Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

rio posted:

So earlier tonight I had a glitch where Jason couldn’t attack, break windows grab or anything except use traps or throwing knives. It just happened again in my last game and a guy was cool enough to hit me to fix it - it happened three times in one game. Is this common or was I just really unlucky? I’ll put down that I prefer playing as counselors if I have to but although it was funny in the last game since everyone was cool I’d prefer to avoid it. Oh and in the same game when I glitched other people couldn’t interact with windows, although for them some worked and some didn’t.

It happened to me a whole bunch too when I was trying to smash a window but... Didn't. The "SMASH" prompt just stuck there too no matter where I warped to on the map. I was out of throwing knives both times too (as that was all I could do. Could "grab" too, but the counsellors all hid inside hahah) but I think maybe smashing that window would have unfroze me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
What's the grab nerf? I don't like the sound of that.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Regrettable posted:

Grab distance was reduced and the size of the cone was also reduced so they basically have to be directly centered in front of you and almost touching you for it to work.

Oooh sound. I never telegrabbed anyway. I was worried they'd made kicking out super easy or something.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The further way this game is to Dead by Daylight regarding balance the better it is.

We'll have to see how it plays out. Obviously no-one will ever grab Tommy now, but maybe that'll subtly encourage people to pick off the other counsellors first leaving him for last? IDK. Maybe he should have just spawned with a random pickup to keep Jason on his toes?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Danaru posted:

This is also why I'm excited to get to Jason X :allears:

Once you get to part 6 of a series about a killer zombie-man you HAVE to get your tongue in your cheek and that's exactly what parts 6-Freddy do. Highlights being 6 and X. The former for being smart and funny about it and the latter for just having fun with it.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Ghostpilot posted:

A peek at what's coming in the upcoming patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/7i9veq/balance_updates_in_the_upcoming_patch_12072017/

Hope you're not attached to the Heavy Hitter perk.

Never been on Reddit before... Christ that's horrible.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I can't wait to lose my life again once the bots drop.

I wonder if you'll still get (reduced) xp and will the progress towards achievements still count? I've got every kill with Jason bar the graveyard fence one and maybe... MAYBE now I'll get it.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

TheBizzness posted:

Offline mode is just too easy.

I never imagined it as anything other than a sandbox murder simulator to be honest. I can never see the ai being able to beat a human controlled Jason ever.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm pretty sure now that Uber Jason will just act like a normal Jason.

We had mad plans and ideas before about how he'd be a souped up version, like resurrected if the team killed Jason in a certain way on the Grendel or whatever, but if you look at his character model in the cabin you can see just sliiightly under his mask. In the film it's loving vacuum formed to his face, but it definitely looks like we'll be able to unmask him in-game.

God, that reveal had me so pumped. I love this drat game and these dumb as poo poo movies. :allears:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I've never heard Kane speak until recently and imagining him threatening someone with rough stunting with his pleasant voice is pretty amusing to me.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Danaru posted:

Create-your-own Jason

The idea never even entered my mind and now I'll never stop weeping at the loss of this feature.

Oh man, this would never happen in a million years, but I'd love a "Create your own killer" mode. Obviously no "Jason" Hockey masks, but a myriad of other masks where you can decorate them like in the Army of Two games.

I just really like masks.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Oh God, the single player looks great! Weapon swapping looks great! I just love this great game. :allears:

I'll definitely pick up the extra weapon kills now that they're not tied to specific Jasons.

edit: Looks like maybe Uber will play out as a regular Jason, unmasking and all. We still better get Part X as well.

And why is part 7 so hated? I've never had any problems when I've rolled him.

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 16, 2018

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I can only imagine destruction will be tied to the Jason and it'll take a timed amount to break doors regardless of what he has.

I guess maybe I've just gotten lucky with my Jason 7 games. I thought most slow Jasons sucked until i realised they could "power walk". hahaha.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Danaru posted:

I'd love to see Illfonic implement Kane Hodder as the FBI agent from Part 9 as a second hero character that can replace Tommy. When he kills Jason, instead of putting a machete through his head, Kane calls down the mortar strike from the beginning of the movie :haw:

Hell yeah! Hahaha. Also echoing the need for Creighton Duke to be another hero character too.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I rolled a random pub team way back when and they were all Chads and they all just loving swarmed me. It was p.funny to be honest.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

That's fantastic. hahaha.

edit: I forgot I only mentioned this in the GBS Friday the 13th thread, but if anyone is into electronic/synth music (then you probably already know this) Carpenter Brut's new album "Leather Teeth" is a faux-soundtrack to an 80s slasher movie that has never been made. It's great.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hahaha the devs are national treasures. :allears:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

TheBizzness posted:

Also I don’t have the patience for these single player challenges.

The unskippable cutscenes are killing it for me. Especially with how drat buggy it can be at times. Like AJ's body flying backwards and Chad noticing her immediately when he entered the house in the second challenge. Then in the 3rd challenge as soon as I started Kenny just BEELINED for me for some reason.

But hey, know what? If they iron out the kinks I'd pay out the rear end for a full game solely devoted to Hitman: Agent 13.

edit: And the ai break your grab almost instantly. Make sure you time snatching them when you're right by an environmental kill or on level ground. (when not going for pre-set kills)

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 25, 2018

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

joylessdivision posted:

The reaction on Twitter has been doom and gloom. Or people demanding refunds or claiming the developers are "Just giving up"

It's intensely stupid. So the usual.

People are the loving worst. Between these reactions and the internet making GBS threads itself because Cyberpunk 2077 isn't set in an eternal night during a thunderstorm I'm about done.

I am devastated this has happened. The game was a mess at times, but it had heart and I loved it dearly.

I don't know how long this legal mess will take to clear, but let's hope that once the dust settles a stray bolt of lightning brings the game back for one last rampage.

Or a "Cropsy" dlc loophole.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
If there's ONE good thing about this lawsuit, it's that we didn't get that prequel where the killer was Elias Voorhees for the first half of the film before the shift to a Jason POV cam (someone stabbed him in the head with a go-pro :rolleyes:) for the last half.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Friday the 13th: Jason Lives part 2 sounds great.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

King Vidiot posted:

Gun Media should just release content updates with legally-distinct renames, like Mason Ex and his map The Brundel.

"Why no, this new character we're adding is our own creation. Mason Moorhouse."

I wonder if they could get guest killers ala Dead By Daylight. Cropsy, Hatchet(Alex Crowley?), Leslie Vernon.

The one downside I can think of is so much of the gameplay is made to be extremely Jason-centric. Like the sweater, Pam's head and all that. People would probably have a fit though, screaming about how the lore is different for Cropsy or whatever.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I just don't understand why things have to be so stupid.

As 1985's pop band Opus once sang, "Life is Life".

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
loving hell.

edit: Watch people who don't know how the world works start sending death threats to the devs.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Lurdiak posted:

The hundreds of people who keep insisting the lawsuit is some kind of scam on the part of GUN and Illfonic are really stressing me out. Every time I try to check on upcoming bug fixes, there's a couple dozen of them screaming about conspiracy theories, and they're so convinced that the evidence is on their side.

People are just terrible.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I heard rumours there were leaked assets from the Grendel map. Any truth to that? I couldn't dig anything up.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
This might make me sound like a sick gently caress, and I'll not argue the point, but I dislike DbD because you don't kill anyone. You smack some kids around and they fall over and then they're taken away by a giant sky spider. It just feels so much more satisfying to grab some little punk and then eviscerate them in a bizarre and weird way. :allears:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

dogstile posted:

It's a shame you apparently have to like one and hate the other though :rolleyes:

I WANT to like Dead by Daylight. I want to like it so much that I'd buy all the DLC. How great is it that there's a game out there where you can play all these great movie villains. It just does nothing for me.

I wonder if instead of downing and sacrificing the kids there were "execution spots" instead? Pure fantasy talk here, obviously, because it'd need re-balancing to gently caress. But instead of hooking the victim you down them and take them to where the hooks were and then you murder them horribly. Don't want to get too "fan-fic" or anything, but I've got images in my head of Pighead fixing SAW traps to the victim's heads and letting them run off whereupon a timer counts down before their heads are bisected or Freddy dragging them into a small nightmare arena for some weird and wonderful executions.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
That "Last Year" 1 vs 4 horror game is meant to be out this year, isn't it? Looked like Friday the 13th but with more emphasis on traps and it has more of a Giallo kinda vibe.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I know I'm an idiot who loves smashing my face into a hot stove, but I read some of the Facebook comments when Illfonic made another announcement about the lawsuit thing.

People were raging at them for not fixing the lawsuit faster. :psyduck:
"Just change the terms of what they want!"
That kind of poo poo.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
loving bonkers, aren't they? The odd crackpot who pipes up with their ideas that this was all a conspiracy so the dev team doesn't have to make more content is the most baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

joylessdivision posted:

And if they went back to that idea,I would play the hell out of it. Add some customization ability to the look of the killer and I'll pony up $40 again.

I can say without any trace of hyperbole that if they did this I would absolutely buy it again. OH GOD! Now my mind is awash with ideas and fantasies about the mask/killer creation system and it's BEAUTIFUL.

• Locked thread