Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In beta I would just say ''get your rear end back here'' in my best Deliverance impression then loudly lick my lips and breathing extremely heavy.

People were creeped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"accidentally" shooting counselors with the shotgun when jason is chasing everyone is best troll

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McSpanky posted:

I imagine being the only person with a weapon in a cabin full of people and spotting Jason approaching first is like trolling Christmas.

weapons get most people killed in my experience because they usually miscalculate Jason's grab

i preferred stocking up on pocket knives and trolling Jason until he just hacks you to death in frustration

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Times I left in the 4-door car alone: several.

i wonder if being the rocker chick and stealthing through to victory will be the best strategy in release.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
god, this is going to be a hard week. Starting my self-induced coma now by smoking a bunch of weed and drinking a gallon of booze every day.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

But what are you going to do this week?

Wait for my backerkit code to show up and then get bogged down when downloading the game because i cant preload.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Me on Thursday night at 11:59 P.M. :

Gun Media said they won't be sending out backerkit codes early. No pre load and probably will have to wait till morning on the east coast.

Idk I might just buy a steam copy and gift the backerkit code to a friend.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

We'll make a STEAM group - but we need to come up with an acceptable name.

Jason Goonhees?

Good enough

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got my code from gun media this afternoon, all pre-loaded and ready to hide like a bitch.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My stupid goddamn wife invited my loving in laws over the weekend. I loving hate everything.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

That isn't midnight.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

s.i.r.e. posted:

I just noticed this as well, what the gently caress?

Its like 8 am PST.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inside Out Mom posted:

Whats the consensus on control scheme? Is this something I'll be at a disadvantage using a controller vs a mouse/kb? I'm hoping to play this on my pc from the couch and haven't gotten things setup to use kb/m from there yet.

No clue fam. Probably be fine.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BeigeJacket posted:

Maybe it's me entering my 'old man yells at cloud' phase, but I just do not get streamers or twitch.
The times are a changin.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Game is up for Aus and UK on PSN. Just checked it on steam using a VPN but no dice.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm considering this game. Two questions:

-Can I put a counselor in a sleeping bag and whack them against a tree?
-Can I push a wheelchair bound counselor down a flight of stairs?

No wheel chair counselor i don't think

Yes to sleeping bag thing. but first the counselor needs to be hiding in the bag.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Sleeping bag one is possible, though not common.

Sadly no on the other.

This feels like a game that seems okay, but in 6 months could be great. Assuming the company is still around with servers, that is.

Smartest thing they could is fix this up and then get the Halloween license if DbD was non exclusive and I dunno just seems like it would be better then DbD.

I've played a lot of DbD and this game is far more fun. i also think it has a better chance at sustainability long term because of the fun factor while DbD quickly devolves into unfun crap because of perks/power gaming.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

getting in

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got room for 1 more goon. Add snartchd on steam

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got room for several gooners. Add me on steam snatchd

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've been enjoying reading DbD fans making complaint threads on steam saying Jason is OP lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

weekly font posted:

Please nerf stumbling/teleport/grab/swinging/windows/stealth/traps/fun you fuckin devs!!!

All he has to do is grab you, why even fight him qq

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

weekly font posted:

That reminds me, during a pubgame yesterday I was experimenting with Part 7 Jason and I was finding that I really had to scare/wound counselors before I could finish them. At the beginning of the game they would frequently break out of my blinkgrabs. Am I doing kills right in thinking it's just press/mash the number? Is there something in Part 7 Jason's weakness that I'm missing that makes it harder for him to body people early?

I really enjoy playing Part 7 for the challenge and will be switching up my tactics now but it does really seem like 3 can blinkgrabkill far easier and since it's the default might be why people are bitching?

If you want to get bonus points for kill verstility you'll try to get different kill animations for each counselor. Otherwise yea, just hit whatever numbers are red in the lower right. Unlike DbD where you want to torture the survives, as Jason you lust for death.

EDIT: love data base connection failure, with the camera constantly switching between Mr. Voorhees face and dick.

All i want to do is play until I unlock Fat Boy Counselor.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 26, 2017

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Naw, you guys just need to get pro at jukes. The last few hours in beta counselors got really good at juking ghost mode.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Caros posted:

So last night I managed what was probably one of the first ever 'legit' jason kills (i.e. Not one where he stands there and intentionally let's you do it.)

Got murdered like... Ten seconds into the round by jason. He jumped to my cabin, one of the lovely ones with just one side window and one front window. Trapped one window, broke down the door and speared me through the face when I tried to run.

Pondered quitting for the night, but eh. gently caress it. Spectate half the map until suddenly, Tommy Jarvis time! I book it across the map, get scared by finding my own corpse and find a tank of gas. Car is otherwise ready to go so I fill the tank, hop in and we start driving.

On the way we stop to save another girl, and jason takes the opportunity to wreck the car.

Driver gets grabbed, and I start macheteing Jason in the back. We are hosed in my mind, but maybe I can hero Jarvis long enough for someone to hop in the car and escape.

His mask pops off (part 6 is an ugly mofo) and I grab it. Cool, I've wounded him, maybe that can... No loving way.

The girl we picked up is wearing the sweater. She does not know how to kill jason. I just barely break out of a grab kill and keep swinging while literally shouting over voice chat for her to loving press q. Eventually she does, I murder jason, three of us survive.

Jason is pissed over voice chat.

just like in reality, the girl nearly gets you killed.

"i.... i... i don't know what to do!?"
"shoot him! he's... killing.... me. SHOOT HIM!"
*closes eyes, pulls trigger*

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Chasing goons as Jason when they are in a car but lost because no one has a map is great fun.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spikeguy posted:

Trying to get in but it says I can't connect to the database. Anyone else having this issue?

:same:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wren610 posted:

If there's a joke its the F13 servers.

:eyepop:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol hours later and I still can't connect to database.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its 10:30 I guess i'll get into a match when it is 1 am PST

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

scrubs season six posted:

Seems like karma

don't bring in your gbs drama to this thread friendo.

When has it been a good idea for the devs to go to a convention on release weekend? Whenever has that worked out?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

scrubs season six posted:

You've got syphilitic brain damage.

is that a racist joke because I am a native american?

Caros posted:

It just takes practice really. Sometimes a jason will snag you early, but if you have say... a flaregun, a pocket knife and some fireworks you can keep jason basically non-functional for the better part of five to ten minutes.

The trick is to learn the types of cabins. If it is a small cabin with 1 or 2 windows on the front or side, you need a flaregun, fireworks or a beartrap to survive it. If it is a larger cabin you basically just need to take a side or rear window out while jason is messing with you. Always know where your next destination is after you leave a cabin, and if he is on your rear end then that is one of the few times you should actually be sprinting. Ducking out a window and running to a new cabin is generally a near perfect save, especially if you make sure he walks into the cabin before you bail.

Each time you jump into a cabin and start the 'where am I going' game over, that buys you 30ish seconds and refills your stamina. And you can just keep doing it over and over so long as you have supplies to cover you if you have to duck into a small cabin.

That said, you will probably die doing this. Most Jason's will get tunnel vision once a councillor frustrates them, which means that once you poke them in the eye, you can expect to die unless you can feed him off onto someone easier, or you can stun him long enough to actually juke him. But any escapees is a survivor win, so you are taking one for the team.

Unless you end up with a pubbie run. Just finished an 8/8 survivor kill where they didn't fix poo poo. Two people went up to mother's cabin and got poo poo on when I teleported on top of them and gutted them. Hilariously one of them was whining about Jason's instant kills, which is the stupidest poo poo ever since the alternative is hitting her generically with the spear three times. After that I cleaned up three more in the wilderness and then got stuck in a wall. Fun fact, the bug is still there. :(

Got knocked out of it, chased down Jarvis who whined about being instant killed again, then (sort of the point of this story) I got led around for a solid seven minutes chasing a single Chad. This was past the ten minute mark which meant I was rage moding through doors and he still managed to lead me on a chase using the tactics I described.

Edit: Hahah! The whiner was a youtuber.

Also, the biggest thing early game is to quickly assess where you are. If you're near a vehicle, it is highly likely that every thing you will need to repair it is in the cabins. If there are two or three counselors, split up quickly to get poo poo. Forget securing the place, just grab the parts and go.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I liked stealth but then I unlocked Adam. Adam has made me gay for pixel booty.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Unbalanced posted:

I have to disagree with a tip someone posted earlier about not barricading doors and speed searching cabins instead. I've discovered that Jason can break down doors that haven't been barricaded in a measly three hits. Any Jason players that know this can hamper future survival prospects by just quickly breaking down one door in each cabin he comes across. Fortifying doors will mitigate this, and is especially important if it's the cabin with the phone.

Another tip is to open any windows you come across. This has several benefits: If anyone needs to make a dive through a window later on this will save them from taking a lot of damage. If a player has to open a window while Jason is breaking down the door, Jason might hear it and know to go and check if the player is trying to sneak away. Most importantly, single pane windows are very difficult for non-part 6/spear Jasons to break when they've been opened, preventing him from smashing the window and damaging the player if they have to climb through it.

If you died to a jason that was smashing down an unbarricaded door, the problem isn't with my suggested strategy of speeding through early cabins, its you died to a really bad jason. Jason's can press E to open doors.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nicaden posted:

Is there a way to use a gun after you get out of a car? I just played a session on the PS4 as Tommy and we were about to leave when Jason showed up. I got out of the car to shoot him but for some reason I couldn't aim at all, which got the rest of us killed.

you and the driver deserved to die if you stopped to fight jason when in a car.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Who cares about the semantics of doors. The most efficient thing for the counselors to do at start, is not securing the first building you run into. Instead, check everything and grab the parts you need to finish up the escape vehicles. Longer the round progresses, the more likely you and everyone else is to die. Early game Jason is extremely weak and not taking advantage of that is stupid. After you hear the 2nd Ki ki ki ma ma ma, then start securing because at that point Jason now has his 3rd ability which usually is Shift.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 28, 2017

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I escaped my in laws for bit by hiding under the bed like AJ but database error still persists. I refuse to do share the game to get around this bug!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coolguye posted:

counterpoint: if you spawn in an isolated cabin you had better loving secure that poo poo as best you can, because it is going to be the only port in someone's storm during an extended Jason chase. i guaran-goddamn-tee.

if you spawn in one of the 6 cabins around an objective spawn that's another thing. yeah, definitely do a quick ransack there and secure later. double true if it's the phone cabin. finding that fuse early is gigantic.

Counter counterpoint. Have you laid the beat down on Jason for 9 minutes till the game timer runs out?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I buckled and did the family share thing for the game on steam. Playing with pubbies on my main wasn't a problem, everyone was happy and having fun, on my alt steam account it sucks. They all bitching all the time about jason being too good or sneaking is broken or WTF why you leave me!

I tell them to go back to DbD if you can't handle Jason.

*drifts off into distance on boat, alone, that I repaired solo*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's kind of surprising that you only get points the first time you secure a door, grab a weapon, etc in a match. It seems weird to have that point bonus at all when you get ten points for securing the door and five hundred for finishing the match.

People would not play the game opting to instead repeatedly secure doors.

• Locked thread