Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
While it's true that both the RNC and DNC have been coopted by private interests, it's cute that people still argue that the party that openly and explicitly states its goal is to enrich the elites at the expense of the poor is somehow no worse than Democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The party that is useless at consolidating power and intimidating its enemies yet, by an overwhelming aggregate, advocates for the poor rather than trying to fleece and imprison them, is Just As Bad.

And I thought I was jaded, jesus christ. No reason to support local candidates or write your representatives either, huh? #Helpless #ThoughtsAndPrayers #NothingWeCanDo #EverythingHappensForAReason #Inshallah :tif:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
So, what's your plan, vote the accelerationist ticket so we can fast-forward to food riots?

How many of you have written your representatives in Congress to end SNAP/EBT? That's $70,000,000,000 annually that could be diverted into tax cuts for the top 0.5%.

Be The Change You Want To See In The World!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Can someone with a Poe's Law meter hook it up and tell me the reading?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Sephyr posted:

As a foreigner, it's kinda mind-bending to watch the dance of both major US parties.

GOP runs a strong candidate? Democratic establishment goes "We need to lean right so we won't be left behind."

GOP runs a weak bufffoon? "We need to lean right to pick up the moderate conservatives the republicans are leaving out!"

Has there been any other party to repulsed by its own alleged base and ideals? It never seemed to me that the Republicans truly worried if stopping abortion and killing the government was popular with the nation at large; it was what their base wanted, so it was what they sold, and they never looked back. In contrast, the Dems seem to barely be able to wait before dropping everything that engages their own base the moment they get near elected office. I don't think I've seen any GOPer tell his crowd "hey now, getting rid of Roe v. Wade is a pipe dream.", but I can find a list of dems making GBS threads on UHC as long as my arm in under a minute.

All in all, it's amazing how much "GOP policies, only 5% less cruel" has endured as the liberal playbook.

This historical document sums it up succinctly:

• Locked thread