Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Can someone with a Poe's Law meter hook it up and tell me the reading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Condiv posted:

the allegations are completely word of mouth from a ranking member of the vt gop

Isn't that just referring to the allegations the Sanders' office pressured the bank to approve the loan?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sneakster posted:

I feel like this is going to be remembered when people ask how the radicalized white nationalists with a charismatic leader and the support of big business overthrew democracy claiming it to be weak and useless.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ8ERBr9yKI

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
He's a private citizen now!

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/342074-obama-raises-millions-from-first-corporate-donors-for-presidential-foundation

also lol at all the people who brought her up as an alternative to tulsi earlier in the thread

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/886432775129227264

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 16, 2017

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
The democrats are a waste

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

:whitewater:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

A winning message?

Wait.

Wait, is that the one that actually won?

Jesus loving Christ no wonder satire is dead.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

kamala harris believes in uhc. by which she means obamacare, which fixed will become uhc. but not with a public option cause kamala harris doesn't like that. obamacare just needs fixed and people will have healthcare (and insurance companies will be happy :peanut:)

she also wants to protect businesses from being sued, cause all those mean people sue businesses too much.finally, she'll be taking millions from wall street just like hillary, but you can be assured that will not affect how pro-wall street she is!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The entire idea of a "Clinton inner circle" that is vetting people for 2020 is basically "the democrats are a waste" in a nutshell, isn't it?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd say to start discrediting these people ASAP, but that didn't stop Hillary. Even after literally praising slavery.

Hm, suggestion: try to turn the meme around on them and push 'unelectable centrist'.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 16, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'd say to start discrediting these people ASAP, but that didn't stop Hillary. Even after literally praising slavery.

Hm, suggestion: try to turn the meme around on them and push 'unelectable centrist'.

No one called her out for being pro-slavery until 2017.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Better late than never.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Inescapable Duck posted:

kamala harris is pro slavery too! this must be a very important issue for the democratic establishment

:thunk:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

Despite being less than seven months into her new job as senator, Harris is already said to be the Democrats’ top fund-raiser and is being talked about as a 2020 presidential hopeful.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
As long as frightening amounts of money are required for running for public office, I think the Clinton Family's "inner circle" will continue to have a lot of influence. Otherwise, many of these politicians witth national ambitions are going to feel like they're running into a big gunfight without enough ammunition.

I know that people will counter that you can use technology to tap into big grassroots fundraising and youthful fundraising, but I think that, to some level, you will need to be ready to game the system in order to win the nomination.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, Harris is pushing her messaging more to the left on health care, but at the same time, she has done very little to nothing to actually push for health care in California. I do think that there is going to be a push to move most messaging left-ward in the run-up to 2020, but in all honesty I think Harris herself is still very much an establishment dem.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if Dems will try to shame Bernie out of running again if Harris is the establishment choice

"WOW! Bernie Sanders REALLY doesn't want a woman to become president!" - Huffington Post, April 2019

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Trabisnikof posted:

No one called her out for being pro-slavery until 2017.

lmao except for literal decades

it's not like some kind of massive surprise that HRC is a racist slavery supporter, she campaigned for barry goldwater

what would be more accurate is to say that liberal america completely ignored any of her race issues because it didn't fit their preferred narrative

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I'm nearly finished with perlstein's book on Goldwater and if anything attracted her to him it was Goldwater's love of war.

dude had a priapism about nuclear war

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

WampaLord posted:

The entire idea of a "Clinton inner circle" that is vetting people for 2020 is basically "the democrats are a waste" in a nutshell, isn't it?

Your av is the answer

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

Wait.

Wait, is that the one that actually won?

Jesus loving Christ no wonder satire is dead.

You've got to be kidding me, I thought that was a goon edit.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Oh you wish. I thought it was from an Onion article at first, but no, all those stickers were real, official things. The fact that was the one that won is so far beyond ridiculous I can barely fathom it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Let the record show that the Democrats chose accelerationism as their campaign strategy.

May God have mercy on their historic base of support.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
UK's putative left-wing party gets "For the Many, Not the Few" and Democrats in the US are stuck with poo poo-eating communications majors who land on "hey have you seen the other guys :q:

Like I have to admit I laughed when the DNC's favorite intern lost the most expensive Congressional election in history. It'll be a different kind of laughter when Democrats lose seats in 2018 though.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
If they lose any more then the Republicans can call a Constitutional Amendment all by themselves and there's not a drat thing anyone else can do about it. The Democrats are so far beyond a joke that they're just outright a danger to the nation as it stands with their incompetence.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
https://twitter.com/NRCC/status/882697649471844352

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

Oh you wish. I thought it was from an Onion article at first, but no, all those stickers were real, official things. The fact that was the one that won is so far beyond ridiculous I can barely fathom it.

So I tried to look for those lovely stickers on the DCCC's website and stumbled on to their donation page:

:v:

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 16, 2017

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
As a foreigner, it's kinda mind-bending to watch the dance of both major US parties.

GOP runs a strong candidate? Democratic establishment goes "We need to lean right so we won't be left behind."

GOP runs a weak bufffoon? "We need to lean right to pick up the moderate conservatives the republicans are leaving out!"

Has there been any other party to repulsed by its own alleged base and ideals? It never seemed to me that the Republicans truly worried if stopping abortion and killing the government was popular with the nation at large; it was what their base wanted, so it was what they sold, and they never looked back. In contrast, the Dems seem to barely be able to wait before dropping everything that engages their own base the moment they get near elected office. I don't think I've seen any GOPer tell his crowd "hey now, getting rid of Roe v. Wade is a pipe dream.", but I can find a list of dems making GBS threads on UHC as long as my arm in under a minute.

All in all, it's amazing how much "GOP policies, only 5% less cruel" has endured as the liberal playbook.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sephyr posted:

As a foreigner, it's kinda mind-bending to watch the dance of both major US parties.

GOP runs a strong candidate? Democratic establishment goes "We need to lean right so we won't be left behind."

GOP runs a weak bufffoon? "We need to lean right to pick up the moderate conservatives the republicans are leaving out!"

Has there been any other party to repulsed by its own alleged base and ideals? It never seemed to me that the Republicans truly worried if stopping abortion and killing the government was popular with the nation at large; it was what their base wanted, so it was what they sold, and they never looked back. In contrast, the Dems seem to barely be able to wait before dropping everything that engages their own base the moment they get near elected office. I don't think I've seen any GOPer tell his crowd "hey now, getting rid of Roe v. Wade is a pipe dream.", but I can find a list of dems making GBS threads on UHC as long as my arm in under a minute.

All in all, it's amazing how much "GOP policies, only 5% less cruel" has endured as the liberal playbook.

The secret is to realize Democrats are Republicans who don't want to get their hands dirty, so they let the other Republican party win and do all the work.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Sephyr posted:

Has there been any other party to repulsed by its own alleged base and ideas?

The Republican Party during reconstruction actually. After the civil war, everyone but a handful of radicals had grand dreams of forming a national party with moderate democrats. the result was 100 more years of white supremacy in the south

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Do they though? Do they?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Sephyr posted:

Part of the problem here is that Democrats have given up on actually evangelizing for policies. Whether that's because the Democratic leadership doesn't actually want those policies isn't something I really want to get into, but it doesn't matter because the end result is the same: Republicans are the only ones actually pushing any kind of message. Moderates who desperately want to appear reasonable are losing ground because there's no one on the national stage pushing back against conservatism and saying "actually, these slightly left-of-center policies are good." Republicans will outright lie to convince their base and anyone else who might listen that the things they're doing are going to benefit everyone while Democrats barely bother to promote their legitimately progressive platform. It's insane. At some point moderates in the US forgot that you can't actually have a political center without functional parties on both sides of the aisle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Thunk.gif

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

Kokoro Wish posted:

guys im coming around to the idea that the democrats are a waste

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, Harris is pushing her messaging more to the left on health care, but at the same time, she has done very little to nothing to actually push for health care in California. I do think that there is going to be a push to move most messaging left-ward in the run-up to 2020, but in all honesty I think Harris herself is still very much an establishment dem.

I'm curious, what do you think a State Attorney General should do to improve healthcare.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

YodaTFK posted:

I'm curious, what do you think a State Attorney General should do to improve healthcare.

she's a senator now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

A winning message?
We're going to loving lose next year.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Ah, so this is how America officially turns into a Theocracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU