Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
So, thoughts on the Juggalos being better allies to leftists than the Democrats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

JeffersonClay posted:

Like it's a bit rich that the same people who criticized the democrats for making the presidential campaign all about attacking trump's bigotry now suggest that the democrats are somehow not opposed to trump's bigotry.

It's almost like we're complaining that Democrats are superficial pearl-clutchers who only use social issues to feed their superiority complex :thunk:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

JeffersonClay posted:

So the democrats are simultaneously fickle allies against nazis and also spending too much time attacking nazis. :discourse:

You're almost there...

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/898254523344572417

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

quote:

Can we have a taste of the series?

Sure.

In this scene, Barack Obama and Joe Biden are in the bodies of their younger selves in 1985. They walk and talk on the sidewalk in New York City. At this point in the timeline, they have also just learned that Obama no longer becomes President in the future. Joe is devastated. They walk and talk.

Joe: It’s not healthy to hold it all in.

Barry: Hold what in?

Joe: The unbridled rage you are entitled to by having your entire legacy, everything you’ve worked for over the last three decades of your life, taken away! The crushing disappointment you must feel in having every achievement you unlocked re-locked, every barrier and ceiling you broke through repaired and reenforced, of having your historic footsteps in the sands of time permanently erased! Millions, billions of souls screaming out all at once and falling on deaf ears. If not for yourself, then for humanity! You must feel something!?

Barry delights in discovering a pack of cigarettes in his pocket.

Barry: Ha!

He lights one and begins to take a deep drag. Joe throws the cigarette to the ground and smashes it with his foot.

Joe: Barack Hussein Obama as your best friend and Vice President in a parallel universe we’ll converge with hopefully soon, I hereby COMMAND you to be full of righteous fury or extreme moping or anything other than cool. This instant! And that’s an order!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

readingatwork posted:

Honestly I think people are being a bit too hard on Tina Fey right now. The bit was actually pretty funny and had some great zingers in it. I'll agree that the central thesis is problematic but there IS a legitimate debate to be had on the merits of engaging vs ignoring racist rallies considering the way they thrive on conflict.

They don't thrive on conflict, they thrive on strength and fear. The only thing ignoring them does is normalize their presence and turn those rallies into another racist thing we just accept is a part of our society. We're going up against a group whose end game is perpetual violence against designated groups of people, the proper response to this is to engage them, violently when necessary.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/bax_books/status/901545151255896064

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

JeffersonClay posted:

Look at this shameful neoliberal idiot concerned with the optics of his protests.

https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1964/king-lecture.html

I can quote MLK at you too.

quote:

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Can't wait to see which piece of nazi propaganda liberals will wrap around their lips next.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kokoro Wish posted:

I hope that members of Antifa can realize that while they probably aren't, there are definitely some among your number who are, like some football hooligans, there for the ruck rather than the team or supporting a side. That these people are on the more correct side is beside the point and they're usually rooted out, but they still exist in pockets.

Even the worst of those "hooligans" are better human beings than you.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Moving on

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/902389194122608644?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

call to action posted:

So how is antifa going to keep the Nazi bashing going if all their rallies are cancelled? Is that considered a victory condition?

We'll only stop bashing the fasc when there are no more fasc left to bash.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Grouchio posted:

Things I would like to know:

1. Why does everyone still feel skeptical about a Dem turnaround in 2018, despite everything Trump has done?
2. Why the hell did Pelosi condemn the Antifa, considering they're both opposed to Trump and facism?
3. Would a progressive administration taking after Bernie's policies even be able to implement them after 2020?

Your second question partially answers your first.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AmyDentata/status/903713707967909888

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
This thread

https://twitter.com/BreeNewsome/status/903840843173429249

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/904110717967654912

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

yronic heroism posted:

Dems now polling 10 points ahead of Republicans on congressional ballot.

What will this thread's spin be if they manage to flip the House?

:cawg:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gohmak posted:

Dreamers don’t deserve this.

It's really their own fault for thinking America was good and that it's citizens would let them make a living.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Inescapable Duck posted:

They probably don't care as much about winning as they do about getting the money.

I mean, this is basically literally the rich paying the Democrats to throw elections at this point.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

shrike82 posted:

It's bizarre how you guys will sulk about everything. So progressive pressure got Harris, a front-runner for 2020 Dem candidate, to endorse single payer and this is a bad thing because?

She hasn't implemented single payer health care, nor endorsed medicare for all.

Take your pick.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Calibanibal posted:

who rereg is willam contrarialto. Out yourself coward

It's Jefferson Clay

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Starting to think Trump being elected was the better option.

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/statu...agenumber%3D854

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Condiv posted:

i don't think william is jc, but i've been wrong plenty of times

William Contraalto most likely isn't Jefferson Clay, but William Contraalto is Jefferson Clay

Edit: Okay, after that last comment I have to take it back; Jefferson Clay was more subtle.

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 8, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/907253480489807872

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

John Henry Miller posted:

How about published scientists?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0959378094900035

Or look at this:

https://motls.blogspot.com/2007/11/communism-capitalism-and-environment.html

Ditching Communism has a remarkably positive effect on the environment in Eastern Europe.

Can't have industrial pollution if there aren't any industries.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Western media smearing former communist nations, color me suprised.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Endorph posted:

remember that 'kept women' thing? the feminist ideaology in the dem party is so hosed that they think women just vote for women on everything and not have actual opinions and politics of their own, and so voting for a man over a woman is a betrayal of their sex*

*Does not apply to a non-Democrat womam running against a Democrat man.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
People, do not actually debate the hillfolk, it only makes them believe they have a legitimate point.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Avirosb posted:

Well they didn't succeed so clearly there's something to that.

*Makes Republican healthcare plan the defining policy of the party*
"Why can't voters recognize that we're the better option!?"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Avirosb posted:

I know a couple of people ITT who would contest that second point.

Candidate, he wasn't a a garbagedick candidate.

Edit: The only thing Obama was good at doing was running for office

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Avirosb posted:

He's no longer an Independent?

He's basically running the Democrats, so...

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

I don't believe that a "Just War Theory" Democrat is more imperialistic than a nativist Republican with fascist tendancies and straight-6 hard-on for military power.

I mean, CALL ME CRAZY, but I don't think those two compare re: "American Imperialism".

That's true. If the liberal media is to be believed, Trump has been far more reserved about using military force than Clinton would have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

shrike82 posted:

And for all the rhetoric, leftists are going to bend the knee in 2020 and vote for Harris and Booker.

:cawg:

• Locked thread