Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kelp Plankton posted:

The propeller can spawn anywhere weapons or gasoline can spawn. Sometimes it's real easy to miss.

I don't think it can spawn on the floor though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I thought about the spawns, and I think this covers it:

- Indoor Floor Spawns: Battery, Gas, Beartraps, Melee weapons (I think)
- Outdoor Floor Spawns: Sticks/Branches
- Fireplace Spawns: Melee Weapons
- On top of tables/desks/shelves: Melee Weapons, Flare Gun, Shotgun, Propeller
- Drawer Spawns: First Aid, Firecrackers, Pocket knives, Keys, Fuse

Special Spawns:

- Packanack Lodge always has a shotgun on the couch in front of the fireplace
- Bathrooms will only spawn first aid sprays
- The barn in Higgin's Haven can spawn a shotgun on the floor
- Jason's Cabin of course always has the sweater

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tomahawk posted:

The shotgun always spawns at the same corner of the archery range

Coolguye posted:

A shotgun also spawns on the shelf in the Higgins Haven main cabin, middle room, first floor.

I've noticed it appears to spawn there any time it doesn't spawn in the barn.

TheAnomaly posted:

found out today the propeller can spawn in the bathroom on the shelves

I had no idea about any of this, awesome.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just finished up a match where counselors that I killed started calling me a human being because I caught them. Jesus Christ are people actually playing this competitively at this point? Idiots.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Burkion posted:

Because no, no one is playing this competitively.

Apparently there are and I hope it doesn't keep up because they're going to run this game into the ground like Dead by Daylight's playerbase.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Carebearz posted:

Don't play with randoms then?

That's kinda the fun of the game because you don't know how people play, people I've been grouping up with for the most part don't deviate from their set playstyles so the game becomes dull quickly.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I have quickly found grouping with 1/2 friends is where the game is at it's most enjoyable for the most part. The random element of other people adds to the game, but if you are awash in a sea of pubbies it's quick to get frustrated.

"Where are you going with the battery? Hello? Do you have a mic?"

"...of course not. Why did I ask."

Same, when playing with more than group of 3 someone is always gonna be Jason and it ruins the game because everyone in the party knows how they play Jason and there's a good chance that Jason will purposefully avoid you since your friends and whatnot. 3 is perfect.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Carebearz posted:

playing with randoms is never fun, especially when someone escaped with all the stuff you need for the other means of escape, returns as Tommy, and then takes more poo poo and leaves. Or some nerd uses a map exploit, then cries because you saved all you knives for poo poo like that

But it keeps the game fresh, playing with the same people just leads to stagnation.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Coolguye posted:

i suspect the actual reason has something to do with mental illness

Goon self esteem at an all-time low.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Somberbrero posted:

"Bro, give me keys bro! I'm wicked sick at driving bro, I got the perk."

"Well, alright." *tosses keys to pubbie.*

As we're escaping, Jenny is running down the road in front of us. *THUMP*

I don't see the issue.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrNutt posted:

I realize it makes me sound naive, but like I said, it's been awhile since I've played online games with people that are not self-selected groups (like goon Destiny groups). My skin's pretty thick but it's annoying and unfunny and makes the game less fun to play.

Also I did mute a couple people but the game kept unmuting them. Super helpful.

That's encouraging at least. I've definitely been mute a bunch but that's because I'd rather not interact with a bunch of unfunny racist douchebags. I generally talk when there's something useful to communicate.

It's a shame because a lot of the community seems to be spill-over from Dead by Daylight which is toxic as all poo poo. And as evidenced by this last page, some goons don't seem to be any better.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The red text makes me think someone else might have bought it for him.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

:yikes:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This last patch is a loving disaster, my girlfriend's performance has dropped (and it's running all low on 720p) and there's so many god drat crashes if you don't have a high-end system apparently. Our group I guess is composed of mid-range PCs and it's guaranteed that someone's game will crash mid-match and if it happens to Jason then RIP the round.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Scalding Coffee posted:

I don't see any difference at all.:smug:

Neither do I. :smuggo:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was inside the main cabin when an Adam shivved me and knocked me right out the map. I morphed and it ended the round of four minutes.

Also got my feet partly in the ground after swimming and crippled my speed. I had to mess with movement keys for a while to unfuck myself.

Lol, they should just label the game Early Access.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo, NES Jason but it kinda looks like he's a reskin so I assume he won't have new kills. I'm so down though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

codenameFANGIO posted:

I actually just got Mortal Kombat XL the other day and I was noting how much worse their design for Jason is than the actual movie versions. Not that I am against more Jason choices but he's really generic.

I never saw Jason in Mortal Kombat but looking it up and drat it's bad, it just looks like a wrestler or something that would be in Dead by Daylight.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

And Steam's down for routine maintenance. Hahaha

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrNutt posted:

Yeah no poo poo but I can play a lot of other multiplat games on it that don't look and play like garbage.

I heard PCs will be able to do that in the near future.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hopefully double XP weekend will put an end to dumb poo poo glitching because once you hit level 31 there's literally zero reason to rack up those points.

I like getting new clothing!

Also, they shouldn't fix the glitching, they should make it so those areas are automatic death zones and you lose a ton of points so everyone that does it will keep trying and keep getting killed and losing a bunch of points.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

WoodrowSkillson posted:

fine, the criminal minds profile is not as bad a child molester, you got me

But pretty close.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So this game's basically dying out on PC right?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm getting Titanfall flashbacks. Fallout Shelter has more people playing at 1 in the morning than F13 has at it's peak hours, yikes.

Yardbomb posted:

Couple thousand is more than fine for a game that needs at max 8 players :shrug:

The time it took to find a game tonight was noticeably longer, and most of the time it just dumped my group into an empty server and we had to wait for it to populate.

I hope F13 isn't completely dead within a year's time. :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Raxivace posted:

The cruise ship would be cool if they could make it very vertical as a contrast to the other stages.

You could maybe even work the pa system into a stage mechanic, like how its used in the movie.

The only problem with this it that Jason's teleport doesn't have a way to deal with height, dunno how they'd solve that problem.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jason Goes to Hell has the best deaths in the whole series.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ComposerGuy posted:

Part 4 is weird to me because ostensibly the Jarvis's have been living in that house on the lake for quite some time.

How?

Like, Jason is a seriously territorial son of a bitch. As far as he's concerned he *owns* that lake. How did they go years without him noticing them even once?

Because they're terrible movies with bad writing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MacheteZombie posted:

What's the deal with the car and Jason's shack?

I guess you could just park it in front of the shack, get out and wait out the whole round and Jason wouldn't be able to get inside.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Burkion posted:

It's more the fact that you can trap players inside.

There's no other way out

And they'll win, it's a great idea. I want to hold up in the shack with the car as defense.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is the Virtual Cabin 2.0 part of the main game now or is it the separate "game" you bought? Because I have the latter and it isn't any different right now, so I guess they just included it into the main game?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DeathChicken posted:

It's an option off of the menu in Offline Mode (one of two, Bot Fight or Cabin)

I managed to find it, thanks.

But drat, what was even the point of buying into the original Virtual Cabin, it's pretty anemic and there isn't much too it with all of the cool info and easter eggs in the 2.0 Cabin. I'm pretty sure they'll never update it either. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

A. Beaverhausen posted:

There was an issue where the servers for the Virtual Cabin 1.0 was using the same server as the game, which let people keep playing the beta even after it closed, so they stopped updating 1.0 after that. Pretty much 1.0 was a proof of concept for the mode.

2.0 spoilers, but While I was expecting a Paranoia reveal, what we got is exciting and how they did it was super freaking cool.

But during the Beta the Savini Jason wasn't there, but it is now, so they did update it sometime between the Savini reveal and release.

Just finished up the 2.0, really cool presentation, would love a first person mode for counselors.

• Locked thread