Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I found this out a couple of days ago in a pub round, goddamn hilarious. Most people seemed to know already but I got some kid in one of the small 1-room cabins who didn't know what the gently caress, he was all "WHO IS IT, WHO IS IT????" :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Queering Wheel posted:

What key do you use on PC to do the door knock?

E, it works if the door's locked. Otherwise you just open it, or smash it if Rage is active.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:mrapig: Friday the 13th: The Safespace :mrapig:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

And I guess also pretend that every counselor is still driving beat-up old 70's cars and wearing 80's clothes in the 2000's.

They're all hipster as gently caress, down to not carrying cell phones and using CB/land lines to call for help against an immortal serial killer.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I didn't kill that guy by pushing him off the roof, it was bad reality code

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

-A psycho stalker girl who was cute and Terry wanted to get inside proceeded to go psycho after Terry realized she was psycho and internet-dumped her. She got lovely in the discord and was subsequently banned by the combined might of myself and Burk. She may or may not have killed herself.

Also she was a furry. Everyone seemed curiously nonplussed about this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jason 7 really is hard mode. We had one game at Crystal lake where there were 2 car spawns, and the phone as far from those cars as could be. (Springwater spawn) One of the vehicles was repaired and the cops were called by the end of the game. I likely would have lost someone if Terry didn't blunder into an off-script trap I put down.

I find J7's superhearing as much a detriment as a benefit because it's virtually impossible to tell how far away you're hearing things, it's way too easy to morph and miss the target by more than a shift's distance because you can hear 3/4 of the drat map.

Burkion posted:

All I know is that if you have Random Jason set, you are almost always going to be 7

So true.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Haha, nope. It's even been happening in goon games, although we've been getting lucky and having Jason intercepted by trees and road signs and poo poo like that.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

So Icey Seifuku posted:

Go all in and give us the NES Camp Crystal Lake.

Dead counselors become zombies.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

^^^ Yeah and don't forget all the server/account troubles the game had after launch were due to it being hugely more successful than they anticipated.

If I have the chance I prefer to hack people down to limping before grabbing, that way if they have any medsprays or pocket knives it isn't so damned annoying later.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 30, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I mean, if you trap the phone and the car battery / gas - I don't see how you don't go 6/8 at minimum.

Do you have trouble catching people, finding them?

We already had one Snatch Duster.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Enderzero posted:

Getting pretty tired of people hanging on to their excessive thick skin perks. Makes it hard to figure out what it takes to kill someone.

Broken Thick Skin is life but I am wondering why they didn't force an unequip of all counselor perks with that patch.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

I'm on PC, and it feels like in the past few weeks there's been a swell of new players, probably from Twitch streams bringing in new blood, and the new blood are all Twitch streamers too.

Which means every other motherfucker thinks they're a comedian and everything they do feels like they're trying to get Highlight Reel material for their Youtube channels. Or else you just get generally-imcompetent people or assholes. Incompetent people are fun to mulch as Jason, not so much fun when you're trying to play with them as a counselor.

This is truly the greatest reason the loss of teamkilling sucks.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chad Bod

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Wow, that sounds like an entirely different game built in the same engine.

I can completely see why it wasn't finished on release. It was either release the multiplayer component (the original intended game) when we got it, or delay the game until like an entire year later. I'm totally fine with the wait if it's going to be something fully fleshed out like they're describing.

Yeah, and it also sounds entirely awesome and worth the wait. I love that kind of challenge mode in most any game.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Regrettable posted:

Tinfoil got 9/7 in a pub game earlier.

When you die in the game you die for real

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

It's random, the problem is that it's truly random. I've spent a lot of time writing code that generates stuff randomly and if you use true, real randomness, ironically, the results don't seem that random. Typically you have to tinker with the results.

In this example it would be better if, rather than picking a counselor at random, it shuffled all of the counselors and kept track of which ones you'd played as recently.

Yeah, I seem to get Kenny and Jason VII disproportionately on random.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

They really poo poo the bed on that ending though.

"So then after the toxic waste flows past, Jason's been reverted to a little kid."
"Ooooh, you mean like little Jason when he was all deformed and ugly?"
"Oh no, just like a regular normal-looking kid and he's wearing his swim trunks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

Jason loves to grab people through walls in the movies and there needs to be some way to do that.

Instantly grabbing people through walls/doors/windows with Rage mode should be a thing.

• Locked thread