Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I doubt it will probably come up anytime soon, but have any recentish comics dealt with Carol Danvers relationship to the X-Men? She's not a mutant but she was pretty close to them and was part of the team for awhile in the Claremont days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bagrada posted:

Thanks. I liked Longshot so much when I was a kid that I spent way too much money on a set of his limited series from the local comic store. Kind of glad now that I didn't keep up with things.

You should check out Longshot Saves the Universe by the by. It's a good and short mini.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Billzasilver posted:

Yeah. Captain Marvel fights or teams up with Rogue every now and then. Beyond that, they don’t really cross over much.

That said, the Captain Marvel book from earlier this year was pretty good, and it made Rogue look good too.

I meant with the rest of the team, she was good friends with a chunk of them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Does that make Laura not a mutant?

If she's not part of the just announced Wolverine title (I know Logan will be the main character) I will loving riot, or at least not buy the book.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I worry they might decide Fallen Angels is her book so she doesn't need to be in it aside from wandering by now and then.

Oh, I somehow didn't realize she was in that. I was thinking of it as the other Psylocke book. If Laura is prominent enough in another X book I'll rescind my fatwa on Wolverine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I might be stretching here but does the fact that Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine have connecting bedrooms imply they’re all together?

I thought House of X #6 made it pretty clear they're all in a foursome with Emma Frost.

This was someone else's joke, but I can't find the tweet. I thought I quoted it in this thread but it's probably in a different one.

"Don't you ever talk to me, my brother my other brother, my father, my wife, my time displaced son, my daughter from an alternate timeline, or my wife's boyfriend ever again"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HidaO-Win posted:

Is it possible the 4th method of mutant reproduction is just cloning, nothing in Hickmans resurrection setup seems to preclude repeated cloning.

Are they gonna resurrect Joseph?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Come to that, are they gonna resurrect Madelyne Pryor?

She's not a mutant. You can debate about whether or not a clone of a mutant counts as a mutant, but they generally have powers at a genetic level. All of Madelyne's poo poo is magic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

danbanana posted:

Cyke gets a lot of deserved poo poo for leaving his kid to hook up with Jean, but Logan shacking up with the Summers is kinda lovely since he has kids and clones of his own he could be spending time with on Krakoa.

The gently caress did happen to Daken? He was brought back post-Remender X-Force right?

His kids/clones have lives of their own. Like, do you think Daken or Laura want to actually live in the same house as Logan?

Maybe that extra room is for whichever young mutant Logan is mentoring at the moment? Actually, given the history of everyone currently staying there, there should be multiple guest rooms.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm just going to be honest, it was really dumb of Claremont to call his ultimate mutant hunting robot Nimrod. Yes, it's a biblical reference, but Bugs Bunny ruined the word as a compliment several decades before Claremont was writing X-Men.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 17, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Billzasilver posted:

Vulcan has so much energy manipulation that he probably can’t die. He can fly in space. He can vaporize fleets of alien spaceships.

Then why'd he loving die like a bitch the first time he went to Krakoa? (I haven't actually read Deadly Genesis).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Did they do that with all the younger mutants who got trapped in the Age of Apocalypse for years and spent all that time believing the X-Men abandoned them to die, even though it had only been like 5 minutes from the X-Men's perspective?

That's sorta on them for not studying their back issues. Same thing happened to Ilyana and she didn't bitch and moan about it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I read most of Claremont's X-Men and I still don't know what Callisto's mutant power is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

I vaguely remember something about either Jean or Callisto having tentacles? And there was a hot tub involved?

Did I just make this up in my head or did this actually happen at some point

Jean had tentacles for 1 or 2 issues of Uncanny in the later Claremont era, when Jim Lee started drawing it regularly (it's absolutely a Claremont thing, I was just establishing a timeline).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Was that Calisto's secondary mutation?

Does anyone besides Emma really have a secondary mutation? Beast turned into a cat, but he was only blue and furry in the first place because he took experimental drugs he made, so that could be a another side effect.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao has HOT CLAWS come up at all anywhere ever again?

It definitely hasn't come up since Hickman took over the entire line, and I don't remember it happening before I dropped out of Rosenberg's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad run of Uncanny.

I think if anyone had a decent idea for it it could have been a thing that stuck for awhile, but no one did.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

more like rear end claws.

That's from the alternate universe where Wolverine hooks up with Doop

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Good interview about new Wolverine book

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1186326641250844673?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rochallor posted:

There was a weird reference to "North Valnon" as a country ruled by a kleptocratic family, which is weird, because North Korea has definitely appeared in other books and there are scenes set in both Russia and Taiwan here. Has Marvel been treading lightly around NK recently or something? I'm reading a lot fewer comics than I used to.

They've been making a move to not refer to tiny communist countries by their actual names, because of China, which is hilarious because China isn't actually a communist country any more.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

danbanana posted:

The whole fake southeast Asian War thing is... problematic.

I get the desire to specify this poo poo and the sliding time seems like a good solution until you do a little racism.

The better solution is to perpetually set the years the stories take place in between 1977 and 1987 and just keep culture and tech moving forward while you reset the year every once in a while.

Just move the war to Afghanistan, someone who was 18 when we first invaded would be in their mid 30s now and we're still sending teenagers over there to die. If you need war time trauma and a sliding timescale our forever war in the middle east is loving perfect.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Reed Richards and Ben Grimm were originally world war 2 veterans who fought alongside Nick Fury (original flavor)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Wow, it's been 32 years since the last FF/X-Men miniseries (which holds up decently).

I will now diminish and go into the West.

There was an Ultimate comics 2-shot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I kinda hope this means they're going to close the circle and Arno's going to catch an unholy beatdown from a pissed-off Spider-Man.

What's this a reference to?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Metalshark posted:

Holy poo poo, yes! https://twitter.com/rdauterman/status/1187734068076527618

gently caress yeah to X-Men/F4 too!

Leah Williams from a year ago
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1040054775524536320?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanda and Pietro absolutely, Squirrel Girl probably not for the above poster's reasons. She's never been a part of the mutant world of comics, have she ever been in an X-comic aside from the All New Wolverine issue where she gives Laura and Gabby Jonathan, the actual wolverine?

Is Jonathan allowed on Krakoa? Can he speak the new mutant language Krakoa invented?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ISnowNothin/status/1188318154545459200?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, you can't retcon Squirrel Girl after they explicitly said "we can never take this back." That's like breaking a pinky swear.

Nah, it's just she's never really been connected to the X books. I guess if they really wanted Ryan North to write an X book, maybe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I'd be very curious how they "get to" mutants who are just manifesting their powers before anyone with bad intent does. Are they monitoring Cerebro constantly with a team of teleporters on standby?

I'd love a whole series that is just the Councils discussing and solving logistics issues

They don't need a team of teleporters, they have the krakoa seeds.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What happens if a mutant dies of old age?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cloks posted:

Yeah but also where's the Madrox solo series we deserve?

Didn't he just get a mini?