Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

"oh it feels good to type on" is how you know someone is a pansy bitch with a fake job "oh i do the databases" "got a lots of email 2 send" "workin hard on this secret code" you soft-handed disappointment

your mother wishes she'd had a daughter and your father wishes he'd never had kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Mann posted:

The only excusable use of a mechanical keyboard is writing your suicide note when you realize how horribly you have failed at life by going out of your way to buy one.

Or, you know, you want to be able to hit more than like 3 buttons at once and have them work. Pretty much the only advantage to a mechanical keyboard, but it's kind of a legitimately useful reason to own one. They're also more durable.

Before you dogpile me for using one though, I'll have you know I'm a die hard user of THIS hosed up thing:

So pretty sure all the mechanical keyboard preachers would hate me

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

"oh it feels good to type on" is how you know someone is a pansy bitch with a fake job "oh i do the databases" "got a lots of email 2 send" "workin hard on this secret code" you soft-handed disappointment

In their defense have you ever used a keyboard that feels bad to type on? One of those mushy-lovely out of the box keyboards? They're pretty loving bad.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

OMGVBFLOL posted:

your mother wishes she'd had a daughter and your father wishes he'd never had kids

I like things that I do for hours daily to feel good. And I like doing things that feel good in general also! It's pretty cool you should try it instead of not being able to live with yourself

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ive literally never noticed any difference between any keyboard i've ever used in my life, including mechanicals

its just a keyboard. type whatever poo poo and move on. who cares

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ive literally never noticed any difference between any keyboard i've ever used in my life, including mechanicals

its just a keyboard. type whatever poo poo and move on. who cares

Some people like suckin dongs, are you gonna fault them doing it?

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

I.C. posted:

I didn't know what a Model M was. Is this it?

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh that's my pig!

You only find those in places that have been using computers since the 90s. Anything that bought PCs after like 1998 got the cappy rubber dome shits that broke in 5 years.

If you're actually doing real data entry, or writing, or serious computer touching that's really the best tool for the job.

Also doubles as a good bludgeon for when that pissass from down the hall starts in with the Friday afternoon change requests again.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Broose posted:

I just couldn't find a normal keyboard with n-key rollover. Only the fancy pansy mechanical ones had it. On that note it was well worth getting one on black friday. Feels great to type on, is super sensitive and I can play in the dark because of a simple red led backlight. Loud as gently caress though. Cherry MX or what the gently caress ever keys. What is with these colors and names? gently caress it I can play Battlefield and be able to press more than 4 keys at once.

Literally the only use for n-key rollover is for teens with pirated Fruity Loops wanting to make bad music playing chords on their computer keyboard because they can't afford a real keyboard.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I use a split keyboard and while it looks stupid it is obviously superior.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I do a lot of typing, and use a Logitec silent chiclet keyboard. I like it, and can move between laptops and keyboards without getting annoyed.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Nice Van My Man posted:

I do a lot of typing, and use a Logitec silent chiclet keyboard. I like it, and can move between laptops and keyboards without getting annoyed.

i find that totally abandoning toilets makes switching between adult diapers andjust making GBS threads my pants when i run out less annoying

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

In their defense have you ever used a keyboard that feels bad to type on? One of those mushy-lovely out of the box keyboards? They're pretty loving bad.

Every non-mechanical chiclet keyboard ever made.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

Nice Van My Man posted:

I also find that settling for the very worst garbage in existence makes my lovely life seem Ok since there is no goodness or light to show me how terrible all my choices are.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

fresh_cheese posted:

I also find that settling for the very worst garbage in existence makes my lovely life seem Ok since there is no goodness or light to show me how terrible all my choices are.

Yeah exactly, and it was $20.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

Nice Van My Man posted:

Yeah exactly, and it was $20.

*shudders in disgust & shakes head*
*walks away mumbling about cheesy keys*

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

poverty goat posted:

... steampunk tube amps for their headphones.

A friend of mine mentioned he wanted one of these. I am baffled.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I have a real job and there's still hours of email and Excel

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Blazing Ownager posted:

Or, you know, you want to be able to hit more than like 3 buttons at once and have them work. Pretty much the only advantage to a mechanical keyboard, but it's kind of a legitimately useful reason to own one. They're also more durable.

Before you dogpile me for using one though, I'll have you know I'm a die hard user of THIS hosed up thing:

I swear by those for any real amount of writing.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blazing Ownager posted:

They make a mechanical with this lay out too...

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I also just recently saw a mechanical that's two halves you can put at any angle or even have your hands at shoulder width for max comf

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013
gently caress you, Starlord says cherry MX is clearly Space Marines.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Orange Cat posted:

gently caress you, Starlord says cherry MX is clearly Space Marines.

Guardians of the Galaxy has space marines now?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Im one of those guys who types really loudly even on regular keyboards. Makes me feel powerful and in control.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lol at thinking its excusable for literally any keyboard to cost $100
its cheaper to spend a hundo on a keyboard that will last you 15-20 years instead of spending 20 dollars on a new keyboard every year. i'm a huge prick

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I use one of those floppy plastic keyboards you can roll up and an unassuming but highly sensitive 3 button mouse (as in it just has left/right/scrollwheel). Whenever anyone asks me to use my computer to check something I'm just like sure go ahead and laugh internally.

Keyboard actually works great when you get used to it but you basically have to hit the keys dead center with good wrist posture so anyone not familiar with it basically will gently caress up their passwords roughly 100% of the time.

e: something like this for the uninitiated, tho I didn't get mine from think geek

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 19, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

I use one of those floppy plastic keyboards you can roll up and an unassuming but highly sensitive 3 button mouse (as in it just has left/right/scrollwheel). Whenever anyone asks me to use my computer to check something I'm just like sure go ahead and laugh internally.

Keyboard actually works great when you get used to it but you basically have to hit the keys dead center with good wrist posture so anyone not familiar with it basically will gently caress up their passwords roughly 100% of the time.

Your posts are so insufferable and retarded that this could actually be true

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Your posts are so insufferable and retarded that this could actually be true

It's not like i do it to troll people, I legit like them as peripherals they just sorta take some getting used to.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Clicky keyboards are absolutely worth the money if you type a lot.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also why was this thread not about mechanical keyboard "weirds"

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

Huh...

I always knew you preferred your junk to be floppy and rolled up out of the way.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
When I was typing 10000 words a day I splurged and got this puppy

Except mines black. Cherry switches. It rules rules rules.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

blugu64 posted:

On the contrary, clacking away gets people to close conference room doors when they're on speakerphone, and got me an office instead of cubicle. Clicky Keyboards own

Clickety Keyboards, the Chinese chicken.
Press the space bar and your brain starts clickin'.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Where's the space bar? Do you just yell "SPACE" or what?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That is the ugliest keyboard I've ever seen.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I'm the discarded keys that had to be pulled like diseased teeth from a misshapen animal maw.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Think she's spotted it... just... yeah.
That's right sweetheart, ergonomic management keyboard.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All keyboards are mechanical.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Imagine getting so cross about keyboards you make an OP about it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Maybe OP will get mad about durians next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:

sout posted:

Where's the space bar? Do you just yell "SPACE" or what?

you just slam your head into the big space in the middle

• Locked thread