Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I expect Shelly to be played as Shelly as possible. "Guys, I'm running around in circles by the other councilors making lots of noise because it's hilarious! Why won't Tiffany sleep with me? That bitch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's an option off of the menu in Offline Mode (one of two, Bot Fight or Cabin)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Boy, those bots sure enjoy swimming more than any human

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I had one of those games too where all of the campers more or less went to one spot...except Chad, Chad had commandeered a car and was aimlessly joyriding by himself on the other side of the map

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I find myself with 7/8s, but that last one is usually a Betrayed. I can only assume given Chadbot's behavior that this is him running someone over with a car on his mad escape

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Paladin posted:

What would be better for april fool's:

Tommy Jarvis replaced by Tommy Wiseau,
OR
Tommy Jarvis replaced by the little dog from part 2?

Tommy replaced by Tina who can press E to ragdoll Jason across the map. Wait that would just be awesome

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I wish they'd rejigger Part 7 to at least have a bonus to Stalk, since that guy was creeping up on everyone in the movie in spite of being a waterlogged pile of goo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I will say his nigh-infinite Sense is nice. By god I know where all of you kids are at all times, now hold still while I slowly waddle after you

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Or at least through those breakable garage door...things littering half of the cabins.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Speaking of Tommy, it seems if he's the last bot alive, he really enjoys just finding a nice campfire somewhere and standing there doing nothing until the inevitable end. I've gotten him twice this way. Even smacked him once just to see if he'd get going. Nope

Also yeah, I've teleported to the car at the very start of the match and found LaChappa had somehow already beaten me to getting the battery in. Was like, you little dick

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 22, 2017

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Finally cleared Virtual Cabin. Whoa hell but taking a left through the woods outside made me jump

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

All part of their ingenious plan to make you waste about five seconds killing them while their fellow councilors take advantage by hiding in more closets.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

I’m glad they released the 7 kill pack because I’m probably playing 80% against 7 now which makes it much easier as a counselor. I know I can search through drawers as he attacks the door because it’s going to take him an hour to finally knock it down.

If he's smart, he'll keep his Forever Sense going and keep a tab on whatever window you're looking to escape from (can't track you inside the house obviously, but he can see you clear as daylight the moment you dive out). 7 can't outrun anyone, so he kind of requires being where a councilor is going before they get there.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 26, 2017

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They're pretty good about ironing out the more glaring problems that turn up. It's just that whenever they do a dozen more hilarious and terrible things start happening.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm so easily tunnel visioned. I would have chased down that one who was dancing for the next twenty minutes. 1/8, jerk!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Oh I'm sure it's optimal to like, winning and stuff to let Dancey Magoo run free after something like that, but hell if I can let an affront like that stand :colbert:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Any idea why the Push to Talk key would suddenly stop working? It went out the other day (turning it off entirely still worked, so the mic was fine), I reset the in-game settings. Worked. Today it's out again and resetting does not work.

Googling it, it seems like this is a common problem that no one really has an answer for.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And then it started working again. Seems like if I go to the lobby, set it to auto-talk, go back and make noise so the speaker icon goes off, then I can go ahead and set it to Push again without a hitch. Bizarre.

Anyway, had a terribly funny run of games. We piled into the car in one, Mitch was driving, me in the backseat with someone else. Mitch immediately takes a left and plows into a tree. Like ten seconds of silence, then girl to my left goes "Uh, do you want me to drive?"

Next game I'm Jason, trying to chase down two people with about an equal shot of who I'm going after. One guy helpfully goes "Crap I'm out of stamina." Dawned on me after I killed him that would be a nice way of faking someone out.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

As is, it's a complete bitch for Jason to grab anyone if they're slightly sprinting away from him. Jason shouldn't be whiffing like a goober on councilors hanging out right in his face.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Holy poo poo that's a great trailer

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Roy was a bog standard ambulance driver who was somehow crushing people's heads with his hands. I think I can accept him now being able to teleport.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If anything it'll be odd if Pammy is still there telling Roy to go avenge her. "Wait who were you again? Ah who cares."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Grip strength is only ever a problem on those times where you've got someone but things are too cramped to make a kill light up, so you waste time tromping them around (and you weren't a lamer who rolled with the Choke kill).

Also huh, he has a variant skin

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I find Stalk lovely. You're chasing someone, you hit Stalk, people get incredibly stupid and think you've gone away or something. No, no I haven't.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Now Junior, he deserved it. Jesus christ never was I so happy to see a beheading

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

Please let this be an actual thing. Instead of the sweater, a male counselor has to find the abandoned ambulance to procure a tasty chocolate bar to torment Roy with.

Also when he dies he inexplicably falls backwards onto a farming harrow, impaling himself.

They could make use of the second story windows and say you have to kill him near one of those. A harrow will magically appear at ground level when he dies.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I am irrationally mad that DBD gobbles up cool licenses and ideas (Jigsaw as a killer who does people in via convoluted bullshit traps is pretty inspired) and then manages to make them all lame as soon as the streamers whine about losing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He does not. That guy just kind of gets hauled off by the cops and is never heard from again.

Been playing against bots more lately and...man, they're all over the place. Most of the time half of them will duck into a closet and wait for you to kill them. Sometimes they'll get clever and make rushes for the car and the phone, keeping you hopping everywhere just to hold them still. Always, always they'll magically turn up with too many pocket knives and odds are very good Tommy will (for some reason) zone out at a campfire and patiently wait there to die.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Messed around with Tommybot some more, he will leave his campfire trance and run off if you carry him out of a certain radius of it (which usually requires grabbing him at least twice as he'll escape your grip while walking him out), but otherwise will stand there forever and get killed. Very odd

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Really it doesn't make sense for Parts 2-4 to be doing that poo poo either, since back then he was presumably just a big lunk with Mommy Rage. He'd even yell "Ow" if you hurt him

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

There was also that bit in the Virtual Cabin where they said they started out with some dummies for Kane to beat up, but had to keep replacing them since he wasn't leaving them in any condition to function.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Either that or his psychiatrist was crazy, you could read it either way

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I acknowledge H20 also since that was really a perfect wrap to the series

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

By the time Jason 4 rolled around it could have been either. He could have been Super Mad enough to kick a dog or else that dog just realized how Super Mad he was and knew it was time to get away

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWY8yPd2ht8

Behold as the dog survives a jump that would kill any of this game's councilors

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I would think you could hire an indie wrestler or something, it's not like they make a fortune for what they do.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I just play random all the time, which somehow translates to always being AJ. It's admittedly nice being aware four or so people are guaranteed to die first and Jason ain't gonna find my rear end until we're a ways in.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The flipside of playing random, drawing Fatty McFatfat and starting out right next to the phone box. Jason decided he was gonna chase my rear end down for the next three minutes until I ran out of gas

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean if you're silly enough to get into a melee fight with Jason, you pretty much deserve to die. You can run from Jason, you can trick him into doing dumb things like not realizing cars can go backwards and forwards. But fighting him should be a resort of the desperate :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I will completely slash it up if there are a bunch of people crowding and it's obvious they're just waiting to smack me as soon as I try a grab. Then they'll probably dance

• Locked thread