and few blocks on 2nd and 3rd. Otherwise, it actually has a legit diverse amount of music.

I'm just saying, I lived there 5 years, I hate country, and just avoided country. And if you are forced to be downtown, or want to walk to a bar after the Preds game, it isn't anything groundbreaking, but Broadway Brewhouse is at least a normal bar in the sea of terrible country.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Yep.

Almost feels like the Pens threw game six to gently caress with the Caps.

Like a cat playing with a mouse.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

You son of a bitch

It's true.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wonderllama posted:

I dare say that the Nashville Predators are gonna win the Stanley cup.

Fixed that for you.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Flyinglemur posted:

You know what I think Vegas needs? An Ovechkin.

Washington should just trade their entire team to Vegas for full rights to do the expansion draft themselves. Full nuclear.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spanky69 posted:

Vegas would then win the Cup next year and the meltdowns in DC would be hysterical

You forgot the best part: Vegas still runs into Pittsburgh in the Stanley cup finals, sweeps them in 4 games, Ovie gets an "Ovechtrick" in the final game.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

lol imagine if ottawa sweeps the pens

Didn't one person here pick Ottawa sweeping as a throw away bet?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
With the Preds going up 2-1 in the series, I figure I should put their chants that I know down so you have them.

Tell me if I miss any. For reference Paul is the Preds announcer.

Edit: forgot about the beginning of the game: at the beginning of the game Paul announces the opposing team starting lineup. The response is "SUCKS" the each player name, and then when Paul goes "coach whomever" the response is "HE SUCKS TOO."

When Preds score:

-Tim McGraw song

-Black keys "gold on the ceiling" with crowd chanting "hey! You suck!" 3 times. Then "we're gonna beat the hell out of you! You! You you you!"

-a few moments late: "that's 2! Thank you (goalie name), can we have another? He shoots, he scores, you suck!"

-then a few moments later: "(chants goalie name 3 times)." Then "You Suck! It's all your fault! it's all your fault! it's all your fault!"

When Nashville goes on a power play:

Paul goes "your Nashville Predators are (crowd joins in) ON.....THE....POWERPLAY!"

Penalty kill:

Paul announces the penalty, and Paul goes "(opposing team) is on the.....power play..." and crowd responds "and they still suck!"

Near end of he period, Paul will go "there's one minute left in the period" and the crowd responds "Thanks Paul!"

Edit 2: end of game if Preds win:
-"Hands go Up Song! "
-"Hey! You suck!" 3 times
- "we just beat the hell out of you! You! You you you!"

Other notes:
-The Preds organist is Krazy Kyle. He is awesome.
-Gnash is the best mascot
-Nashville is awesome.

Random hockey memory: i was there for a game where the Preds thanked Jason Arnott, and the Fans chanted a chant of "Arnott, Artoo," (get it?) which was a great chant as well.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 17, 2017

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think I've posted it before, but I've been to hockey games in Philly, Nashville, St Louis and Chicago (gently caress the Blackhawks), and while games elsewhere are good, Nashville is both the most fun, and goddamn do they get loud when poo poo gets crazy.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Krime posted:

Did you intentionally leave out "FANG FINGERS" or did they stop doing that?

No lie, I was re capping what the list to my wife over the phone (she's out of town) and her first response was asking about Fang Fingers. Not sure how I missed it. drat.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

lol what a stupid goddamn city and team

Incorrect.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fits posted:

make it so each playoff team can only get one loaned player, each non-playff team can only loan one player, and the compensation is predetermined as a conditional pick 2nd/1st (in that years draft if possible) depending on how far they get. the couple days between the end of the season and start of the playoffs would be :munch:

Through whatever karma, Taylor Hall still wouldn't play in the playoffs.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

https://twitter.com/MelnykEugene/status/865307510055587840

Melnyk finally found someone more hated than him in Ontario. He's just so happy.

Who's the girl?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me.

Is Forseberg a center or winger ? I know he's been playing wing, but I thought he was able to do center.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it , move Subban to first line center. We have enough defense men anyway.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

I've learned in the last 24 hours the Pens don't need a bunch of their guys and the Preds don't need Johansen and Fisher.

Preds must have taken notes from the Pens last year. Key to winning the Cup isn't your core team. It's having really good AHL/young players to replace your main injured players when they go down in the playoffs.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Siroc posted:

Kesler wears a bathing suit when he showers.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Thufir posted:

Replace all confederate monuments with P.K. Subban statues imo.

Replace the naked statues on Demonbreun with PK statues while you're at it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

st louis MO AKA the place from where US grant began his retributive campaign against the southern insurrectionists

My wife is from St Louis, there's actually a possibility we are moving there, and there are definitely parts of the South that suck. But I don't know if I would go as far as to say St Louis > Nashville as a city.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Most places I've lived the seedy side of town and the rich side had a pretty clear buffer between them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure there is a buffer. St Louis just happens to use the entire loving Mississippi river as said buffer.

The only main rule I know is stay west of the Mississippi.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ginette Reno posted:

Personally I suspect the Penguins are going to lift the Stanley Cup

We're past the trade deadline, there is no way the Penguins could trade for PK at this point so that could happen.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mich posted:

It's not American cheese, it's provel, a similar product using cheddar, provolone, and swiss cheese. More disturbingly, there is no yeast used in the dough, it's like a cracker crust.

IMO's pizza is awesome.

For Nashville pizza chat, holy hell do I miss Jets pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
With all the talk of the Weber and Subban trade, no one has talked about what this series will show: who the real winner of the Neal and Hornquist trade are.

(Is Hornquist coming back this playoffs)?

• Locked thread