Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

BardoTheConsumer posted:

I'm just going to point out real quick that using "centrist" as an insult is both loving creepy and alienating your potential allies (the Center being somewhere left of insane republicans).

You're right, we should be more like our allies - we need our insults to be uplifting, like "Bernie Bro," is. From now on we should probably retire "Centrist" and go with "Hillary Bot."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Yeah just go hard left and see if you win any elections I guess. It's worth a try.

Centrists are supposed to be all about making a deal through compromise. If you start out the gate as a Centrist and you push for a compromise solution that ultimately works for both sides, then the Republicans can't support it because it would be a win for Democrats and a Republican can never let a Democrat get a win or they could be devoured by their own.

If you start out the gate as a Leftist and craft Centrist legislation, then it's a loss for the Leftist Democrat and the Republican can support it. If you desire Centrist policy you should support Leftists.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Brainiac Five posted:

Hey Rodatose, is calling someone gay and a prostitute acceptable as an insult or not? I'm guessing you think it's OK judging from your smarmy little post here but I'm curious if you've got the guts to say so outright.

I didn't see any mention of payment.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Brainiac Five posted:

Ah, that makes it all right. So how long before an LGBT person sasses you and you gaybash 'em in response?

I didn't say it was alright, I was just correcting a blatant lie. It's interesting how even when you are insulted and in the right, you still feel compelled to engage in such reckless hyperbole.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Brainiac Five posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816838&userid=184018#post473037920

Oh gently caress off. If I was in the right in your eyes, you'd have condemned the insult instead of making the post you had.

Nice, now you try to police when and where I gently caress. Also, I did condemn the insult. When I read it I said, "poo poo, that was wrong to say," aloud, since I think important things like that should be said in person instead of by written correspondence.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Brainiac Five posted:

So do you think posts like these are good ones for straight people to make?

That's real funny. Another good joke would be if the people laughing up their sleeves about this got violently assaulted because they were thought to be gay, that'd be loving hilarious.

Actually all of that sounds horrible to me. It's telling that you find that funny though.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

JeffersonClay posted:

So given that you think all people are racists, how can this statement be anything but a moronic dodge?

You are bad at this.

So if a person believes everyone is at least a little racist, they can never call out racism ever?

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Brainiac Five posted:

And what exactly could she have done about it?

She could have announced that she would not be moving into the AK governor's mansion while it was staffed with slave labor?

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

JeffersonClay posted:

Uh, they're not actually criticizing our prison labor system you dolt. They're just using the "slaveowner" label to fuel their "democrats are the real racists" narrative. You could not possibly be more naive.

So then you release the list of Republican Governors who have served in Governor's Mansions with slave labor and say, "Im glad you guys agree these people were slave owners too." Then we have a united front of Democrats suggest abolishing prison slavery, and Republicans will then fight to preserve the institution that provided Clinton with the slaves in the first place.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Avirosb posted:

Healthcare is never easy and no matter what they'd say it'd just be Obamacare 2.0 to many.

So what, we're pulling a Trump? "We totally have a plan, we just won't tell you guys till you elect us into a majority" probably won't work, and trying to come up with a fix that will help people but won't scare a single big money donor is not working.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

Perhaps, just maybe, he was talking about things like condoms and birth control to slow the rate of child birth, and not just letting them die until their population stabilizes.

Perhaps, but it will take a lot more that one speech to stop the Catholic Church's crusade to stop all condom use in Africa. Is Macron interested in criticizing the Vatican for it's contribution to the AIDS crisis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Lightning Lord posted:

Where does goddamn child labor come into play here? If we don't jail people because their kids cut class, they're going to be put to work in workhouses? You're so disingenous

Someone mentioned that kids might be getting punished for working instead of going to school, probably because they weren't paying close attention and didn't realize this law doesn't include high school aged kids. So now everyone in this thread but JC loves forced child slavery, sorry for your luck.

• Locked thread