Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Less posting about posting and more posting about Dem wastes please.

https://twitter.com/tinyrevolution/status/908020973311537152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908160218995068928

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

Accessibility isn't the issue it was 30 years ago. PBS did a service then, it's obsolete now.

The less Jack Black on any screen, mine or otherwise, the better.

In my more cynical moods, I've thought that Fred Rogers did a disservice by teaching children that they are loved in a cold, unforgiving world and that by pulling the wool over their eyes he created adults who weren't fully mentally equipped to handle reality, who had their own children and the cycle continued.

I really don't like the idea that Mr. Rogers was Always Bad but gently caress if it ain't starting to come true...

:same:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

And for all the rhetoric, leftists are going to bend the knee in 2020 and vote for Harris and Booker.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Like I said, it must be sad to spend 4 years in a self-righteous rage about neolibs and then have to vote for "more prisons" Harris or "Wall Street" Booker in 2020.

Do what I do - Sanders in the primaries and Trump in the generals. I've been pretty happy with what he's done to the centrists so far.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I assume most leftists don't actually operate on horseshoe theory like you seem to.

Quite a few leftists ITT voted for Trump e.g. Kilroy, CallToAction, NFS.

Something like 20% of Bernie voters ended up voting for Trump. So a minority but not insubstantial.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Exactly which is why it's particularly funny to see certain posters literally whip themselves up in a righteous anger about centrists over and over and over again but still bend the knee to vote for a neolib.

It's so impotent to see.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

jBrereton posted:

12%, apparently. Half the total of Hillary primary voters that voted for McCain.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ten percent

Thirteen percent of Hillary voters broke for McCain btw

lol

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I mean, fair enough I guess, but think of it this way: How would you feel if someone popped into a global warming thread and like 95% of their posts were just calling out the mistakes made by the pro-global warming* posters? It's only natural to assume someone is opposed to something if they put nearly all their time into being contrarian towards those who support it, and that analogy is actually fairly generous because it's assuming the contrarian stuff in question is actually always valid and true. Tone is also important; it's possible to disagree with people without being clearly insulting and while still indicating that you're broadly on the "same side." Also, some degree of biased/irrational energy is inevitable with any sort of passionate/emotional ideological movement, so I don't think there's really any point in nitpicking over such things unless they're actually things officially or predominantly supported by the movement as a whole.

As a side note, regarding the "same side" thing, I think it's important to distinguish between posters like Condiv and posters like, say, shrike82. Condiv is pretty terrible at arguing things and is often very credulous towards believing stuff that happens to be convenient, but his general goals seem to be good and his heart appears to be in the right place (he kinda reminds me of the stuff I might have posted if I was in my early 20s in the current political climate). I don't feel that people like him are actually causing any harm (and if anything their energy might be beneficial), because anyone who is put off from leftism just because they saw a random person make a irrational internet post never would have been an ally to begin with. This is contrasted with someone like shrike82 (and I think also NFS and a couple others), who is clearly motivated more by antipathy towards Democrats/liberals than any real desire to help people. Those people make me more concerned, because I feel like they don't really have any deep ideological commitment to leftism and more just use it as an avenue by which to vent their anger at a certain type of person. I could see them easily being flipped to believing and supporting some nasty stuff if they felt it would "stick it to Hillary Clinton/Cory Booker/whatever" (and we kinda literally see this with the people who voted Trump).

*in the sense of thinking it's a real thing

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

LOL at Diamond Joe Biden preemptively coming out hard against a UBI
what a piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/909590685061394432

• Locked thread