Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

spacetoaster posted:

Tells such cool things as how she was apologizing to Obama for the loss, and how Obama was telling her to give up and concede.

lol

Which time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
"On my way to be your president, later haters :smug: "

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Blistex posted:

"The campaign assassination of Bernie Sanders by the coward Hillary Clinton"

A startlingly accurate, deep metaphor

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

Good news, friend! This is the new thread for making fun of dejected Hillary supporters

Good I'm glad of it. In these trying times it's comforting to know that opponents across the political sphere can relish the failings of destructively entitled elites

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I can't imagine a bigger outsider than a woman president :)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

the only thing to do with outsiders and Hillary Clinton I want to see is her recreating the ending of the Shining

I can't think of a bigger outsider than someone jumping out of a highrise window :)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
That excerpt where Hillary's debate coach tells her during prep that she made a mistake in one of her answers and her response: "fine, you do it." But then she actually makes him pretend to be HRC while she berates and tears him down is both Mad-Queen levels of maniacal and poetically emblematic of how nobody can fail Hillary harder than she has failed herself.

I wonder if in that moment she secretly relished the chance to vicariously attack her disappointing self

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

skasion posted:

Totally. The book makes it seem like she doesn't identify at all with her public persona and despises herself.

Hillary is probably cool, definitely smart (in some ways), and just my kind of darkly funny but her quest for power has morphed her into a ghoulish caricature of how a successful politician conducts oneself.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

IronClaymore posted:

I just kinda feel bad for you because your flag is boring. Maybe if you'd kept the Union Jack for a few decades you'd have come up with something more personal to your land, just trying to fight against that hateful cross. And an actual artist instead of a school kid could have made your flag.

Our flag kicks rear end! it's garish and bloated with symbolism

E: I'm not even being sarcastic when I say our flag rules.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 20, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
You should know better than to try telling Americans how to behave because we plain don't listen but you should really know better than to speak as a social authority when your country has actual irl Nazis shutting down townships with regularity

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
gently caress voting it's so disappointing without fail. Give the people what they want: gladiator battles. Hell we could even preserve precious democracy by letting democrats and republicans vote on each candidate's champion. Call it the Electoral Arena

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Bernie was in the unenviable position of wresting control from the donor class. if he went after them harder and still lost he'd have been out of a job, life.

the mans got grandkids for christsakes

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
She opened the pickles goddamnit what more do you hayseeds want?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

you're glad the people with the moral and correct stances have no political power lol

which people?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The shame is I bet Clinton could have run successfully on a totally Anti-Trump platform, she just chose the wrong things to highlight. Playing up Trump the con man, Trump the rear end in a top hat boss, Trump the rich, out of touch piece of poo poo who is using his voters only to gently caress them over once he's in power.

They literally did this with stunning success to a boring Mormon dad 4 years prior. Here you have the embodiment of unchecked capitalist privilege and excess and you went with... Dangerous Donald?

you're so close to the heart of the matter

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I'm not saying Hillary wasn't many of those things, just that it also would have been a more successful line of attack on Trump. What, you're telling me people were going to start caring about hypocrisy during the election?

anybody could have beat Donald Trump, except Hillary. she was so bad she lost to donald trump. she's a bad candidate riddled with hubris and bad judgement. THeres no outcome where Hillary beats Donald Trump, because she is bad. the successful outcome where donald trump loses is the one where hillary wasn't his opponent.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
hot take: its good that bernie didnt win and risk getting constantly sniped in his sweet old balls by corporate democrats and republicans who neuter his progress and social progressivism in general

too bad democrats aren't in more dire straits though, they'll limp along for a few more cycles while the leeches get fatter and their base dries up

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Hilary being unlikable aside, it was silly of the DNC to agree to run someone who just cant seem to avoid getting mired in scandal after scandal after scandal. To even reference the pattern of supposed impropriety dating back to the late 70s meant you were just buying into the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Not her most pragmatic endeavor, forcing herself and her decades of baggage into the candidacy.

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

I think someone earlier posted about Chelsea's CV in which every position she had held was because of nepotism and nothing was of substance.

Haha, Hillary sure know how to pick them! It was quite funny in the documentary about Carlos Danger's failure to get elected as mayor how pretty much nobody in the campaign gave a poo poo about Carlos. Because everyone who worked in the campaign only did it because they wanted to get close to Huma, since she was Hillary's protege and it was supposed to be her turn after 2016 :allears:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/03/chelsea-clinton-office-democratic-party-foundation-avenue-capital/

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

The Human Crouton posted:

"Power Women of NY" issue. I'm so sick of New York City crawling up its own rear end and trying to get the rest of the country to envy them for it. Just enjoy your amazingly satisfying NYC life, and leave the rest of us alone.

in this instance Variety held an event in NY honoring several women who have supported various progressive causes. Doubt if that was a nationwide issue.

http://feature.variety.com/power-of-women-ny-2017/

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/chelsea-clinton-hillary-clinton-power-of-women-new-york-variety-1202392371/

quote:

“I’m particularly proud and grateful for the example that my mother has always set,” she said, recalling a lesson she learned from her grandmother that seemed particularly pertinent: “It’s always better to get caught trying than to have never tried at all.”

Chelsea Clinton was honored at Friday’s event for her work with Alliance for a Healthier Generation, an organization working to end childhood obesity. “If you care about equity or economic justice or gender equality,” Clinton said, “you have to care about childhood obesity.”

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I sometimes like to imagine how many voters democrats would gain overnight if they publicly ditched gun control. :jihad:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Yug posted:

A lot but their liberal megadonors hate scary guns and more importantly hate the wretched working classes that appreciate them.

I have plenty of family members up in Ohio who are passionate gun owners who could easily be swayed to vote D (locally at least) if it weren't for the persistent belief that democrats want to get rid of guns.

But to change that perception would entail the dnc reconsidering their approach to gaining voters and thats just not in the cards right now

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Surprise surprise, Mordor has no clue what working class rural folks are actually like, would rather hate on a stereotype

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Mordor you need to address your issues irl not in online politics threads

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I thought the whole "the election broke your brain" was an exaggeration but wowee, nope!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

anime was right posted:

yug is literally a nazi, yall

Got quotes?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

anime was right posted:

too lazy to dig but hes got like a million quotes in c-spam. hes probably the only person id legitimately call a nazi on sa tho.

you shouldn't throw out accusations of someone being a Nazi if you're too lazy to provide evidence. Especially as a cspam poster.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Recall last year, before the New Hampshire primaries, when Hillary sent Chelsea to NH to tell low and middle income voters that Bernie, the man who campaigned heavily on healthcare as a universal right, was gonna help republican governors take away Medicaid. To hell with the Clintons.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

lol 90-100k a year just to show up to board meetings

Noice

A good chunk of the board where I work attend most board meetings via speaker phone

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 24, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I think my favorite thing about Hillary is her decades-spanning quest for power, amassing wealth and influence in all the networks that matter, hobbling every rival, having the media behemoth on her side and a hand-picked slimeball in the opposite corner, and she whiffs. Hard.

It's honestly forced me to reconsider whether money and media are as capable of shaping big events as I'd previously assumed they could.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
If America nation of racists then how we how elect black president, twice

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I cheered up a few of my friends and co-workers a little the day after the election with this joke:
"the silver lining is that we as a nation just elected our second person of color president"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

If anything, I just kinda feel like a disenfranchised voter. One of the only people in Washington who actually represented my interests got thrown under a bus. It's really evident that both major parties in the US are complete poo poo, and third parties are a joke. I voted for Hillary very begrudgingly. I might not bother voting again at this rate. When both choices would gladly stomp on my face, that doesn't give me a lot of incentive to pick one.

And what do you know, I'm not alone because voter turnout was absolutely abysmal and the worst it's ever been.

I used to be a Democrat but now I'm just... nothing. If they run Hillary again or someone like Mark Zuckerburg who has been considering a run, I absolutely won't vote.

Do what I did. Do your local and state research, vote local and state but don't vote for a presidential candidate. You'll feel good about not giving either corrupt national party your support and you'll feel even better about supporting local efforts that you actually have the power to influence.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
The combination of all pigments is an earthy brown color

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
longshot in Hillary's defense: I'd swallow my pride and also her pussy juice if she told us the truth about aliens like she once said she would.

But if Carter fell in line with the defense industry's gag order I don't doubt for millisecond that she wouldn't do the same

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

white_noise posted:

I'm only here to dunk on the idiots who use the fact that hillary sucks to make a point about the supposed good qualities of the republicans

Anyone who thinks they're dunking on people in gbs politics threads is dumb and should instead tongue dunk on my butthole

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Since Hillary Clinton is no longer running for president, you can make threatening posts about her and the Secret Service won't care

Amusing ploy but wrong. She and Bill are entitled to secret service protection for life. They changed the law in 1994 to only provide protection for ten years post-presidency but Obama changed it back so all presidents get a lifetime detail.

I just learned that Nixon was the only president to relinquish his lifetime protection.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

gumdrops posted:

The outcome of an election is not determined by those who vote, but by those who don't vote. Since 1945 or so, we have had pretty close elections, with not much more than half of the people voting. In the 1968 election about 80 million voted, and about 50 million qualified to vote did not. The outcome was determined by the 50 million who didn't vote. If you could have got 2 percent of the nonvoters to the polls to vote for your candidate, you could have elected him. And that has been true of most of our recent elections. It's the ones who don't vote who determine the outcome.

Then it's the fault of whoever runs candidates not worth leaving the house for

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Imagine how much worse the next republican candidate would have been had Hillary won. We could have gotten a Ted Cruz in 2020...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

If Hillary took Elizabeth Warren as a running mate, she would have won. Kaine had zero going for him other than the fact he enabled DNC garbage in the past. Mike Pence is an anti-gay arch-conservative and he's probably more qualified to do the job of president than Kaine, Clinton and Trump all combined.

Tim Kaine let Despicable Debbie take his place as dnc chair back in '11 in exchange for the vp slot. The machinations run deep. I shudder to think how many young potential leaders within the party have been quashed over the years to ensure a smooth induction for Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

Does the book shed any light on whether or not Hillary really carried hot sauce in her purse?

Hillary actually is a nerd about chili peppers and hot sauces but if you're constantly focus tested and image-conscious to an insane degree then people don't believe you when you say something honest.

Like saying you carry hot sauce in your bag to the black hosts of a hip hop and r&b morning radio show.

• Locked thread