Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is that Lee from the Walking Dead game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
He sure picks some real stinkers. A job is a job, so whatever.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Yeah, "World of Warcraft," "Fallout," "Batman," "Elder Scrolls Online," "Starcraft."

I mean if you're only getting in on 10/20 top selling PC games of all time, what's the point?
I am sorry I offended your choice of bad games.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

VolticSurge posted:

I've thought it over, and I've decided that I'm not going with the John Cena music. Instead, I've found the perfect Jason gimmick. Now if only I can figure out how to 1.play the audio on a mic and 2. play it on an infinite loop.

Edit:Since some people might be confused,that is the theme song of a nigh-unkillable monster that stalks the protagonist of Lunethex's Syphon Filter LP. Coolguye knows who I'm talking about.
Rhoemer was killable, it is just that he made an unholy alliance in opposition to the Air Taser (PBUH), that made his spirit haunt you. Watch the LP for good screaming war crimes.

I just want a mod of Jason's mom's head to look like Hillary Clinton screaming at you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Three maps does look like a selling point.

The game is survival with an unkillable force. At its worst, it's you versus Jason versus people who are faster than you. You can kill people who screwed you over.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The best troll is to drop firecrackers near someone who is slower than you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Snatch Duster posted:

weapons get most people killed in my experience because they usually miscalculate Jason's grab

i preferred stocking up on pocket knives and trolling Jason until he just hacks you to death in frustration
His grab took priority over anything you did. Using weapons also made you lunge like an idiot who never swung a bat before.
Weapons are mostly death traps. Better to amass bear traps and lay them in one house for later.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 9, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Jason collapses into a pile and the game ends right there. Points get tallied. Don't think of it as survivors versus Jason. You are alone and those other people snagged all the pocket knives and smacked you while running from Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Also keep in mind they claim there's a system in place to designate a preference and to prevent you from not getting that preference too many times in a row.
Do you mean on picking Jason or am I not allowed to prefer one counselor?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 9, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Such is life in The Zone. You don't need to be violent with other people, but that is an aspect of survival. Killing people also lets you loot their bodies of those items. The game also lasts for 20 minutes at most and the tension might hit harder than Jason, so impatient people will hate the game.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 9, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Will there be enough interest in the game to start a goon group? I'm holding off on the game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can't pick up his weapon or his mask either.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The issue with weapons in Beta was that the stats were never really defined so people had no idea what they did. If you didn't have high luck all grabbing a weapon does pretty much is calm your character down, so they're less scared and won't make as much noise for Jason to home in on. Characters with high luck and weapons can actually stun Jason and they should really be the only ones making a swing at him
The only expectation was that the bat had the best chance to stun.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That looks bad. If Friday the 13th heads for that direction, they should have a perkless setting defaulted to on.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Why is a disadvantage a bad thing?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What is the deal with the virtual cabin?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://twitter.com/Rontao13/status/861665788838785025
Never.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can't wait for the Tress FX.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I hope they have achievements for each counselor, so people would bother to try them out.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Drunken Baker posted:

I'm going to book a half day holiday for Friday if I can. Hahaha.
A middle aged man. Taking time off work. To play a video game.

Well worth it. :murder:
Why not work the whole day in case the game itself somehow doesn't?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

We'll make a STEAM group - but we need to come up with an acceptable name.

Jason Goonhees?
Friday the Goon's Day.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They did mention that Jason gets another skill that turns off his music if you stand still. He now uses throwing knives and traps.

Basebf555 posted:

Jason really should be silent imo.
That goes well with him being deadly.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 23, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Wanderer posted:

Only if the dumpster is in a fixed location on the map and the punched head always sails clean into it, regardless of where you were on the map at the time.

I want to see clips of some poor counselor's head flying through windows, around trees, opening doors for itself, and bouncing off the dumpster's open lid before landing inside. With NBA Jam sound effects dubbed in.
Jason should be able to murder someone so hard they bust through parts of buildings.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I anticipate there will be some matchmaking hitches at launch, as is fairly common in beta and other games at launch. It's hard to test your servers given that there's no way to replicate the potential load on them except with a beta or other open testing phase.

This is why it's vital to have a good pool of people you can tap for private matches!
What matchmaking would there be?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am watching each movie and it isn't until the third that the serial killings happen before the hour mark.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is going to be very boring if everyone uses mics to work against Jason. Takes the mystery/horror element out of the game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Any time spent attacking Jason is time not spent calling the cops or driving home. Jason can almost telefrag if the conditions are right, before you can even hit him.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
ki ki ki Sure are a lot of poo poo covering up most twitch screens. ma ma ma

https://www.twitch.tv/admiralbahroo
They tried to drive to escape backwards and hit a closed gate. Now freaking out.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 24, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Hiding inside a house won't protect you from being shot from outside.
ki ki ki
ha ha ha

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Looks like they did away with the intelligence stat.
kiX3
maX3

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It does look like Jason can be defeated after all.
ke ke ke
hameha

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Friday-the-13th-The-Game/achievements?secrets=1
Achievements are out.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

1stGear posted:

Most of them are uninteresting "Do common thing X amount of times" but there are secret achievements that might hint at how to kill Jason. Put on Pamela's sweater?
Do that thing in movie 3.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Any streamer with tons of animated poo poo on the screen is intolerable. This guy is inoffensive and the subscription popup nicely clashes with Jason murdering people and during the downtime.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146845488
At the 2:27 mark.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I wonder if people are going to be angry that it is impossible to kill Jason during the beta despite being lied to?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

weekly font posted:

I think it's just for the initial repair, kinda like how Jason can break the car but you don't need to gas/battery it every time. There's also a boat escape now that I can't wait to gently caress up.

e: hahah I'm pretty sure I just watched a streamer break car escape. he drove in reverse the entire way out because Jason can't smash it from the back
Jason can smash the gently caress out of a car going reverse.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
One hour to see if the servers crash and burn. Steam seems to be hiding the game from its storefront for some reason.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The worst thing is the down time without any excitement, but if you want to spice up your life and take an axe to the back in my place, then go ahead.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It unlocked right when I was watching the Glover dance.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Not even one hour and Friday the 13th is knocked off the top seller list on Steam. DbD fanbois?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was hoping to find a deal for the game, but I'll have to sleep on it.

• Locked thread