Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

lovely Wizard posted:

That mod was a piece of poo poo, they instantly banned all Bernie Toxxers when he lost and a week before the election said they would upgrade Trump bans to permabans unless they grovelled to the forums.

Didn't that mod claim he did that because he didn't want goons to commit suicide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Remember that time when Hillary killed a goon while he was playing EVE Online?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I checked out of BSS a looooong time ago. There was this cabal of like 6 or 7 posters including the mod who would talk about other posters in IRC. They'd complain about wrongthink, dig up other 'dirt' on the poster, and have the mod probate them or push bans through.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

comics actually have a pretty proud tradition of being firmly left leaning, probably due to decades of them being part of the counterculture

they only recently went mainstream, with the Marvel Universe poo poo

You're right which makes BSS even more bizarre because according to them literally every comic ever has been 'problematic.'

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Lol if you think the rest of the forums don't run this way

Oh i know they do. It was the first time I witnessed it first hand.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

A number of news networks definitely tried to make the race look as close a possible despite Hillary's constant lead. The media also spent a ton of time entertaining and normalizing Trump's retarded bullshit antics. I don't agree with her being "oppressed" by the media but none of the major networks we're ever truly on her side, which makes their post election tears even more pathetic. You have no right to cry about Trump being the wrong choice when you've enabled him fomr the loving start.

On a scale of one to ten, how bad did you want to kill yourself as election night drew to a close?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'd rather hit that than HRC any day of the week.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Was Trump's appearances on the Tonight Show and SNL part of that too? I see a lot of dumb people point to that as something that helped Trump win.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

Who gives a gently caress about the rust belt? The fact that politicians have to pander to these hicks is just more proof that the system is deeply flawed.

Dude, you just tipped your hand.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So what was everyone's favorite Hillary losing moment here on the forum? Mine was probably the dude who broke off completely with his family over them voting trump to be a good "ally" and was praised over it in negrotown.

The stickied thread reminding everyone not to commit suicide.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Homestar Runner posted:

lost-woods-theme.mid

So what's this resistance? It's just a bunch of angry tweeting?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The Landstander posted:

> DISTILLING POST INTO VIDEO FORMAT ...

COMPLETE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

How many of those celebs actually moved out of the US like they said they would?

At least Dave Chapelle was honest and said he'd actually benefit from what Trump has in mind for tax cuts and poo poo.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

phasmid posted:

Hell, there were people from "correct the record" buzzing around these very forums. Same talking points, same rehashed fake news stories. No place on the internet was safe. I really think that was a factor in people distrusting Clinton. If you criticized her and got enough attention, you'd be mobbed by thought-police. Turns out people don't like being called names and outright bullied for expressing their opinions.

Clinton suck a rotten clap dick and disappear, you bitch.

Who were some of these posters? Were they new accounts or old? Are they still posting?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

And Trump would have a great post kill pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

MD2020 posted:

(1/27), he threatened.

Anytime I see a 1/x or the hand clap separating every word, my eyes roll to the back of my head because I know it's some sad brained liberal about to virtue signal and tell me to educate myself.

• Locked thread