Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I want a Jason X space map but using the normal counselors so they're all just like "this summer got WEIRD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Clearly this in't the future. It's simply Chad's parents' summer retreat.
Also Chad isn't sharing the escape pods.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

I was thinking about what Free DLC, emphasis on free, I'd want to see for this game and I settled on Sleepaway Camp. Like have the camp from Sleepaway Camp as a new map, and have an optional skin that replaces Tommy Jarvis with grown-up Angela. Maybe they could even get Pamela Springsteen to lend her voice and likeness to it.

I don't know, people might be too tempted to take the roleplaying too far and have Angela going around killing all the other counselors. It'd be like Chad but worse.

I think I had a similar idea a while back. I'd love adult Angela with quips after she kills people.

What I'm saying is Sleepaway Camp 2 is really fun and under appreciated.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
Heads up: The patch for the PS4 is live. That means that the crouch glitch has been fixed. Xbox version should be along shortly.

A link to the topic in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6l3nyf/ps4_hotfix_patch_is_live_goodbye_packanack_roof/

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

King Vidiot posted:

I was thinking about what Free DLC, emphasis on free, I'd want to see for this game and I settled on Sleepaway Camp. Like have the camp from Sleepaway Camp as a new map, and have an optional skin that replaces Tommy Jarvis with grown-up Angela. Maybe they could even get Pamela Springsteen to lend her voice and likeness to it.

I don't know, people might be too tempted to take the roleplaying too far and have Angela going around killing all the other counselors. It'd be like Chad but worse.

If they wanted to make a game mode where one of the counselors is the killer, Angela or a Ghostface would be the obvious licenses for it. Angela would need a good ten-minute introductory period to set up booby traps and stash weapons everywhere, though.

Really, though, this game is so uniquely F13 that the proper way to do another license would be to make a brand-new game with different mechanics in a similar engine. An ideal Sleepaway Camp game would be set in the daylight with more players, where you're trying to accomplish normal campground activities while the Angela player quietly murders her way through the counselors and campers, and dying also disables your voice chat. You could get bonus XP as a camper for panty raids and pre/extramarital dalliances in the woods.

You could also do Halloween, where Michael gains power and speed the longer he can go without anyone else finding a body or noticing him, so by the time he actually shows his hand he's a nightmare.

joylessdivision posted:

What I'm saying is Sleepaway Camp 2 is really fun and under appreciated.

SC2 and 3 don't have any budgets at all, but the quality kills are top-shelf.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I guess I should get around to watching Sleepaway Camp 3, but I heard it's even worse than Sleepaway Camp 2. The only thing I liked about SC2 was Pamela Springsteen, her psychotic enthusiasm was infectious. The movie itself was kinda cringeworthy, and I don't know if I could sit through another one of those.

But then yesterday I watched Don't Go in the Woods, which could quite possibly be one of the worst loving movies I've ever seen in my entire life. I'd happily welcome Sleepaway Camp 3 after sitting through that garbage.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Who would win in a fight, Human Jason (part 2-4) or Michael Myers

Better yet, would they be friends :murder: I smell a co-op game

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

I guess I should get around to watching Sleepaway Camp 3, but I heard it's even worse than Sleepaway Camp 2. The only thing I liked about SC2 was Pamela Springsteen, her psychotic enthusiasm was infectious. The movie itself was kinda cringeworthy, and I don't know if I could sit through another one of those.

But then yesterday I watched Don't Go in the Woods, which could quite possibly be one of the worst loving movies I've ever seen in my entire life. I'd happily welcome Sleepaway Camp 3 after sitting through that garbage.

Sleepaway Camp 3 is not good at all. If you didn't really dig the goofy fun of 2, you'll hate 3 because the writing is worse and the kills are all heavily cut.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Myres would lose to jason every time tbh.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Danaru posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqjbIu47PZo

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Danaru posted:

They would likely be friends

But if you're asking for serious, human Jason is still shown to be way stronger and more durable than Michael ever was. he also uses way more dangerous weapons- a butcher knife isn't going to do much to Jason, while an axe will take Michael's head off.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
So, this was a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09yOZsZuxMY

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:allears: Oh the 80's.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's kinda fascinating to see two people do a bit where one of them can't talk or use facial expressions, and it's still pretty dang funny. That can't be easy

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I've come to a realization

Tinfoil is to blame for his own problems. He just projects them onto Burk.

Also Tinfoil and Burk have played too much of this game as they can now nonverbally double juke Jason into a shotgun blast.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

The late 80s - early 90s were a fun time. Arsenio was legit unnerved by Jason there (check out the handshake at the end). Kane said that he was struggling to keep his composure during the interview.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
How have I gone so long without realizing Jason can knock on the door?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

what

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

WAT

e: I had a fantastic round as Jason last night and IT DIDN'T GET RECORDED... :negative:

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6D4zsuBMqw

This was news to me. It's cool, although there's no animation for knocking just sound.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6D4zsuBMqw

This was news to me. It's cool, although there's no animation for knocking just sound.

Can other players actually hear this? Or is it just a "you cannot interact with door" sound for the Jason player?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Can other players actually hear this? Or is it just a "you cannot interact with door" sound for the Jason player?

You can hear it, and it increases fear on people inside the cabin.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

a cock shaped fruit posted:

You can hear it, and it increases fear on the actual players. I was trapped in the cabin with a high-level counselor who had also never heard the knocking before, and we were both highly unnerved.

Can't wait to try it out next time I'm Jason.

Crescent Wrench fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 4, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I found this out a couple of days ago in a pub round, goddamn hilarious. Most people seemed to know already but I got some kid in one of the small 1-room cabins who didn't know what the gently caress, he was all "WHO IS IT, WHO IS IT????" :supaburn:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

McSpanky posted:

didn't know what the gently caress, he was all "WHO IS IT, WHO IS IT????" :supaburn:

Landshark.

So I discovered earlier tonight that uh... waiting out the clock by hiding in a closet for the entire round as AJ
A. is useless, because Jason eventually will get Stalk, and you won't hear him coming.
B. really annoys the hell out of all the other players, especially Tinfoil, who finally just told Jason where I was.

Oh, and I finally unlocked Adam. Of course in my first game with him, in quick play, Jason had a hate boner for me and just... wouldn't stop! Like, dude, people are calling the cops, fixing the car, escaping the map, but you gotta kill the punk guy with the propeller and no gas? That dude chased my rear end down for like a full eight minutes before he FINALLY caught me, and it was like... man, go after the others! Then I got to watch in horror as the most incompetent Tommy Jarvis I've seen yet fail at putting the gas in the tank of the car twelve times while the other four players told him to put the can down so they can do it. He finally figures it out, only to be Jason bait while the others jacked the car and took off, instantly escaping. gently caress that round. That round sucked. If that Jason had just let me be he would have killed all of us. Sad day.

I want that "Chad is a Dick" cheevo so bad

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
My personal rule about hiding as AJ for extended periods is I don't do it until after I get the two minute warning and only then if there are no better escape options. So far I am 2/2 for having it work.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
So me and four friends decided to play 'secret surprise' on Jason tonight.

We'd spread out, find all the objective items we can, deliver them to a car - Then all converge on a large cabin and hide in spaces. We'd set some bear traps and then just watch Synced Youtube. The pubbies would often repair and leave, but then we'd enjoy the hilarity as Jason enters the cabin, takes a stab at a bed, gets blood. Leaves.

Returns moments later, puzzled. Smashed a cupboard, gets a kill. Ah, there we go. Morphs away.

More time passes - Jason returns once more. Smashes a bed or two, confused, leaves. Returns AGAIN, smashes everything he can reach, gets another kill, then says over mic:

"There loving better not be any more of you." Walks out the door. Clearly activates sense. We hear him say "Oh for gently caress sake!"

secret surprise

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

What key do you use on PC to do the door knock?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Queering Wheel posted:

What key do you use on PC to do the door knock?

E, it works if the door's locked. Otherwise you just open it, or smash it if Rage is active.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Arsenio was funnier than people gave him credit for

Went to Oz Comic Con this weekend just gone. I was Jason from FvJ. I discovered that there are 2 very distinct groups of Jason lovers:

1) Young kids who 100% know who Jason is, and are thrilled to see him.
2) Middle aged women who love that you are a 'blast from their past' - and ask you to choke them in the photo.

There is also the odd 'Other' Jason. I saw a Part 2 Jason who took a selfie with me, who had no weapon. The exchange is as follows:

Me: Where's your pickaxe?
Him: Part 2 is a very low budget film.

Edit: selfie he took

Don't hate on this pure, wholesome content

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tell me the fear increase is a small one time thing, and that once word gets out about this we won't have people slam-spamming E on the doors to make people terrified in seconds.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

King Vidiot posted:

Tell me the fear increase is a small one time thing, and that once word gets out about this we won't have people slam-spamming E on the doors to make people terrified in seconds.

As a Chad, let me just wet every pair of pants in the world real quick.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

I want that "Chad is a Dick" cheevo so bad

I got that by accident yesterday. One of the rare times I actually tried driving because driving sucks, but I managed to reverse all the way to the exit.

As the camera whipped around I saw the dude I thought was in the car the whole time chasing desperately after me.

Got two cheevos for that, the one for escaping as a driver and then "Chad is a dick".

I did feel bad for the dude after and apologized, although the lobby thought it was pretty funny

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

I got that by accident yesterday. One of the rare times I actually tried driving because driving sucks, but I managed to reverse all the way to the exit.

As the camera whipped around I saw the dude I thought was in the car the whole time chasing desperately after me.

Got two cheevos for that, the one for escaping as a driver and then "Chad is a dick".

I did feel bad for the dude after and apologized, although the lobby thought it was pretty funny

I almost got it once with a boat and all of a sudden I stopped and... yep. During the animation I asked why, why would you rob me of that?

Jason replied "It's my job."

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

How do you get the Chad is a Dick achievement anyways?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Escape alone in a vehicle while at least one other counselor is still alive.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

I almost got it once with a boat and all of a sudden I stopped and... yep. During the animation I asked why, why would you rob me of that?

Jason replied "It's my job."

I had a couple shameful games as Jason yesterday. A 0/8 because the loving car escaped and the cops were called and I just said gently caress it after 2 others juked me.

I was going to just sit in my cabin but I tried catching the last dude and ended up morphing under a loving bridge. That game sucked.

Really most of my games yesterday as Jason were garbage and I ended up just leaving the game alone for a few hours after a crash because I was so annoyed with how badly I was playing.

I did have some fun moments like ducking into an outhouse to go have a cigarette after a poo poo match and being the sole survivor by accident. I may or may not have managed to get to the cops. Also survived a match because Jason and I became bros because I was the final survivor.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Sleepaway Camp 3 is awesome (especially the flagpole kill) but like someone said, the kills were heavily neutered for reasons I don't understand. You can see the cut parts in the special features of the blu-rays but they're basically upscaled SD. The movie would have been so much better if they'd left that stuff in.

Buy the blu-rays, y'all. They look great.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Also, RE: Jason knocking on doors: Even funnier than that is when counselors forget to secure the doors. Jason DOES know how doorknobs work. :allears:

Edit: I mentioned this before but my favorite game was when I put on Stalk and walked right into the Packanack Lodge, which was unlocked. The counselors were gathered upstairs discussing strategy and freaked the gently caress out when I walked up there.

Which leads me to another reminder: Jason can hear everything you say if he's close to you. I was outside a building when I heard a guy say, "Oh poo poo, guys. He's here. You guys go get the car. I'll stay here and distract him. I have three pocket knives. Then come pick me up." So I axed him to death then morphed to the car and killed the rest. That guy was the most helpful counselor ever.

...! fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Discussion of Rambo in the rlm thread reminded me that if your movie was dumbly reaganistic the MPAA would let you get away with anything.

Jason should have worn a flag shirt and murdered russian teens to get past the censors.

• Locked thread