Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Call Me Charlie posted:

Heath Mello had NARAL sink him and Quist had some retard from the Guardian getting 'body-slammed'...will some national story happen to Jon Ossoff that will rally local conservatives in the final moments of his campaign? I'm guessing no.

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/867831459427504128

Lmao that's great. I love watching liberals getting slapped by reality time and time again because they keep expecting the other side to "grow up"/waiting for the "honorable" republicans to show up and vote against the big mean GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

oh well guess America is going to collapse then because that's literally all that's left, because they took the wealth of the poor and middle class and put it on cold freeze for their own enrichment

This poster had it right a few pages back:

Paradoxish posted:

The problem is that we're rapidly approaching a point where we functionally no longer have a democratic system. Republican policies are entirely unacceptable to Democratic voters and Democratic policies are entirely unacceptable to Republican voters. There may be compromises that are acceptable to the moderate wings of both parties, but those compromises are unacceptable to the remaining constituencies and probably horrifying to the far-left and far-right wings of both parties. Hell, the only reason we're hanging on to a thread of basic federal social services is because Republicans are too incompetent to gut them when they have total control of the government. The Democrats would be completely powerless to stop them if they could actually get their poo poo together.

So where does that leave us? Most voters are effectively living in a one party state since voting for the other team is always the lesser of two evils, no matter how much you dislike or disagree with the person that your team puts up. We paper over this kind of extreme partisanship with a thin veneer of horse race narratives and debates and stories about "undecided" voters, but that's only going to hold up for so long when the underlying reality is that our country is divided by irreconcilable political differences that aren't split cleanly across geographic lines.

Either the US is going to break up or liberals will give up and just let republicans do whatever they want

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Free Kilroy he did nothing wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

test

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

C. Everett Koop posted:

considering that the dems would have to ball out just to only be 60 seats down in 2018 I wouldn't worry about running for speaker either

Their 2018 campaign message was a big wet fart. Nobody has any illusions about the dems winning anything in 2018 or 2020, because they refuse to move left and seem to believe that staying center and rebranding their message is all they need.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

The dems care about winning.. when it's to prevent the left wing from taking any sort of power within the party. See: Obama immediately propping up Perez to stop Keith Ellison from becoming chair of DNC.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Ze Pollack posted:

condiv, you know that hopeless dipshit who was asking the left to work together with the alt-right

you know how everyone on the face of the planet aware of their existence united in telling them "no, shut the gently caress up, you unbelievable loving moron, that is literally antithetical to what we believe, our politics do not begin and end at hating democrats"

do you recognize that you are currently doing the exact same thing with Fox News

You're gonna break your back if you reach any harder than that.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

yronic heroism posted:

The issue is claiming "people agree with me period, get hosed everyone I call a centrist"... yes Democratic voters love single payer. Guess what? The whole party is moving in that direction. Most of our voters do not want "a purge" or to be dictated to by a neckbeard podcast.

? The hell are you talking about? Schumer literally came out and said their 2018 platform wasn't about moving left (or right). They're just rebranding and giving us the same neoliberal policies they've been pushing.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Apart from her awful stances on prison slave labor and transgender rights, Kamala Harris refused to prosecute a bank that had illegally foreclosed people's homes. And then you have gems like this: ; which show just how out of touch she is with regular everyday Americans.

Is it really so hard for liberals to understand why people don't want another awful empty suit like her anywhere near the presidency?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Nevvy Z posted:

All I can find about this is related to this incidence
https://thinkprogress.org/california-attorney-general-says-her-offices-defense-of-prison-labor-evokes-chain-gangs-5c768fd447a4

Where again she was the boss while someone else went to court and did a lawyer thing. Is there more to it than that? I'm not a big harris fan, but I do like my opinions to be based on things she actually did .

"I didn't do it, it was my underlings. I technically didn't do this."

Sounds like Kamala has been watching too many mafia movies. This really isn't any kind of defense, and in fact, it actually makes her look like even more of an empty suit.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JailTrump posted:

Clearly a "Up and Coming" Dem figure

Yeah I'm sure people are going to vote for a muslim.

:shepface:

Yeah I'm sure the new Hillary Clinton will do well.

There's that liberal racism and arrogance again. It's like 2016 taught them nothing lol

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

She was forced out because everyone hated her. If she had defenders, she would still be there

I don't think so. I think she was forced out because of the leaks and she would have remained leader if those emails had never come to light.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JailTrump posted:

I did tell you how the 13th made my friend not vote for Hillary in this thread right?

And how we got Donald Trump as a result correct?

People caring more about what is done to prisoners then what is done to non-imprisoned minorities irks me to no end.

Wave away how much you enabled a right-wing fascist to be elected because of what a politician did to some prisoners. I won't. I'd vote for a Neoliberal Economist before a Fujimori as the people in Peru just did. Because I have a sense of what is important.

It's possible to care about more than one thing at once. Also, how can you be concern trolling about right wing fascists when you have such far right authoritarian views about prisoners?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

It's really weird to claim "actually i'm a leftist and not racist, i voted for bernie i swear" when you're over here telling us to forget about prison slavery in a country where minorities get incarcerated at massively higher rates than whites by the justice system. The racist justice system is one of the key contributing factors in the destruction of poor black communities.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JailTrump posted:

Maybe by having lived in countries where prisons look like this

"It's not as bad as in 3rd world countries so their plight obviously isn't real" is literal right wing propaganda straight out of fox news.

JailTrump posted:

I agree the racist justice system needs to be reformed 100%.

If you actually believe this then how can you hand-wave away issues about prisoners when there are so many people in our prisons who are only in there because of the racist justice system in the first place? You are denying rights to a lot of people whose only offense was being non-white at the wrong place and time, or doing completely minor poo poo like selling weed and getting hit with 20 years.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

We have the biggest prison population and the second highest incarceration rate in the world. How can Kamala Harris defenders even pretend that this is just a minor notch on her record? :psyduck:

And I'm not even talking about JailTrump here. I've seen countless liberals in the last 2 days trying to defend her in the same manner. By insinuating that prison reform is a not an important issue, and that nobody actually cares about it and they're just criticizing her because she isn't Bernie, etc.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

e- wrong thread

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JeffersonClay posted:

I bet Kamala Harris threatened to put parents guilty of child neglect in prison too, that racist!

Why do centrists love the police state so much?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JeffersonClay posted:

Wrong. If you don't want your kid to go to public school you can homeschool them and that's perfectly legal. However willfully failing to educate your child is child abuse.

Can you seriously not fathom why a child from a poor family living in a lovely neighborhood might lose a bunch of school? Do you think it's just evil poors not letting their child get an education?

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 2, 2017

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JeffersonClay posted:

I think both unavoidable circumstance and willful neglect cause children to miss school, and I think the state is right to punish the latter. I think both unavoidable circumstance and willful neglect cause children to have their physical and emotional needs unmet, and the state is right to punish the latter.

JeffersonClay posted:

So you're basing all this on a mom's hyperbole after reading a letter? Where did Kamala Harris prosecute parents for their kids ditching a couple of days of school?

Right, it has nothing to do with the state threatening to prosecute willful neglect by their parents.

This is some seriously unhinged poo poo. How many more generations of poor minorities must be destroyed by the prison system before centrists like you realize that punitive justice systems don't work? Punishing bad parents by sending them to US prisons isn't going to fix them. It's going to make their lives a lot worse both economically and psychologically. Sending black men to jail en masse didn't fix the black community. It destroyed black families by plucking fathers away from theirs wives and kids.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Nevvy Z posted:

The justice system has problems, therefore Kamala Harris definitely locked up millions of innocent parents for the crimes of their children

She didn't personally do it, but she is most definitely part of the problem because she is actively participating in the system and even helping to expand it. Do you think we can't criticize centrists unless they're turbo genociders who personally shot millions? lmao

Also, "the justice system has problems" is putting it lightly to say the least.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JeffersonClay posted:

This is some seriously unhinged poo poo. You think the state should stop prosecuting child abuse.

Why do you want to destroy non-white families so badly? Do you think jail time is the only way to fix truancy?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JeffersonClay posted:

Non-example of neglectful parent:
School office worker: Hey parent, your kid keeps missing school, make them go to school.
Typical parent: Sorry, I'm trying, but these things keep stopping me

Example of neglectful parent:
School office worker: Hey parent, your kid keeps missing school, make them go to school.
Neglectful parent: You can't tell me what to do/ who cares/ screens call and refuses to answer

I don't have a problem with the state punishing the latter!

The american justice system: famously known for its subtlety when it comes to sending people to jail

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Ardennes posted:

Let's be honest, the US has a habit of combating with any social ill (drug use, homelessness, mental health) and I guess truancy as well with police and prison time. It doesn't work, and if anything it shows how if anything our society times to use fear to cover up the massive social issues.

Even if the parent wasn't "cooperative" there is a wide gap between taking some type of more active action and throwing him/her in jail...unless you want to make an example for the general population.

Gotta keep those Negroes and Mexicans in line

- centrists

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JailTrump posted:

This loving Kamala Harris Derail is the stupidest loving thing.

Gosh you guys stop talking about the biggest prison population in the entire world. Those are just minor issues!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JailTrump posted:

We need a shift in culture to do that. We need to promote the love of Christ in peoples lives and the unity of family.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3wEc9uxKZI

A group called The Yes Men, basically hung the DNC out in the open when one of them managed get into Politicon masquerading as a DNC representative.

Now the DNC basically has to say "Yeah, we don't stand for any of what he said".

Holy poo poo lmao

Seems like this kinda went under the radar. Was uploaded a few days ago and I'm just now hearing about it.

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 3, 2017

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

https://twitter.com/mrdannyglover/status/892830154602332160

Look at all those white dudebros putting economic policy over IdPol. Yes you want decent wages, but will it solve racism? :rolleyes:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

yronic heroism posted:

Did he hack the Labour Party and doxx them or hack to gain access to U.K. Voter rolls?

No. Only an idiot believes that. This thread is a waste. Good thing actual voters don't care about this circlejerk and will actually focus on punishing Trump in a year.
Lol you must be in some pretty deep denial to think people are going to fall for the Trump boogeyman in 2018/20 after the hilarious defeat of Hillary last year. Trump has turned out to be exactly the kind of ineffectual republican idiot many thought he'd be regardless of all his crazy talk. Leftists in this country single-handedly made MFA a tangible policy that establishment Dems are now scrambling to support because they know there will be consequences if they don't.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Wow she lied even about the origin of her name. This kind of pathological lying is no different than Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

call to action posted:

Is this actually true? Because I really, really want it to be.

it's all true. she even lies about drinking water

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/909206793133412353

• Locked thread