Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

leaks are good, whistleblowers are good. idgaf what their origin or motivations are and that shouldn't matter so long as they are providing accurate, verifiable information about wrongdoings. let the russians air any of our dirty laundry they find all they want.

This, at least, was one issue that Missus Clinton was consistent on. She despises whistleblowers and has hated Wikileaks since the Arab Spring. I guess the CIA kisses her rear end so much because they're on the same page about people like Snowden. That, and they want to continue to work within the continental US (which is illegal).

I watched with hearty laughter as our very own forums started parroting the lines about Putin rigging the election. Seriously, how dumb are people that the words "unsecured server" are ignored completely in favor of some Tom Clancy-esque conspiracy garbage.

Mnoba posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety_Claudia/status/854075323314429952

chelsey will avenger her, that's the only reason i can think of that anyone would be reporting her some much lately

Chelsea Clinton has never looked cool and she's going to be even less popular if she loving tries it.
Let's watch her closely. Maybe she'll become a CEO for a major company. Maybe she'll play bass part time in a band, while working for charities. She has years yet to impress us and prove that she was not hatched from a clutch of eggs in a basement in Arkansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

VikingSkull posted:

reminder that not a shred of evidence about direct Russian interference has ever been produced

The CIA said they did, tho? Those guys know a lot, dude. They even started the Vietnam war and told everyone they didn't for like forty years.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Not this time :smugdon:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jose Oquendo posted:

Didn't that mod claim he did that because he didn't want goons to commit suicide?

It worked out like this: some forum goodguys made a "donate to RAINN" thread. The thread is probably still up, and it had to do with "Trump is a rapist, donate to RAINN or you are, too!" Emarx told the people who toxxed for Clinton that if they donated :10bux: then he would forego their bans. These donations are tax-deductable (you will also notice this charitable bunch mostly donated 10 dollars each, a nice deal especially if you have plat+avs).

The same oval office of a mod banned Bernie toxxers before the votes were all in and upgraded the Trump Towers guys to permabans.

After that, he and FAU spent the next several days wetnursing the bitchbabies who were so sad "my eight year old is crying" blah blah blah not to put a gun between their stupid lips. It was a spectacle and makes the whole idea of toxxing pointless.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Sammus posted:

It's completely true.

Hah. I haven't seen that memo before. What a strategy. Politicians can be so dumb when they use phrases they don't get, e.g. "a few bad apples".

The Pied Piper is the guy you tried to gently caress over who ends up killing your children. Jesus.

Uncle Wemus posted:

is that why exmarx isn't a mod anymore

I don't know, but I would hope so.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Some of you are acting as though "Correct the Record" is still a paying gig.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

...and the pitch! posted:

While some others think if they can just poo poo on Hillary enough Trump will start to have crossover appeal.

I just like making GBS threads on her because a bunch of people come out of the woodwork to wipe the poo poo off her and pretend they don't smell anything.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Stexils posted:

clinton specifically campaigned on continuing obamas policies and offered very little policy to distinguish herself. she spent the vast majority of time attacking trump and explaining how impossible it is to do things people actually want

Now, now. When she "beat" Bernie she pretended for a good 72 hours that she wanted affordable schools and better wages.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Attention all hands, brace for Godwin!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Yug posted:

The biggest problem is there's no one on the Democrat side that's competent or inspiring. Bernie's too loving old.

Still would've won, though.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

JB50 posted:

The DNC hates her with a passion though.
Their stock isn't exactly rising.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

...and the pitch! posted:

Yeah it seemed like people preferred the scary bigot

You jest, surely.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
At first I figured Trump would settle for Syria or some Banana Republic that went red, but NOPE, he even sent Pence to SK to herald the end of the "patience policy". Although I'm not sure what they're doing with that aircraft carrier now.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

lazorexplosion posted:

Everything about this election was perfect, well done to everybody involved. I don't see how you could possibly top this performance next time, but given that you have already exceeded my highest hopes I will wait with eager anticipation.

Cue A Perfect Circle - "Imagine"

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Yeah, but Sander's record and accomplishments don't count because IT'S NOT HIS TURN!

The whole "accomplishment" thing is the DNC/Clintonite wolf-whistle for "white man equals racist, misogynist nazi transphobe".

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Like, they could just say "nazi" and be done with it but I've noticed they love to rattle off all the labels.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I think it's funny that they reflexively turn to Chelsea for inspiration, as if the whole narrative of "Finally, a woman! She'll be more sympathetic and less likely to bomb people" won't fall apart in a matter of weeks when she cuts healthcare and goes along with whatever hawkish policy takes root.

And the whole "Hillary persisted" thing :laffo:
She didn't persist. She bitched and moaned and gained ten pounds after kicking everybody of her staff (presumably for deficient "respeto"). Doing the whole "I'm a survivor" thing to cue up the kneejerk neanderthalism that is the MSM.

Of course she survived. Presidential elections are not a fight to the death. If they were, Trump would be drinking E&J out of your skull.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Establishment politicians should put their money where their mouth is and do away with armed security.

If you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to fear? :smug:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/17/news/companies/expedia-chelsea-clinton-board-of-directors/

quote:

Expedia names Chelsea Clinton to board of directors
March 17, 2017: 5:51 PM ET
In a public filing posted Friday, the travel site said it named Clinton -- the daughter of Hillary Clinton -- as a member of its board on Thursday. Expedia (EXPE) said Clinton will be paid "in accordance with the company's standard compensation policies" for board members.
According to an Expedia proxy statement from August, non-employee directors were paid a $45,000 "annual retainer" and awarded $250,000 worth of stock in 2015.

quote:

Clinton serves on the board of one other corporation: IAC/InterActive Corp (IAC), the company that owns websites including Dictionary.com, About.com, Vimeo, Investopedia and The Daily Beast.

Honestly, she's a straight-shooter and just because she's a Clinton, that doesn't make her her parents. Sadly, I can't say how she affected the Daily Beast's coverage (lol) of the election because I was never a reader.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So what is the deal with the cult of personality around Joe "Creepy uncle" Biden? Sure, he's not Hillary but I don't see the greatness other than he has kept going even though he has been through some pretty big tragedies. Was it that people read all those quite funny onion articles about him and started taking that poo poo seriously?

He's better at making speeches and he exhibits human traits. That gives him a real edge in politics.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

skasion posted:

Biden is creepy and probably would have been somewhere to the right of Obama/Hillary as president, but his "im not running" speech was full of Bernie talking points which was absolutely hilarious and combined with the Onion version of him being a cool dude probably did a lot to create this perception

I thought it was supposed to be one of those obvious parodies. If it was, it's one of the only funny things the onion has done in months. If there's one thing I can certainly loathe the MSM for, it's their cooption of satire to serve their machine (so, not satire at all, really). They took a name that had years of consistently great material and turned it into punch and loving judy.

gently caress the idiots who are too pussified to laugh at everything, and gently caress those embarrassing soap opera sluts at univision.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

skasion posted:

Beast Rabban/Feyd Rautha 2024

At least Rabban comes down to the slave pits to whip us and laugh like a jackal at our misery. Lyin' Feyd just sits up in a tower, crossdressing and doing drugs.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

your friend a dog posted:

how can pepe be white supremacist w/ a mexican name

They came over on boats.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

"gently caress the poor".

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"Maybe we can appeal to the poors by being as crude as they are! Outwardly. Juanita still has to keep the silver polished and the crystal sparkling and my toilet...well...not lovely. I'm not watching NASCAR, though! Although maybe if I wore a backwards cap and hosted a poetry slam..."

- Democrats, 2017

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
So instead of hot sauce, Hillary should have yelled at her supporters like she did with her staffers?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I wonder if she puts rose petals in her crack.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

porfiria posted:

Jesus is reasonably well attested to for a wandering prophet no one would have cared about 2000 years ago.

They cared enough to kill him for opening his mouth.

But if by "well attested" you mean he deffo existed I expect you consider Josephus a good source, because there weren't many others.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

e. Dumb derail.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

nigga crab pollock posted:

im pretty sure they completely fabricated that entire story because they hosed up and crashed their top secret skunkworks stealth blackhawk that technically doesn't exist

No poo poo. When the news broke, the official story changed like 4 times in 24 hours. Like, holy poo poo, you guys launched an illegal sneak attack FOR PUBLICITY and you didn't have your story ready? What good is having a whole bunch of news orgs eating from your hand if you're going to gently caress up your own story?

"And now, in accordance with his religious beliefs, we will jettison him into the Indian ocean to be eaten by salt-water crocodiles, which he loved. No cameras."

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

nigga crab pollock posted:

its because we hosed up and crashed a top secret military prototype and pakistan gave it to china and told us to gently caress off. they had to obfuscate that with something people would care about, such as america murdering terrorist #1

I didn't dig very far when the news came. I thought it was a Chinook or something that crashed and lost several men and I remember thinking "yeah, that sounds like something we might do after a lengthy and expensive set of sims and dry runs". Zero dark thirty my rear end.

So is the prevailing notion that bin Laden is dead? Killed by people near him or maybe a lucky shot from our missiles? I heard several people say he was dead starting in the mid 2000s, including Benazir Bhutto. But then al-Zawahiri called on jihadists to take revenge on 9/11 (which syncs up w/Benghazi, I believe).

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

whoflungpoop posted:

What is it with underachieving men and conspiracy theories

I'll be the judge of my achievements, tyvm.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Conspiracy theories and their popularity are a good indicator of how much people trust what they are being told.

I'll take a stab in the dark before I trust pretty much anything the CIA says.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

skasion posted:

What about Bigfoot

He's just a wendigo with a kind heart :)

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Kiryen posted:

He also knew how to make a deal.

The difference between Bill Clinton and current Democrats is that sometime between they started believing their own propaganda.

This is the key to victory laying right in plain sight that the DNC's dumb frankenstein feet keep kicking farther away from their fumbling hands.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
If that's not surgery, I'll eat my hat.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Great Caesar's Ghost! This thread is 66 pages now. That's like all of tgrs combined.

Also

VikingSkull posted:

Bernie would've won
Can't be quoted enough.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

bonerjam posted:

i'l prolly get banned again by tropo but i don't think a woman should be president, or really involved in politics on the whole.

but if hillary was a man she'd still be a piece of poo poo.

I find that sometimes when I play as Deidre in Alpha Centauri I have to have crowds nerve stapled more often because they seem to think a woman is just inherently weak. Then I militarize my economy and wage a stupid war against someone who can't fight back and doesn't have anything I need so my trade partners don't think I'm a has-been.

Basically I rp as Hillary.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Buschmaki posted:

Sounds like you get A LOT of pussy, my dude

I just try to gain insight through video games. Is that why I can't get a second date? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

fruit on the bottom posted:

You're definitely a woman by this definition

That explains the voter turnout.

• Locked thread