Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

What is it with leftists getting suckered by Politico headlines? I think Sarah Jones stumbles on one a week.

Read the article. Markos kinda calling him a dick is as bad as it gets. Also, there's this:

quote:

Staffers and aides are willing to give him time, for now. But they worry that Sanders won’t decide until too late for many of them to be able to go to other campaigns if he sits 2020 out, and that frustrates them. They worry that he hasn’t processed what really running again would entail, and is convinced it would be lightning in a bottle again.

“From the senior leadership on down, one of the biggest problems we faced was not enough middle management who knew that and now he has a real opportunity to lock those people down now, whether through Our Revolution or his Senate campaign, and there doesn’t appear to be any effort to do that,” said one member of his 2016 campaign.

drat you Bernie staffers! How dare you besmirch his name!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Steampunk Hitler posted:

This guy is running against Paul Ryan and wow is his ad pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zAyPRbels

Maudlin, Capra-esque crap. But hey, FUNNY MAN WITH A MUSTACHE, so BKN leftists get the giggles.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

A bit of bad news about the 'stache.

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/840242514942672896

This is not a dealbreaker for me. It shows that we have work to do on Randy. Bernie had to come around to BLM and get educated by his electorate, this is nothing new. I mean, it takes work to know that David Frum/Mensch/the rest of these people are actual scum. They get treated with respect by institutions.

Given the close ties elected wingnuts have to Breitbart, Alex Jones, whackadoo megachurches, various post-Klan offshoots in the South, etc., I have no problem with mustache guy being a loony toon on the tweets.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Skex posted:

Oh and what is wrong with people with this whole "Replace Pelosi" nonsense. She's literally one of the founding members of the Progressive Caucus you nitwits so if you claim to be a leftist while calling for her to be replaced you are just doing the DLC and Blue dog's dirty work.

Nancy Pelosi won't successfully destroy capitalism, and is also vilified by Republicans, so we must replace her with someone that 1) will not be vilified by Republicans; and 2) will successfully destroy capitalism. Yes, these two can absolutely live in harmony because thingy

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tulsi is going to be a nobody in 5 years.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Our Revolution hasn't done anything of note in my state since like March. Them snarky tweets though.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Condiv posted:

as opposed to the dems who haven't done anything of note since november 8th :D

har har, lol dems, Hamala Karris.

My friend, I want Our Revolution to be more than it is. I'm not opposed to it. But when my local one can't rear end itself to get moving on anything*, I'm going to criticize. Yes, yes, Online Solidarity, don't let the neolibs see us fight, I'm a traitor to leftism, etc., etc. Christ.

"Know why the Dems suck? All they say is 'we're better than Republicans'."
mild criticism of a leftist group
"YEAH BUT STILL BETTER THAN DEMS"

* That's not fair of me, they supported a DSA candidate who got elected in a bipartisan city council in a newly created small town, so yay.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

If I added a "whoop-de-loving-do" on the end of that post, would you have gotten it?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

At least being a dick to McCain would me some kind of fleeting sense that we're even the same species.

Same, unfooooooortunately...

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/889928988537303041

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Completely misquote Nancy Pelosi" is now a cottage industry, I swear. And Jeff Stein is its Thomas Kinkade.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Caucuses are utter poo poo.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Clinton's not running in 2020.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Left: Universal healthcare is a good thing.
Alt-left: Richard Spencer believes in universal healthcare coughforwhitescough so he is better than Dems.

Left: Bernie
Alt-left: TYT

This isn't hard

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I should note that it's the way I've always used it, but if I gotta come up with a new word, so be it.

Michaeltraceyists.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

readingatwork posted:

They're willing to criticize Democrats.

Cenk's a genocide denier, Jordan peddled the Seth Rich conspiracy, Tracey was a goddamn Jim Webb/Rand Paul fanboy, Nomiki is objectively stupid, but hey, solid gang there, I will join my Republican financier betters and throw them some money

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ze Pollack posted:

perhaps the democrats could propose doing something for us to support

like single payer

just spitballing here

Agreed, and if they don't, perhaps your local DemSoc/Greens/whoever can

1) Actually run someone who
2) Isn't a buffoon

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah it seems like you're just a centrist rear end in a top hat who enables Trump.

Happily voted Bernie. (Unlike most of Georgia.)

Cranks need to be called out. I don't subscribe to the "don't let the kids see us fighting" poo poo some other leftists do.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Futuresight posted:

They even go for the no violence is good even against nazis bullshit centrists love.

I'm not a centrist; I'm all for violence against Nazis, so that's another strike.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I wouldn't say at all that the Democrats are avoiding healthcare as an issue.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ze Pollack posted:

They've been quite vocal on the subject of Trumpcare being bad.

Now, on the subject of actually doing anything themselves, or even conceding something should be done... there we run into issues.

I agree with that.

I don't believe in "just make it single-payer" as a legislative concept. But campaigning on it? Oh yeah. More please.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

WampaLord posted:

This is pure incrementalism. You even admit it could be done, but you eschew it because "too hard."

OK, you be the guy who tells people happy with their employer insurance what happens to it under Instant Single Payer Via Magic

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

WampaLord posted:

So we might as well never change society in major ways?

The ACA disrupted a lot of people as well, did that stop Obama from trying to pass it?

So you're volunteering to be the guy, then?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Quick single payer aside: What happens to reproductive rights? "We'll just never ever elect Republicans" isn't an answer.

(Like, I don't even know how you deal with this honestly, I'm opening it to the floor)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ze Pollack posted:

This is actually where Team Wonk comes in handy: there's ways to tie up money with other money such that you can't cut funding for, say, Planned Parenthood without also cutting funding to Dick Pills Incorporated.

Ha, I like that

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Antifa showed up to the pro-science march in the spring in Atlanta. They had a booth and gave out flyers. The bastards.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Jonah Goldberg was right. Liberalism is fascism with a smile.

Jonah Goldberg's argument in that book is essentially "Hitler was a vegetarian, liberals are vegetarians, therefore (armpit fart)."

Additionally, he thinks that while liberals are fascists, leftists are super-fascists.

FWIW

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nancy Pelosi is therefore terrible and should be replaced by a Midwesterner who is far more leftist and who will also not frighten, um, Republican voters, and this will work because

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

Coates is brilliant and a great writer but he has no praxis

sure, you may be a great writer, mr. coates, but have you seen our Emmett Rinsing Von Richington IV, now that's a real standard-bearer

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TNC's refusal to prescribe a way forward frustrates me too, but that's on me, not him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Beaten. But yeah, people were quite pissed at the first Tweet, with Bill Corbett from MST#K/Rifftrax taking on the role of chief grumbler, and apparently it had an effect.

"apparently"

• Locked thread