Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Raptors fan checking in. This team runs a terrible brand of basketball with terrible """star""" players. This team isn't going to beat LeBron anytime soon, so the best plan is to tank for when he retires. Maybe then they won't be a laughingstock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

The only option is to tank

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Already Lowry hit jobs absolving Casey from blame

I'm not following next year if Casey is still coach. Moving on from him is the least that could be done and it won't because Masai loves him.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

It is if you have championship aspirations

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Except it rarely works and the odds are it won't for Philly either. It's probably four years of sucking rear end to max out as the team you have now.

Nah, a team doesn't matter if it doesn't have a superstar.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah but there are maybe 10 guys in the league at any time on that level. If you tank fucken hard and get 5 top five picks in a row, the odds aren't you don't draft a single guy on that level. You probably get two busts, Ibaka, Lowry, and Derozen. Look at the Wizards, the Blazers, the Magic, the Wolves like 4 or 5 times, even the Thunder, who got closer than most. It usually doesn't work. You're just as likely to make the leap the way the Lakers did (insanely lucky mid rounder and a dickhead free agent who wants to play in your city) or the Cavs (blow your picks and luck into more, and a dickhead free agent wants to come home) or the way the Warriors did (late lottery gambles and second rounders that all worked by sheer luck, plus TWO dickhead free agents playing mercenary) or the Celtics (multiple teams had a fire sale when they had a pile ornate mediocre assets and a lonely superstar) or the Heat (dickhead free agents plus lonely superstars. Actually building from a full tank describes no title team in the last 20 years except maybe the Pistons and the 2006 Heat.

I want to have the best player on the court for a drat playoff series. If you half rear end poo poo like the Raptors currently are, you constantly get articles/podcasts jerking off to players on the other team and you become laughingstocks of a different nature. I would much rather have a superstar with no help around him than fake rear end allstars that melt in the spotlight, because at least then there's some shred of hope. How you get that superstar doesn't matter. The Raptors currently do not have a path of getting one in FA, so that leaves the draft. The best way to get a superstar in the draft is to have good picks.

A second round exit team is nothing more than the inevitable realization that it doesn't mean poo poo. It's another loving sweep for LeBron. I'd much rather have the hope, no matter how small, that tanking provides than be a loving warm up act for the teams that matter.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

FVV, Bruno, and just pick someone else, we almost there

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I decided to look up info on if he was fired or not, and it looks like I'll have to go back to not caring. Masai is a poo poo rear end fraud.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

attackmole posted:

Casey said in an interview today that he's gotten word from the FO's that he's coming back. We kinda her it before but this is another confirmation. FFS.

Who was the guy who said earlier that it's not even that it's bad, it's just that it's so goddamn predictable? He was right on the money. You get to watch the same lovely system take the team to around 50 wins before flaming out in the playoffs for another year and there's no surprises. I've watched this story for the last 4 years and I'm getting tired of it. It was kinda fun for the first year or two but it's so goddamn dumb treading water when the team has the exact same loving issues, year after year after year.

I tend to operate as a full time Raptors fan and part time Spurs fan. Maybe it's time to swap those around until I see something interesting happen.

Masai loving sucks and needs to go since that's the only way Casey will be gone.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah boooo to the best executive the team's ever had, he only fixed huge problems and made the team extremely successful.

Now that you've said this, they'll end up with Billy King or something. Thanks.

There's still no respect for the team and it's traded being one type of laughingstock for another :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lockback posted:

The only people who consider Toronto a laughingstock are Toronto fans. They've had a really good season and there's no shame in being a tier below the top. Teams like Dallas and even the Spurs have hung out there until they caught/made some luck and became Championship teams.

Tell me more about how the Lowry quote about not being able to catch LeBron has gone over

• Locked thread