Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Pick posted:

See this is very American though, which is the demonization of the loser. You ostracise them, No True Scotman them, etc. But the reality is, Hillary stood for what you wanted. You just don't want to admit that you lost because your views stood for you and not for a huge proportion of the country. SA is a bastion of 30-something white tech guys who received every benefit from Obama and stood to gain more from the next Obama at bat. But you can't swallow your pride and admit that it wasn't the candidate that was the problem, it's what you, the voter, wanted. Other people didn't want that stuff, they saw you'd gotten more than your fair share already.

See the problem with Hillary standing for what she wanted is the only thing she wanted was the Presidency. Nearly all of her policy positions were able to be refuted by clips of her from a year ago or ten years ago saying the opposite.

Take LGBTQ issues, Trump had a verifiable record on supporting them earlier than she did. Like, on record. TPP she was for until it was politically convenient. I can go on, but you get the point.

The only thing she stands for is corporatist globalization at the barrel of a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Pick posted:

You ought to think a rapist is a piece of poo poo you rear end in a top hat.

please this thread is about Hillary, not Bill

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

I don't loving care if we bomb Syria.

you ghoul

you absolute monster

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
this man said some bad things about women therefor he's a rapist and if you even think about not opposing him you are a rapist too

what? Syrians? eh, kill them by the dozen, see if I care

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

Dude, no one really cares if we bomb Syria. The average American can't even find Syria on a map, and fewer still can name the major players in Syria. No one could point to Aleppo on a map of Syria. It's all virtue signaling. Less than 1% of Americans genuinely, actually give a poo poo about this at all.

you must know some really dumb people because everyone I know is paying close attention to it and is against intervention

perhaps talk to someone other than a neoliberal for a change

e- actually my conservative and old school, slightly racist father is in favor of it. you and he would probably get along

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

What's the third most populous city in Syria

Name one district of Syria

Name one of Syria's non-petroleum major exports (e: pre-war obviously)

Tell me if the American retirement age has gone up

Berlin

the ISIS caliphate

self driving trucks

lol you can't retire in America thanks to neoliberal and neoconservative policies

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Blue Raider posted:

i must be missing something because I'm a terminal degree having moderate republican and i basically agree. what am i missing?

this is the greatest burn, bravo sir

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Your position is understandable, based on where you are coming from

the thing is, there was a time when Democrats provided an alternative to that

the joke is that now Democrats are just moderate Republicans with a different name

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

Focus on foreign policy is ridiculous when the average American just wants to hear "USA will remain top dog and if anyone messes with us we'll gently caress 'em up."

to be honest it really sounds like you want to MAGA but are hung up on idpol issues

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

What happened? If he raped whoever this is why wasn't it front page news for the entire election cycle?

Pick means Ivana Trump, Marla Maples was Trump's mistress

Ivana claimed in the divorce hearing that Trump raped her, but recanted the story later

if it was brought up in the election Trump's team would have just fired back all of Bill's accusers, like they eventually did after those women came forward

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

Haha yeesh. I was just playing around with this thread (as usual). Interesting to know what people think, though. Have fun.

it's a good foil because right now there's a Hillary supporter reading this thread and totally fuming about it, and that's good enough for me

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Kiryen posted:

San Francsico could get vaporized and it would still be "meaningless war" wouldn't it?

you could have picked any other city and people would have given a contrary answer

of course no one gives a poo poo about San Francisco

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Kiryen posted:

Even lefties.

Unironically, even if it's seoul you could ahve a 6-figure death toll and these worthless fucks would still be trying to blame Trump, secretly fearing they'd get drafted and not just be able to complain on the internet.

man I'm as isolationist as they come but even I would agree to going to war if Seoul or another allied city was attacked without provocation or our national security was at risk

we should have carpet bombed the poo poo out of Afghanistan post-9/11 and then left

Syrian intervention would actually jeopardize our national security because it's one of Russia's main allies and they simply want it more than we do, and I say let them have it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Blue Raider posted:

what do you think about japanese military buildup?

let them go nuts what the gently caress do I care

if China doesn't like that maybe they should stop acting like assholes, it's really not our problem

I say sell them both guns and tanks

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

Well pretty much, I was Hillary from the start and still am. I still think her campaign was run by morons but I think she'd have done fine by the issues I care about and I wish she were president instead of Trump who is a legitimate danger to our democracy.

the biggest danger to our democracy is global corporations buying influence via donations and lobbyists

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

anti-Migratory Bird Treaty Act

canadian geese are a virus and should be eradicated

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

fruit on the bottom posted:

How much of the almanac do I need to have memorized before I can be bothered that we routinely murder innocent people in needless wars and call it collateral damage?

look, a gas attack killed one third the amount of civilians the US did in an airstrike and they must pay for it with blood

Pick posted:

I'm not pro-bombing-Syria, but the average person in the USA is not even aware of most of the US's war crimes and goes about their day largely unaffected by our troubled history in Laos.

my uncle just died after liver failure due to Agent Orange he was exposed to in the 101st while in Cambodia and Laos, just saying

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Blue Raider posted:

apparently, and im hardly an expert, nkorea's weird military posturing comes from the years that they were basically japanese slaves and they'll set on never being in that position again. im not defending north korea but i think their shenanigans are a bit more complicated than saber-rattling.

also it's worth noting that South Korea was a dictatorship until the 1980's with an arguably worse standard of living than the North

but people forget that because they drive a Hyundai now

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Honky Dong Country posted:

I trust Iran with nukes more than I trust the N.Koreans with them.

one of these is involved in a proxy war against the US while supporting terrorist organizations and one is not

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

I agree but I worry less about Iran's leadership, as opposed to N.Korea's insane dictator just up and popping a nuke off because they feel threatened by a military exercise or something. I'm more speaking strictly to the idea of N. Korea having nukes which is what's got the current poo poo stirred up so bad recently.

the possibility is higher but the overall risk is lower

with Iran, all it takes is a more successful version of the uprising a few years ago, a missile at Israel and then we get the Samson Option

less possibility, much higher stakes

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Orkin Mang posted:

anyways im gonna listen to 11hours of patrice oneal talking about movies on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtdf-gXGPIA

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

rip Black Phillip

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
"It's like Brexit. I guess it's real"

Say what you will about Bill but the dude is savvy. The poo poo is absolutely real and it's not over yet.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

That's how they became a protectorate, actually. They threatened to nuke the USSR and European capitals if the US didn't bail them out, and eventually we gave up and gave them whatever they wanted

reminder that France, England and Israel invaded Egypt to seize the Sinai and only stopped when both the US and USSR said they'd intervene to stop them

think about that for a second

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

RaySmuckles posted:

please, tell me the dictators that performed random violent actions that brought the wrath of superior militaries down upon them

don't loving say hitler

Saddam lol

e- 80's Libya, too

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

eh, that was internal stuff

and the US recognized the Khmer Rouge as the official government until the 90's lmao

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Hillary has a new campaign anthem

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
my favorite part of modern media is how they are terrified of people like PewDiePie

just lmao

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Panzeh posted:

I don't think a negative article is a sign of fear lol and then pdp had a meltdown about it.

except there were actually dozens of articles about it and they all hit at the same time

it was pretty amazing actually, and I hate the guy

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

nigga crab pollock posted:

the content of articles is pretty much the least important part of them. it's not like they have actual writers, just unpaid 20-something interns who have never left the western seaboard. if the rise of clickbait titles hasn't clued you in the titles are pretty much the only important part of articles because they get more impressions than the text of the article and it is the primary hook for clicks, which is the thing that makes them money. and it was an anti-semitic joke and not really a nazi joke so the only reason they would say it's a nazi joke is to make the implication that pewdiepie is a nazi. if you are orchestrating a hit campaign that is pretyt much exactly what you do, you write articles that slightlyu misconstrue the situation and make associations between the target and a straw man such as that the anti semitism that a person exhibits makes them a nazi, which while related has much broader and worse implications than a jew joke

my favorite part of the whole saga was when it was revealed one of the WSJ writers in the original article had a bunch of racist and anti-semitic jokes on his Twitter feed

just lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Youtube star gets targeted by an article - who cares!

Next day multiple follow on articles target same dude - eh, it's no big thing

Weeks later a campaign against advertisers on Youtube over "hate speech" - lol gently caress Youtube

Campaign appears to only target alternative right wing and progressive left wing content producers - I'm sure it's nothing, certainly not a targeted attack

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

someone should clue Antifa in on the whole "don't poke the white working class bear" lesson

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Panzeh posted:

Mook had more money than his opponent and his response was to pinch pennies as much as possible.

I wonder if they just pocketed the difference.....

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Panzeh posted:

Election finance is public record and thats probably not a place to launder money. If they were pocketing it it would be 'spent'.

I imagine both candidates came out of the election richer than when they started though, lol.

Oh I know, but maybe it's easier to "spend" that money in some states rather than others

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

*Waitress returns to the table where she excitedly served Jeb Bush, expecting a good tip.*

*Finds two slices of avacado with the check.*

please tip

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

nigga crab pollock posted:

the bernie reality has a 50/50 on being a gibsonesque nightmare tho

gibsonesque nightmare is what my 80's childhood led me to believe was the future we deserved

I was let down immensely

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
they took our jebs so now we must build a wall

we'll make avocados pay for it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Pick posted:

it's not that I don't know who pinochet was (putting me in rare company in the u.s.a.) but you know... how much do you care about burkina faso

just lol if you don't care about BF involvement in the Maghreb

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

*swoops in like a seagull*

"I think you'll find the answer is actually found in ancom principles"

*gets punched by a manlet, calls the police*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Yeah, a bunch of people in the US loving love Pinochet

Pick doesn't know helicopter rides are a hot meme atm

• Locked thread