Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Watched some videos and game looks good, day one purchase most likely.

Is it just going to be that one map?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Sweet, in that case will definitely get this.

To those of you who played the beta (did anyone in this thread?), how insufferable is it with pubbies?

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Yes, I'll be down for goon Jasons slamming an axe into my head.

Going back to the map chat from earlier - do we know what the other two maps will be? Are they all summer camp themed?

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

I almost bought that Dead Before Dawn game a few weeks back when I first became aware of Friday XIII and just COULDN'T WAIT any longer to play survival horror co-op.

What's the issue with DbD exactly?

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

I don't think I've ever actually bought a game on steam on release day before. Will it be available at 12.01, or is it a bit more random than that?

Friday is clear for me, so I plan to fire that poo poo up. drink a bunch of beers and play a bunch of games.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

So hows this going to work? Will we have a private goon server set up with passwords and whatnot?

I can only play Friday, as my cousins coming up on Sat and is staying the weekend, and I've got to look after him. :smith:

BeigeJacket fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 22, 2017

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

We'll make a STEAM group - but we need to come up with an acceptable name.

Jason Goonhees?

Approved.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Inside Out Mom posted:

Why not create a discord server? Steam groups are ok, but I've had more luck with other games just dropping into discord chat and getting something setup.

I do not know what discord is. I do not know what it does.

I am old.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Even though I'm psyched for this game, I've only ever seen two of the Jason films (New York and the space one) and IIRC they were dreadful, witless trash.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Are you all Americans, or are there any other UK/EU types around to get some early games in on Friday?

Koo Koo Koo Mi Mi Mi

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Maybe it's me entering my 'old man yells at cloud' phase, but I just do not get streamers or twitch.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Alright, I've done my chores for the day - bathroom is cleaned, dinner is prepped.

Time to get stuck in.

EDIT: Welp, got murdered. Thanks random Korean guy in the chat, for explaining what the controls were!

Questions: Do the counselors not have access to a map? We were all running around very lost all session.

Camera seems a little twitchy as well.

BeigeJacket fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 26, 2017

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

When are you guys going to be around for a game? The pubbies have shown themselves to be lacking.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

This is going to sound unbelievably dim, but I still can't figure out this discord nonsense you lot talked me into.

I see this - http://imgur.com/a/USWKR

where are the loving messages?

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

weekly font posted:

that is extremely fuckin weird. were you the guy yesterday who also had his game video going all black?

No, only downloaded the game a few hours ago.

edit: oh, it was my ad/comment blocker

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Burkion posted:

TALES FROM THE GOON LANDS

British Jasons refuse to grab, thwarting master pocket knife plans.

Thanks Beige, your competence was my undoing

Oh, there was no strategy involved at all. No clue what I was doing. I was just mashing buttons when someone was near.

Games damned good fun, A+ will Friday again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing. Everyone else is grabbing gear and heading for exits and my guy is slowly walking like I'm in quicksand.

Are there map icons I'm missing or has everyone just memorized where poo poo is?

I got confused by this too. You have to pick up a physical paper map to access the game map.

These can be found in a a drawer, or in the box by the big board map which is outside a group of cabins.

• Locked thread